Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Thank you Cassie (and Robin and the rest of the team)

I'm very honored to be the final destination in the summer Passport challenges! It couldn't have come at a better time!

On Wed, after a summer of limited scrapping and looking forward to scrapping again, my laptop CRASHED! We will take it to my Father in Law's to see if he can salvage anything from it! I have taken over my daughter's laptop and had to get it cleaned up, load photoshop, and start redownloading kits I had lost.

While I'm sad about possibly loosing some of my photos (I hadn't backed up lately), layouts and kits...I do have some ideas of hopefully finding some photos to scrap still (thank you to Facebook, instagram and texts for photos that have been posted!)

Yesterday was also my birthday, so this is a wonderful belated birthday gift...but it was also the day we found out my husband would NOT be able to continue his second job due to changes in his 1st job (shift changes).

But today, things are looking up! The 2nd job said today they would work with him because they didn't want to loose him as an employee. And I log on to see such an encouraging message, and to proudly be the host State for this challenge!

So thank you for helping to turn a pretty bad few days into a much better experience!
Old 08-30-2019, 03:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awe, Dawn! You are so very welcome! Yours was my favorite entry of all (sssshhh.... not sure I am supposed to say that out loud? hahaha)! It was clever and fun and the perfect caboose to this getaway train!

I'm sorry to hear about the ups and downs lately but your positivity is uplifting to not just your family but others too! Way to keep it on the bright side! Fingers crossed for you that you will be able to retrieve as many photos and digi supplies as possible and yay for the $50 coupon too! I hope you treat yourself to something amazing!

Happy belated Birthday too! I'm glad you're here with us, celebrating the good and sharing the bad. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way! <3
Old 08-30-2019, 04:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love this Dawn! I'm sorry you had some stressful days this week but glad that this technical connection that spans continents makes it possible for this site and hobby to brighten your day! This is what the human connection is all about! Kudos to your husband for being such a valuable employee and hugs that your photos are restored!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awww Dawn.....that sucks, but I'm glad there was some brightness in your day!

Old 08-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you've had it so rough!

Happy belated birthday though and congrats again on being one of the hostesses!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad things are looking up Dawn. Happy birthday! Such a fun challenge idea!!!
Old 08-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Happy belated birthday and Congratulations, Dawn! Sure hope most stuff will be recovered. Sorry to hear about life's challenges but just as Cassie said, keep your optimism up.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:22 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Happy belated birthday, Dawn!
So sorry about your laptop, but I am so glad that things are looking up for you! Hugs hugs!