Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 07/12

Here's some fun questions to help us get to know each other a bit more.
  1. Best BBQ side dish you make?
  2. Any office supply hoarding or collecting?
  3. Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend?
  4. What is something that made you laugh this week?
  5. Have you started Xmas shopping yet?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. My coleslaw is always a hit. I put in bacon, a mayo/vinegar dressing with celery salt and either maple syrup or sweetener. It's low carb friendly but everyone loves it.

2. I collect pens and paper (notepads, post-its, file cards, etc). I also have a collection of binders, clipboards and folders. For pens, I love extra fine pens and always stock up when I can find them. They seem to be the least available pen around here. My desk has a scatter of file cards with photoshop instructions, recipes, tips, etc. My work desk is always messy but it works for me.

3. I pretty much get up around 6:30-7 every day. The odd time I'll sleep in til aruond 7:30 but rarely. I set the coffee to be ready so I usually get out of bed pretty quick and grab my first cup as I let Taz out, feed the birds/squirrels and grab my phone to sit down to read quietly for a bit.

4. My hubs made me laugh this morning. Poor guy, he was so stressed and yelling at Taz to come inside from the yard as the bear was at the fence. I knew Taz would ignore him b/c of the shrill, shrieking yelling he was doing. He responds to calm stern commands, not high pitched frantic screams. I knew the bear would ignore Taz (they always do) and Taz will always bark and chase them away, that is just what he does which is funny to see b/c he's 25 lbs and no match for a 500 lb bear. But I've learned the bears are not bothered by him, they just ignore him or wander away b/c they hate his barking. So, my poor hubs was scared but I couldn't help laugh at his frantic jumping up and down and waving his arms while screeching at Taz. I don't think he appreciated me laughing at him but I couldn't help it.

5. I am thinking of buying a few things in the next month as I start looking for clothes for my youngest granddaughter. I always find better choices in the States than here at home in Canada so as we go into town on wkends from our summer place in WA, I will start looking around.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for always posting Friday Fun Facts Rae!

Best BBQ side dish you make? Collard greens (in my Instant Pot) - so yummy!
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? Not a supply, but I am terrible about throwing out my paperwork.
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the weekend? It's really variable for me. Sometimes I sleep in, other times I wake up and read and fall back asleep and other times little man is up and therefore I'm up!
What is something that made you laugh this week? I know I've had a few chuckles this week, but I can't seem to remember why!
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? No! I very rarely start before Thanksgiving
Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Best BBQ side dish you make? beans!
  2. Any office supply hoarding or collecting? I'm a lover of a good gel pen, but my daughter is totally an OCD Office supply girl- her favorite store is Office Depot!
  3. Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? I sleep in on my days off if the kids let me- by sleeping in that's still up around 8am. I get up at 6am on tues/wed for work. I also am a night owl, hubby & I watch our not kid-friendly shows after they are in bed, so most nights I'm not in bed until at least 11pm.
  4. What is something that made you laugh this week? Our goofy dog. She's a hoot- she hurt her shoulder a few weeks ago, so we've had to keep her downstairs (not allowed to go up/down stairs or jump on/off couches/beds... and she usually sleeps in our daughter's bed) and last night at bedtime, I was turning off lights & she just stood at the gate to the stairs & glared at me... lol she was NOT happy with me! She's doing much better- no more limping- so hopefully she can have her bed & her girl back soon!
  5. Have you started Xmas shopping yet? No- we usually take one of my hubby's extra paychecks (he gets paid every 2 weeks, so there are 2 extra checks a year)- we use for Christmas. I think that one is at the end of August so I may start then, but often only if I find something that I know I wont be able to get later. I find the earlier I shop, the more I spend, so I try to not do much until at least November.

Last edited by AmieN1; 07-12-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? I make potato salad usually. Matt makes pretty amazing mac and cheese with bacon.
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? nah
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? Yes, my body pretty much hates sleep. I'm up everyday between 4:30am and 5:00am. I wish I could sleep in on the weekend. This morning, though, I "slept in" until 5:30am. Yay me!
What is something that made you laugh this week? My dogs make me laugh every day. Silly boxers!
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Ewwww...no. lol

Old 07-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? that salad with the crunchy Ramen noodles on top
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? papermate Flair pens
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? Sleep in
What is something that made you laugh this week? Jump-roping with my kids
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Huh? Ask me again on Dec. 22. (Actually, have to start early as our packages typically take 2-3 weeks to arrive and longer near the holidays)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Best BBQ side dish you make? I make potato salad usually. Matt makes pretty amazing mac and cheese with bacon.
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? nah
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? Yes, my body pretty much hates sleep. I'm up everyday between 4:30am and 5:00am. I wish I could sleep in on the weekend. This morning, though, I "slept in" until 5:30am. Yay me!
What is something that made you laugh this week? My dogs make me laugh every day. Silly boxers!
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Ewwww...no. lol
You have me super curious, what time do you go to bed?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? None. A basic salad I guess, but nothing to rave about.
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? Not any more. I used to though.
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? I'm a morning person. I get up about 5.30am for bootcamp during the week, so tend to wake up close to that in the weekend too.
What is something that made you laugh this week? My kids. We did a road trip this week and were telling each other jokes.
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Nope. Not even close.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? Not really sure if it's a side dish - but I make a killer fruit dip with sliced fruit.
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? Cat pens, cat notepads, cat sticky tabs...anything cat related!
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? I wake up at 4:15 every morning before work. One weekends I "sleep in" until about 6.
What is something that made you laugh this week? I tricked my boss into thinking I needed his help with something on the computer, and when he turned his back to me - I tossed glitter on him. We call it glitter bombing...and now I know I'm in for it!
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Oh gosh no!
Old 07-13-2019, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? I don't really have BBQ's so no side dishes from me
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? YES! I love it all, pens, notepads, everything! I have a shop called Paperchase that make pretty notepads and I have loads but don't use them lol
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? Yes thanks to kids, usually 5.30am, I would love a lie in one day!
What is something that made you laugh this week? Thomas has started dancing and it's so cute and funny
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Nope but with 5 kids I probably should right?
Old 07-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? Maybe a broccoli salad - yum!
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? I love pretty notebooks. I do use them though!
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? I sleep in whenever I can. I am definitely not a morning person anymore. You guys get up WAY too early!!
What is something that made you laugh this week?

My son. Lena, an exchange student from France came this week. She gave my son a beret. He was laughing in the pic because he said "Bonjour! I am going to get all the girls because girls like French men!" LOL
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Heck no! I haven't even started on what my son will need for college in a month.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make?
No matter what get together, my taco dip is always expected... it's my father-in-laws favorite app.

Any office supply hoarding or collecting?
I hoard it all... I love office supplies and don't want to use them, especially pretty notebooks!

Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend?
Pretty much... I don't use an alarm clock - if I need to be up at a certain time, I just tell myself that and 99% of the time it works... has always been that way, my mom is the same way.

What is something that made you laugh this week?
My mom - Jake had a computer camp in Milwaukee (which is an 1.5hr away from where I live)... so we spent a few nights in a hotel - we come up with the silliest things and can laugh for hours - we always joke that we should write our own sitcom.

Have you started Xmas shopping yet?
Yes- I shop year round, when I find something at a good price, I get it - but it's not planned.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? Potato Salad (it's like the only bbq side dish I make lol). I make mine pretty basic with a twist.... white potato, hardboiled egg, hellmanns mayo (can'tbe anything but hellmanns -- and I always put a little more than I should because we don't like it dry). Then I add a little bit of Dill seasoning. Oh, and we serve it warm.... potato salad is yucky cold.
Any office supply hoarding or collecting? I have a major office supplies hoarding problem. I love making lists, and even lists of lists that I need to make, and as much as I try to cut back by tracking things on the computer, it's just not the same as a good flowing pen and pad of paper. I am mostly addicted to legal pads, cute notebooks and pretty pens. I do however get sucked in by cute post its, pretty printed file folders and I ALWAYS stock up on pencils, paper, binder clips, index cards, sharpies, glue, tape at back to school time (it's what I call 'moms christmas' when I get to restock my office supplies lol)
Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend?
What is something that made you laugh this week? My lil chickies.... they are so funny, and at 3 weeks old, their personalities are really shining through. There is already one that is supper attached to me and always needs to be in my arms, and one that ALWAYS has to sit on my hubby's head! She makes me laugh every time we let them out of their brooder.
Have you started Xmas shopping yet? Yes. I always start in January when they have big sales. I usually get the little things that the kids get every year (a new mug, their annual christmas ornament etc), when they mark down all the christmas stuff after christmas. Also spring and summer sales for their nerdy tech collectables so I get a lot this time of year. I do try to pick up one gift for other family members once a month too so I don't get overwhelmed when the holidays arrive. If I didn't start shopping the day after Christmas I'd never get everything done.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Best BBQ side dish you make? Pasta Salad

Any office supply hoarding or collecting? I am an absolute horror at nabbing pens! My sister pops my hand whenever we goto the bank or dr office and I use their pen to sign stuff. She bee's like give up the pen thief! LOL

Do you always wake around the same time or sleep in on the wkend? I usually get up round 9am everyday.

What is something that made you laugh this week? Blowing bubbles with my dad and the silly antics of my 2 fur babies!

Have you started Xmas shopping yet? No but need to get on it!