Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's get positive!

So often these boards are used for venting and complaining and it's awesome. But why don't we use this thread to state something positive that happened today? Something we like about our appearance currently? Or share a video/pic that is guaranteed a laugh?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'll go first! Today I'm wearing pants that retail for over $200. I picked them up when they were on mega sale ($49) in store and then when I got to the check out, was told my voucher I got thanks to my first Marie Claire magazine, had $100 loaded onto it! So these babies were free!

WIN!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm...let's see....well later today my oldest daughter will take her practical exam to become a licensed cosmetologist. I am VERY proud of her.

Oh....and I get a haircut today too!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kids are at my parents having lots of fun with cousins for 5-6 days (school holidays), and I've gotten so much accomplished since they left. My house is clean, my jobs are done, I've exercised daily, I'm drinking lots of water.... I'm feeling good!!

Oh, and DH returns from deployment in a few weeks LOL
Old 09-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
Hmmm...let's see....well later today my oldest daughter will take her practical exam to become a licensed cosmetologist. I am VERY proud of her.

Oh....and I get a haircut today too!
Yay for your eldest! Good on her! And I wanna see shots of this new do
Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
My kids are at my parents having lots of fun with cousins for 5-6 days (school holidays), and I've gotten so much accomplished since they left. My house is clean, my jobs are done, I've exercised daily, I'm drinking lots of water.... I'm feeling good!!

Oh, and DH returns from deployment in a few weeks LOL
Nothing better than being on top of things and feeling good!
Oh and yay for your hubby coming back soon
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

seeing light at the end of the health tunnel finally https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=46717
finally after 3 weeks my designated doctors report has finally reached the government office so I can find out if I have been granted more help that I have been waiting since July for
This week I apply to the university program I have been planning on applying to since I was about 15 - Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging) so when I qualify in 3 yearsI will able to take diagnostic images of the body such as xrays,CATScans etc

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 09-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Plenty of wonderful things in my life to compensate for the ugly ones!

Been to London recently, and it was as awesome as ever. Hope to go back in November and see the Phantom of the Opera (yay!).

Had a most lovely weekend, spent shopping and eating out and chatting with one of my best friends. Sunday was wonderfully lazy, and I got to see the movie "The Queen" on my home cinema (I have a real one, with a projector and all - that was one of the first things I bought in Lux when I still thought I was only going to stay for a year, so I decided to spend that year spending as I knew I would never ever be able to do that again once back in Slovakia. Well, I was mistaken, but the cinema stayed, hehe).

And I'm going to see ROBYN on 12 October. She's performing in Lux! How cool is that? Been such a fan since 2005, so finallement!

Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It is my anniversary in the morning!!!! I feel very blessed to be married to the love of my life - and while we are going to be apart (again - we are at 50%) at least I am in the same country this time!!!!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm kinda excited about the new sofas I ordered today . The old one is getting kinda uncomfortable so yay for comfy scrapping!

Oh and I've also run a couple of other errands already today so I'm feeling like it's an accomplishing things kind of day

Jacinda - glad to hear you're getting to the end of the deployment, I know it's been tough for you
Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, my DH is having knee surgery today so while I'm in the waiting room, I'm planning to do lots of scrapping!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnie View Post
It is my anniversary in the morning!!!! I feel very blessed to be married to the love of my life - and while we are going to be apart (again - we are at 50%) at least I am in the same country this time!!!!
Happy Anniversary!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My family is happy and healthy that is the most important thing... a happy thing just for me? Well, I'm in an aqua zumba class (it's the zumba class, but they do it in the water) once a week and LOVIN' it!! The first time ever I found exercise enjoyable. I hope that I can take it 3 times a week... but that depends on if my mom's back is getting better so she can watch J.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my job. I wake up every morning excited to go to work. One of my favorite little guys has been out sick since leaving mid-morning Thursday, and he should be back today. I'm excited to see him and work with him. I really like my coworkers. I am so blessed to be at this school.

My 14 year old daughter makes our dinner almost every night, and packs lunches for everyone in the morning. She chooses to do this so that in the evenings I can work out and in the mornings, she can make sure everyone gets healthy meals.

I'm going to Disneyworld (and Universal) in 239 days.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
I love my job. I wake up every morning excited to go to work. One of my favorite little guys has been out sick since leaving mid-morning Thursday, and he should be back today. I'm excited to see him and work with him. I really like my coworkers. I am so blessed to be at this school.

My 14 year old daughter makes our dinner almost every night, and packs lunches for everyone in the morning. She chooses to do this so that in the evenings I can work out and in the mornings, she can make sure everyone gets healthy meals.

I'm going to Disneyworld (and Universal) in 239 days.
Loving your job is a truly fantastic thing ... that is what I tell my boys ... I really don't care what you do for a job (other than it be legal of course lol) ... but do one that you love!

Wow! Can I borrow your daughter? I wish any one of my boys would do this ... I can't figure out how to get them to do this without a LOT of grumbling ... I have taught them how to cook and use basic recipes ... but none of them seem to be able to do it without me standing next to them. sigh. I'm envious.

ROTFL you aren't COUNTING are you? My 15yo ds told me yesterday that his mickey mouse shirt is getting too small ... can we go back to Disney World and get him a new one? LOL

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 09-28-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I am thankful for my husband especially today. He puts up with me and my indecisiveness.

I had decided not to go back to skating, and he supported that. Then last night, I had a meeting with the executive, and I did decide to go back. Without him, none of it would be possible.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I am thankful for my husband. We have days where we fight like cats and dogs, but we always kiss each other goodnight, and everything works out. He let's me be me like no one else ever did, and I love and appreciate that about him so very much.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My little guy lost his first tooth last week. He was so cute - he came running downstairs in nothing but his socks to tell us his tooth had come out - he was changing his underwear and getting ready for bed LOL He gives me so much joy =) Here he is in his Iron Man outfit and his missing tooth!

Stephanie
Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got 9 hours of sleep last night! The night before a teething baby limited me to 4, and since DH was gone for the evening, I just went to bed at 7:30 so it didn't matter that I woke up at 4:30 (so ready for teething to be done!)

Also, I started the 100 push-up challenge awhile ago, but stopped, and just maxed out at 27 after not doing any since July! I could barely do 2 or 3 when I started.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i have a fabulous family and a handful of friends who i know would do ANYTHING for me. i need nothing else. honestly.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for my sweet husband...I miss him just when he's at work now that I work and don't get to see him as much. I love my job, I love working, I just hate the part where some days we literally see each other for two minutes.
I'm thankful for an amazing job..I've only been there for a little over a month and my bosses love me(and I love my bosses), I'm getting opportunities for further training and such, it's actually been a great opportunity!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that I have an amazing husband, beautiful healthy children, a roof over our heads, & food on our table. We may not have a lot of anything else but it truly doesn't matter, because we have each other & we have LOTS of love.

I also have some pretty wonderful friends who would be there if I needed them.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My MIL just came and got my DD so I could have a little mommy break. I'm SUPER thrilled about that!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful that I'm getting closer to finalizing my Disneyland plans for the end of October...Nothing beats planning...I'm thankful for my son who is the light of my life and my family who is super supportive...
Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Oh I have tons to be thankful for!!

A fabulous hubby who works hard every day so I can stay home with my babies, who gets up every morning and cooks us all hot breakfasts, who will often let me sleep in an extra hour in the morning cause he knows it's rough still getting up all night with the baby.

Kids that are happy and healthy. My 3 school aged kids are all loving school and bring home good grades. All 3 of them LOVE to get up every morning and go to school. The come home and do their homework. My oldest does the dishes every night. My youngest DD sweeps the kitchen every night.

My 2 sweet boys at home with me, love to play and help me do my chorse every day. Today they even overlapped their naps for 45 minutes so mommy could finish up a LO she started last night!!!

My kids may get up at an ungodly hour but all my kids are in bed and asleep by 8PM ev ery night so my honey and I have plenty of adult time together!!

My dad had eye surgery yesterday and it went perfectly and he came through it wonderfully!!!

We are having family over this weekend to celebrate my sweet baby boy's first birthday!!

I could go on and on but those are just some of the most important ones!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i took a half day today from work because i'm not feeling well BUT that meant I got to take a 3 hour nap - which was heavenly. dh is so good to me when i'm sick - letting me sleep and picking up the slack. i don't know what i would do otherwise!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Things are still pretty dire in our life with both of us looking for work and no prospects to speak of, but it's amazing how a change in DH's attitude after going through some counseling and being put on Zoloft for his depression has helped! I feel like I've gotten my sweet hubby back after a 1+ year of some other dude being around and pretending to be him.

i.e.

AF came to visit today, so I took a nap when DD did this morning even though I had chores to do around the house.

While we were both sleeping, DH did a load of laundry, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, and ran to the store for some groceries. During our late lunch, he told me he'd gotten me some "'I'm bleeding!' food" (his words, not mine! *lol*) including Pringles chips (which he can't even eat since they are not GF) and M'n'Ms.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My daughter came to see me yesterday. She finally got her license!! (yay!!) that means she will be able to come see me more often or at the very least meet me halfway so we do not have to drive all the way to her house.

I am still having pain in my neck but in another ten days I get the second half of radio frequency done and hopefully I will have some pain relief in a few weeks after that!!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
i have a fabulous family and a handful of friends who i know would do ANYTHING for me. i need nothing else. honestly.
AMEN!!!!!!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 09-28-2010, 09:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This whole thread just makes me happy.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Me too!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love this thread!

I am so excited that my DH just ordered both the camera lenses I want! Whoo-Hoo! I can't wait to play.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

YAY! Lucky you Kendall! Can't wait to see your photos with your new toys
Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i just finished a kick ace blinkie for lita....

getting into a groove of helping out at both my boys' schools- gets me out of the house and meeting new people...even if they are little people LOL!

i helped in my preschooler's classroom yesterday with paper flowers and cards i suggested for grandparent's day gifts...made me feel pretty useful

Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Things are still pretty dire in our life with both of us looking for work and no prospects to speak of, but it's amazing how a change in DH's attitude after going through some counseling and being put on Zoloft for his depression has helped! I feel like I've gotten my sweet hubby back after a 1+ year of some other dude being around and pretending to be him.

During our late lunch, he told me he'd gotten me some "'I'm bleeding!' food" (his words, not mine! *lol*) including Pringles chips (which he can't even eat since they are not GF) and M'n'Ms.

This is awesome. And a little funny So happy for you L.A.!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I managed to do a calendar template for my 2011 project yesterday. Given the fact that I hate measuring anything it's unbelievable, not to mention the fact I almost didn't believe I'd ever get to it (postponing always takes so long, doesn't it). :-)