Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default How do you divide up your PL weeks?

I am going to be starting PL on Aug 1, a Wednesday. It's my twins first birthday and I want to document their year between their first and second birthday. How should I divide up the weeks? I was thinking I could do 1-7, 8-14,15-21 etc or I could do each "row" of the month which would mean the first week would be Wed-Sat and the last week would be Sun-Fri. OR I could include Sept 1 in that week, but then my week would span two different months.

Am I totally over thinking this?

Erin
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started at the beginning of the year and there are 8 days recorded on my first week. I did that because it made sense to me to start on a Monday and end on a Sunday... because I always view Mondays as the start of the week and Sunday the end. I know Sunday is supposed to be the first day of the week... but it never has felt that way to me.

PL is so flexible. Do whatever you think is going to serve you in the long run and don't worry if the first week is "messed up."

Maybe if there's not enough to make a full two page spread you could instead start with a summary of what you're doing and why... and then have a page with the few days for that first week. Hope that helps!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I would do wed-sun and then mon-sun from then on in.

That's how I roll, Monday - Sunday is my week.

How cool for you twins!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sunday through saturday is my weeks, so not sure how I would break that up..maybe like nicole suggested
Old 07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliem888 View Post
I would do wed-sun and then mon-sun from then on in.
That's what I would do, too. I never really thought about it since the year started on a Sunday, but I would definitely want it to run the course of a regular week for me.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I did the same thing for my twins first year, except mine started August 5 which was a Friday. My weeks for last year went Friday-Thursday. Then I did a really long week in dec to end the year and then I started 2012 off with Sunday-Saturday. It worked great for me. Good luck, I hope you find something that works!

Mom to twin boys since 8-5-2011

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When I did my research on this, a lot of people did Sunday - Saturday and a lot were doing Monday - Sunday (so their weekends would be together), but there were a handful who did Saturday - Friday so they would have the weekends together AND be able to put PL together on the weekends.

Whatever 'feels' right to you and works best for your schedule is the best way to do it, kwim? The best thing abt PL is that it's 1000% customizable for your specific needs.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The beauty of Project Life is that you can do whatever feels right to you... you don't even have to do weekly, you can just do them when you want... for me I do weekly just because I need the weeks to keep me motivated... if it were me, I'd probably do as suggested and do Wed-Sat, then Sun-Sat from then on... Since I'm doing it yearly, this year I'm doing Sun-Sat, next year I'll figure out what I'm gonna do
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I agree with the other girls that PL is soo flexible I think I would do Wed-Sat and then do Sun-Sat, but that is my personal opinion, but that is only beacuse this year happened to start on a Sunday I start Jan 1st (whatever day that falls on) and go week by week