Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 12-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2010: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Chicklets!!

We are sooo excited to roll out the very first challenge portfolio of 2010! We really hope the prompts below inspire you to scrap a ton this month. Our team has already gotten started creating their own portfolios to inspire you, so check em out after you read through this month's fun tasks!

For ease of reference, we've created a printable checklist of this month's portfolio. Click the link below to download and print!

As always, you MUST use primarily Sweet Shoppe products to complete your challenge layouts.

January 2010: Sweet Shoppe Scrapper's Portfolio

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

2 - January 13th is Make Your Dreams Come True Day. Scrap one of your biggest dreams. Include a to-do list outlining how you're going to make that dream come true.

3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

4 - Get Organized! The 1st of the year is the perfect time to regroup and reorganize, choose one place in your home to take before and after photos of and document the reorganization process!

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

6 - Twitterpatted - With the advent of sites like Twitter, many of us have begun to share snippets of what we're doing right this second with the rest of the world. Using that concept, scrap a photo free, graphic layout that expresses what you're doing RIGHT NOW. Don't over-think it!

7 - Use the incredible website Before I Die... as inspiration for a page of your own.

8 - Holiday Aftermath: Now that the holidays are over, the decorations are put away, the guests gone back home and real life is back in session, scrap a layout about those "must have" toys and gifts which have already been tossed aside & forgotten.

9 - January looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing to school and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout.

11 - The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!

12 - January 31st is Backwards Day - put your thinking cap on and use the concept of 'backwards' as a design element on your page.

13 - If I could be a _________, I would be a _________. Scrap It!

14 - January is National Hobby Month. Create a layout which celebrates your favorite hobby be it scrapbooking or something else. As an alternative, consider scrapping your husband or child's favorite hobby!

15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows!

16 - Behind Closed Doors: Your Closet(s). Shoot it & scrap it, but DON'T clean it!

17 - What we did today: Dateline January X, 2010. Simple enough, scrap a family memoir of a single day in January from start to finish!

18 - The ipod/itunes silhouettes are iconic! Use them as a source of inspiration for a layout...

19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout.

20 - Eyeball Benders: Use the macro setting on your camera to capture some of your family's favorite things from a whole new point of view (see the examples below) and scrap a whimsical and playful look at these "things".

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view.

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)

23 - January 23rd is National Handwriting Day! Get creative and create a layout which features your personal handwriting prominently on the page. If you have a custom font featuring your handwriting, feel free to use it! You can also journal with your favorite paper and pen and scan or photograph it too!

24 - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts. NOTE: a combination of both does not count.

25 - Two Sides of Sweet: New Year's Resolutions can inspire wonderful changes in our lives, but they can also make us crazy with feeling like we just can't do it. Pick a resolution you've made in the past or will be making for 2010, and create a layout that shows off the sweet and not so sweet sides of trying to accomplish this change in your life.

26 - Year In Review: Things You Meant To Do. Create a layout which captures those things you meant to do in 2009, but never got around to accomplishing.

27 - January 4th is Trivia Day - create a page that shares some trivia about you or one of your little ones.

28 - Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?

29 - Color Me Katie has spectacular inspiration, but one of our favorite things on this site is the short little stories she tells with a few words and pictures like this or this or even this. Get creative with your own photos and short captions to tell your own mini story in a layout.

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible

31 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

31a - Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats
31b - 10 things I Love About Me
31c - If I could live anywhere, it would be...
31d - If a song turned on when I walked in the room, it would be...
31e - If I had a million dollars...

32 - Past, Present, Future: Travel - scrap a trio of layouts which represent your travel memories of past, present & future.

32a - A childhood vacation
32b - A recent vacation
32c - A dream vacation

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible

33 - Mini Badge Albums - This month we’re creating a mini album using plastic name badge holders, business card file or trading card keepers. Use one of the fabulous projects below as inspiration to create a mini album of your own that includes at least 6 two sided pages (12 mini pages total).

Mini Business Card Album by Teresa Victor
Perfect Purse Album by Julie Brooks
Mini Badge Album by Julie Michelle

Flex Tip #1 - Be Creative! If the challenge is asking for a TOP 10 of your favorite TV shows, feel free to scrap your husband's or child's favorite shows instead! If it's asking a question, feel free to ask the question of a loved one and scrap a page for them instead. The only time this wouldn't apply is to your Book of Me album which should be a stunning tribute to YOU!

DON'T FORGET! As you complete layouts for our challenges, you'll be tracking them yourself in one post that you'll update throughout the month. For January, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on February 1st. Our SugarBabes have started trackers of their own in this thread to show you how it's done, but here are the basics.

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to your tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbered list above and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Happy New Year and Happy Scrapping!

Robin
Old 12-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

this is looking awesome Robin!

Saving a spot!

1- 1pt--Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

3- 1pt--Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

5- 1pt--Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

Bonus pages:

1pt.--Take Out Tuesday – 1/12

1pt.--Featured Scrapper 1/8

1pt.--
Featured Staffer 1/15

Total:6 points

Last edited by crystalbella77; 01-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

1 pt.

3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009

1 pt.

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

1 pt

8 - Holiday Aftermath: Now that the holidays are over, the decorations are put away, the guests gone back home and real life is back in session, scrap a layout about those "must have" toys and gifts which have already been tossed aside & forgotten.

1 pt

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout

1 pt.

11 - The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!

1 pt.

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)
Question #10 - What is Courage

Using New Release - 3 pts

29 - Color Me Katie has spectacular inspiration, but one of our favorite things on this site is the short little stories she tells with a few words and pictures like this or this or even this. Get creative with your own photos and short captions to tell your own mini story in a layout.

2 pts

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)

2 pts

I recreated this from the early days

Blog Bonus Challenge #2

1 pt

Blog Bonus Challenge #4

1 pt

Blog Bonus Challenge #5

1 pt.

31 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

Book of Me
5 pts

Total points to date: 21

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 01-29-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1- Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo 1 point

3- Year in Review: Pop Culture 1 point

10-Color Challenge 1 point

19- Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. 1 point

22- Baby Love Letters 2 points

23- Handwriting Challenge 2 points

28- Traditions: How does your family celebrate the New Year? 2 point

31a- All About Me: Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats
For my He Said, She Said Book

31b- 10 Things I Love About Me

31e- All About Me: If I Had a Million Dollars...
For my He Said, She Said Book

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/1 1 point

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/8 1 point

]

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/15 1 point

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/29 1 point +1NR point

TOTAL: 20 points

Last edited by aly321; 01-30-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Looks fab!!

1- 1 point- lift of Jaclyn TOTM
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=114915

5- 1 point- Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

11- 1 point- The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=114617

22- 2 points- Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=114984

28 - 2 points- Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=115863

TOTAL= 7 points

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows! (1 pt.)

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 pt.)

Total Points - 2

Last edited by Misty Cato; 01-03-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge 10 - colouriffic 1 point plus a Hot4Hybrid extra

Challenge 19 - Use a winter themed kit for a non themed project 1 point plus a Hot4Hybrid extra

I used Dani's Checking It Twice christmas themed kit for this definitly non-Christmassy card. I twiddled with the colours on one of the papers to make it more turquoise.

TOTAL = 4 points

Last edited by Andrea Gourley; 12-31-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

1- 1 point TOTM lift

6 - 1 point Twitterpatted

7- 1 point Before I die...

19- 1 point Winter Kit for Non-Theme LO

22- 2 points Baby Love Letters- #83

26- 2 points Year in Review: Failed Goals

25- 2 points Two Sides of Sweet + 1 New Releases Bonus Point

31a-

total points to date: 11
Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My TOTM lift:
1pt

Last edited by ZaCola3; 12-30-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is my spot......

1- Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January. (1 pt)

5. Hat Day - Scrap a page about one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 pt)

10. Coloriffic - Use the following swatch for inspiration. (1 pt).

11. The Midseason Break is over - create a layout about the show you are looking forward to returning + NR - Sketchers No. Template by Julie Billingsley (1/2/10) (2 pts)

15. Scrap a page with no shadows (1 pt)

18. Be inspired by the Ipod/Itunes silhouettes (1 pt)

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters - Used Baby Love Letter #60 for my inspiration. (2 pts)

Bonus - Featured Scrapper 1/8 (1 pt):

31c. Create a layout - If I could live anywhere, it would be....

Bonus - Take-Out Tuesday Blog Prompt 1/26 (1 pt):

Total Points: 11

Last edited by d2vasquez; 01-26-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

10 - 1pt:

15 - 1pt

Total Points: 2

Penny

Last edited by Penny Springmann; 01-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1- 1pt; Lift a layout by Jacyln Bernardo

5- 1pt; Hat Day

22- 2pts; Baby Love Letters #6- How has this child changed your life?

BONUS: Featured Scrapper 1/1- Christine- 1pt

Total points: 5

Last edited by Teresa; 02-02-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1- 1 Point

3- 1 Point

5- 1 Point + NR Point(1/2)Pieces of me by Traci Reed

Total Points To Date: 4

Last edited by gracielou; 01-06-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Challenge #1 - Lifted Vroom by mrs_jb - 1 pt

Challenge #5 + 1 NR Point (Bottom Ups 5 by Me)

Challenge #12 + 1 NR Point (I Loved Her First by Me)

Challenge #31a + 1 NR Point (Live Your Life by Me)

31b

31d

Bonus #2 - 1 pt

Points Earned to date: 12

Last edited by Traci Reed; 01-21-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Lift a Layout: 1 pt + 1 NR = 2

10 - Coloriffic! 1 pt

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters 2+1 (new release) = 3 pts

Total points earned to date: 6 pts

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 01-29-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

3 - 1 pt

Last edited by Darcy Baldwin; 01-03-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

This is the coolest challenge system EVER!

challenge 1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo - 1 point

challenge 7 - before I die - 1 point

challenge 14 - layout about my hobby - 1 point +new release= 2 points
(used new release Word Jumbles: Moments by Penny Springmann released 1/2)

challenge 32b - recent vacation - no points until all 3 are done

challenge 32c - dream vacation - no points until all 3 are done

Total points to date- 4 points

Last edited by Julie Billingsley; 01-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ack the pressure.. do i dare..

claiming my spot
Old 12-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Treat of the Month - Jaclyn Bernardo (mrs_jb) - 1 pt.

10. Colorrific - Using A Lot Like Love

Last edited by Aggie Aviso; 01-25-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#1 Lift Jaclyn-1pt

#5 Hat Day-1pt

#11 Midseason TV-1pt

#26 Year In Review Things you meant to do-2pt

#15 No Shadows -1pt

#24 8+ Alphas -2pt

#22 Baby Love Letters (#10 What is courage?) -2pt+1NR

#27 Trivia Day-2pt+1NR

#33 Badge Album-10pt

*~*24pt

Last edited by Keely~B; 01-10-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#1 Lift of Jaclyn Bernardo - 1 pt

#15 - Getting Graphic: NO shadows! - 1 pt

Total Portfolio points=2

My Gallery

Last edited by Sue Setiadji; 01-21-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

#1 - lift Jaclyn Bernardo TOTM - 1 pt

#3 - Pop Culture: Year in Review - Top 10 TV shows - 1 pt

#4 - Reorganization - 1 pt

#5 - Celebrate Hat Day - 1 pt

#6 - What I'm Doing Right Now - 1 pt

#19 - use a Winter Kit for a non-winter layout - 1 pt

#22 - Baby Love Letters - #49 Connections - 2pts

Bonus Challenge #1 - 1/1 Featured Scrapper Christine - 1 pt

Total Points = 8 pts

Last edited by Tracyfish; 01-03-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

love love love this new challenge system!! here's my spot ... be back later with some layouts

1- 1pt - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

22 - 2 pts.- Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)

31c - If I could live anywhere, it would be...

bonus #3 - 1 pt - Cindy Schneider (aka cindys732003) is an awesome layout artist and template designer. Download January’s Cookie here and decorate it to make it your own. You have until the end of January to post this Bonus Layout into your Portfolio.

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio

Last edited by dana; 01-17-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1-LAL by Jaclyn Bernardo, January TOTM for January = 1 PT

10- Coloriffic Challenge - 1 point

Bonus #3

Last edited by marnel; 01-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am so exited about this!

Saving my spot
Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1- lift the TOTM1pt

5- Scrap a favorite hat1pt

10- Coloriffic1pt

14 - Scrap your hobby1 pt

Last edited by Sari; 01-15-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my spot!

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. (1 pt.)

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 pt.)

7 - Use the incredible website Before I Die... as inspiration for a page of your own. (1 pt.)

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout. (1 pt.)

14 - January is National Hobby Month. Create a layout which celebrates your favorite hobby be it scrapbooking or something else. As an alternative, consider scrapping your husband or child's favorite hobby! (1 pt.)

15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows! (1 pt.)

21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view. (2 pts.)
(2 pts. + 1 pt. for new release = 3 pts.)

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (2 pts.)

Inspired by Question Four: What is a friend?

Bonus #2 (1 pt.), New Release (1 pt.) = 2 pts.

TOTAL = 13 pts.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn

Last edited by kresta; 01-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

#1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. 1pt

#14 Child's Favorite Hobby. 1 pt

#19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. 1pt

TOTAL - 3 pts

Last edited by cindys732003; 12-28-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

10- Coloriffic! Use the follong swatch as inspiration to create a layout:

19- Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. {I used Snowy Sweetness by Kristin CB and Meg Mullens to scrap my princess page! an New Release Point - Janet Template #31}

Bonus #1

Total Points = 5

Last edited by sczos911; 01-01-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January - 1 pt

25 - Two Sides of Sweet - 1 pt

Book Of Me 2010 (1/3 completed)
31b - 10 Things I Love About Me

Total Points to date = 2

Last edited by newfiemountiewife; 01-03-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

18: Using ipod silhouettes as inspiration 1pt plus 1pt for hybrid

22: Self Portrait by my son with our camera 2pts plus 1pt for using NR this week ( 01/02, Alejandro by Eva)

BONUS #1: Lift of this LO by supertwinkle, as per blog of 1/1, with emphasis on alpha/ fonts in hybrid format 1pt plus 1pt (I think???)

1: Hybrid lift of a LO by Jaclyn Bernardo 1pt plus 1pt for hybrid

29: Inspired by Color Me Katie 2pts plus 1pt for hybrid

Total=12pts...but feel free to correct my counting

Last edited by livelys; 01-19-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

WOOT! I'm almost ready with a few hybrid LO's, so I'm claiming my spot!!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saving my spot

1pt

3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.
1 pt

9 - January looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing to school and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=118760

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley

Last edited by Amy Carey; 01-21-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

#1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our TOTM for January - 1pt

Total Points to Date = 1 pt
Old 12-31-2009, 01:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#1 - 1pt

#21 - 2pts

Total Points - 3pts

Old 01-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1 - 1 pt - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

3 - 1 pt - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

7 - 1 pt - Use the incredible website Before I Die... as inspiration for a page of your own.

9 - 1 pt - January looks like...

10 - 1 pt - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout.

14 - 1 pt - National Hobby Month

17 - 1 pt - What we did today

19 - 1 pt - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout.
1 pt - NR Bonus - Bad Sewing Machine 17 (1/9/10)

22 - 2 pt - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters, Inspired by Question 103

23 - 2 pt - National Handwriting Day
NR - 1 pt - Love Actually (1/21/10)

24 - 2 pt - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts.

25 - 2 pts - Two sides of sweet

27 - 2 pt - Trivia Day

31 - 5 pts - Book of Me

1 pt - NR Bonus - Live Your Life (1/9/10)

31b - 10 Things I Love About Me

31d - Song

Bonus #2 - 1 pt
1 pt
- NR - I Loved Her First (1/16/10)

Bonus #3 - 1 pt
NR Bonus - 1 pt - Kitschy Sweet 1/30/10

TOTAL: 30

Last edited by jenn7; 01-30-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

OOooo! I am so playing along. Saving my spot here. Will post layouts as they are created!

1 Point Challenges:

#5 Funny Hat Pic.

2 Point Challenges:

#24 Uses 8 or more fonts.
{See credits for all the fonts used}

#29 Color Mr Katie Inspiration.

#30 Digiscrap Rewind.
old layout-

new layout-

5 Point Challenges:

#32. Past, Present, & Future Travel.
32a. Childhood Vacation-

32b. Recent Vacation-

32c. Dream Vacation-

10 Point Challenge:

#33 Mini Album

Total Points Earned: 22 points

Last edited by SEJSmiles; 01-19-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 - 1 pt - Lift a layout by Jacyln Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

I lifted mrs_jb's layout Unique.

2 - 1 pt + 1 NR bonus point - January 13th is Make Your Dreams Come True Day. Scrap one of your biggest dreams. Include a to-do list outlining how you're going to make that dream come true. New Release: Where Fairies Dance by Misty Cato - New 1/9 - LO Uploaded 1/15

3 - 1 pt - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

5 - 1 pt - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

11 - 1 pt - The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!

23 - 2 pts + 1 NR bonus pt - January 23rd is National Handwriting Day! Get creative and create a layout which features your personal handwriting prominently on the page. If you have a custom font featuring your handwriting, feel free to use it! You can also journal with your favorite paper and pen and scan or photograph it too! New Release: U and I by Shawna Clingerman - New 1/23 - LO Uploaded 1/26

27 - 2 pts - January 4th is Trivia Day - create a page that shares some trivia about you or one of your little ones.

31 - 5 points + 1 NR bonus pt - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

31b - 10 things I Love About Me - New Release - Close to the Edge by Shawna Clingerman - New 1/30 - LO Uploaded 1/31.

33 - 10 pts - Mini Badge Albums - This month we’re creating a mini album using plastic name badge holders, business card file or trading card keepers. Use one of the fabulous projects below as inspiration to create a mini album of your own that includes at least 6 two sided pages (12 mini pages total).

Click on image to see the rest of the pages of the album!

Bonus #2 - 1 pt + 1 NR bonus point - Raji frequently uses white as the background on her layouts. Your challenge is to do the same thing by using a white or very light background. (not white space) New Release: Sending All My Love by Misty Cato - New 1/23 - LO Uploaded 1/24

Bonus #3 - 1 pt + 1 NR bonus point - Cindy (aka cindys732003) is an awesome layout artist and template designer. Download this month's cookie and create a layout. New Release: Own It by Lauren Grier and Shawna Clingerman - New 1/16 - LO Uploaded 1/17

Total Points = 31 (26 primary pts & 5 NR bonus pts)

Last edited by isaacsmom; 01-31-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

here's my spot off to do some challenges!

#30 Recreate a LO...2 point challenge plus a NR 3 points
New release Pieces of Me by Traci Reed released 01/02...LO submitted 1/02/09

the LO I recreated:

#21 Hand the camera off...so Dh grsbbed the camera and took this shot of my 2 littlest..LOVE how this came out!.... 2 point challenge plus a NR 3 points
New release Lauren Reid Art House Bundled 01/02...LO submitted 01/02

#33 Perfect Purse Album....10 point challenge plus a NR 11 points
New release Pieces of Me by Traci Reed released 01/02...hybrid album submitted 1/03/09

#5 Hat Day...1 pt challenge plus 1 point NR 2 points
New release Lauren Reid Art House Bundled 01/02...LO submitted 01/04

5 points plus 1 pt for new release for portfolios 31a,31b, and 31d
31aBasic Stats, Introduce yourself....
New release Lauren Reid Art House Bundled 01/02...LO submitted 01/05

31b10 Things I love....
New release Lauren Reid Art House Bundled 01/02...LO submitted 01/05

31dIf a song were to play when you walked in the room
New Release Traci Reed Live Your Life 01/09....LO submitted 01/09

5 points for 2nd BOM lo's {total of 3}
31e if I had a million a dollars....

32b A recent vacation...

32c A Dream Vacation

19 use a winter themed kit for a non winter LO...1 pt

15scrap a LO with no shadows 1 pt

24 8 different fonts....2 pts

6 Twitter pad....1 pt

7 Before I die...1 pt

14 National Hobby Month ...1 pt

bonus #3 using Cindy's template....1 pt

total: 38points

Last edited by nun69; 01-29-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

1 - Lift a Layout by Jaclyn... 1pt + 1NRpt = 2pt

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! - 1pt

14 - January is National Hobby Month... - 1pt + 1NRpt = 2 pt

19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. -1pt

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout. -1pt

21 - Hand the camera off to your children... - 2pts

22 - Use Baby Love Letters and create a layout which includes a letter to your child... I chose Love Letter Question 101 I also used Krystal's Angels Among Us, a new release, 9/9 -3pts

31 - Book of Me 2010 - 5 pts

31A - Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats - 1NRpt

31B - 10 Things I Love About Me - 1NRpt

31D - If a Song Turned on whenI walked in the room, it would be... -1NRpt

33- Create a mini albumn using plastic badge holders... - 10 pt

(click image for details)

TOTAL POINTS: 30

THRILLED TO BE CREATING FOR:

ALSO CREATING FOR:
JENNIFER FOX THE ARTISAN NOTEBOOK THE SCRAP ORCHARD STUDIO NEENEE

Last edited by girlygirl; 01-31-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

#1 - TOTM lift of Jaclyn Bernardo [1 primary point, 1 bonus point for a new release = 2 points]

Uploaded to the gallery on 1/2/10. Using a new release this week, Darcy's Inspired by Jaclyn templates.

Blog Bonus Challenge #1, LO using bold titlework inspired by Christine Neuman, supertwinkle. [1 point, 1 bonus point for a new release = 2 points]

Uploaded to the gallery on 1/2/10. Using a new release this week, Buckaroo by Melissa Bennett.

#22 Baby Love Letters, inspired by Letter 49
[2 primary points + 1 bonus point for a new release = 3 points]

Uploaded to the gallery on 1/3/10. Using a new release this week, Sketchers 3: Lucky 7's by Julie Billinglsey

#30 Digiscrap Rewind 2 primary points
New Rescrapped layout

Before Layout:

#5 Hat Day 1 Primary Point + 1 Point for New Release= 2 points

Uploaded to the gallery 1/6/10 using a new release, Julie Billinglsey's Sketchers 4 - Lucky 7's

#31 Book of Me 5 primary points

31a

31b

31c

#21 Hand the Camera Off 2 Primary Points

#24 Use 8 fonts or alphabets 2 Primary Points

#8 Holiday Aftermath 1 Primary Point

Blog Bonus Challenge #2 1 Point

#27 Trivia 2 Primary Points + 1 Point for New Release = 3 Points

Uploaded 1/8/10, using Heart Whispers a new release this week

#14 Hobby 1 Primary Point

#29 Color Me Katie 2 Primary Points

Blog Bonus Challenge #3 1 Point

#10 Color Challenge 1 Primary Point

all images linked
Total Points as of 1/17/10 = 30 points

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

Last edited by gypsystar; 01-17-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Grabbing my spot!!!

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 01-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I claim this spot.

1 - TOTM - 1 point

1 point

15- No Shadows -1 point

1 point

22 - Baby Love Letters (used What about your child makes you smile?) - 2 points

2 point

21- Hand the Camera to Someone Else with New Release Live Your Life - 2 pointer

3 points (including bonus)

31 - Book of Me (5 points)

31b with new release bonus (Sturdy Solids by Shawna Clingerman)-

31d-

31e-

6 points (including new release bonus)

32 - Past, Present & Future Vacations - 5 points

32a (with a New Release - Traci's Bad Sewing Machine 17)-

32b-

32c (with a New Release - Traci's Bad Sewing Machine 17)-

7 points (including 2 bonuses)

33-mini badge album
I just did a super simple one cause I only had those big goofy badges left from the 3 albums I made last month. lol

10 points

Blog Bonus - Christine Newman using New Release Painterly Neutral by Eva Kipler

2 points (including bonus)

Total- 32 points

Last edited by lovely1m; 01-29-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lltheo

Grabbing a spot...can't wait to play! Images linked ♥

1. 1 point - Lifted TOTM Jac (mrs_jb).

14. 1 point (plus 1 for new product - Janet's template) January is National Hobby Month. Create a layout which celebrates your favorite hobby be it scrapbooking or something else.

Upclose:

2 - 1 point (plus 1 for new release - Krystal's Angels Among Us) January 13th is Make Your Dreams Come True Day. Scrap one of your biggest dreams.

33 - 10 points Mini Badge Albums

15 - 1 point (plus one point for turning it hybrid) Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows!

31b - Part of 5 points - 10 things I Love About Me

31a - Part of 5 points - Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats

31e - Part of 5 points (plus bonus point #5 MLewis journaling) - If I had a million dollars...

Point total to date = 26

Last edited by lltheo; 02-02-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Do I dare? Saving a spot for me right here.

Lift of TOTM J. Bernardo "Sweet Moments"

1 point

my blog

Last edited by Nathalie; 01-04-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

#1: TOTM

#3 Year In Review: Pop Culture

#5: Hat Day

#9: January Looks Like

#14: National Hobby Month

#20: Eyeball Benders

#30: Digiscrap Rewind

And here is the awful original:

#31: Book of Me (a, c, and e)

#32: Past, Present, Future: Travel

#33: Mini Badge Album

Bonus challenge #1:

Bonus challenge #2:

Bonus challenge #3:

Total points: 31

Last edited by pewtertm; 01-25-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Parkin' my ample butt here.

1. 2pts (NR-Inspired by Jaclyn 1/1/10)

3. 2pts (NR-Fast Break 1/2/10)

5. Hat Day 1pt

6. Twitterpated (NR-Own It 1/16/10) 2pt

11. 1pt

31. 7pts (2 NR pts)
(E-If you had a million dollars}

(A) (NR-She's Country 1/16/10)

(D) (NR-Just Breathe 1/16/10)

Total Points: 15

Last edited by Leila; 01-25-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

-stamps claim-

1. Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. (1 pt)

TOTAL POINTS: 1

Last edited by ashleyprugh; 01-01-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'll take this spot right here!!!

#18 Used the ipod/iTunes silhouettes as a source or inspiration for a layout 1 point.

Bonus #1 from Blog 1 point

#1 Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernado. NR point Darcy Baldwin's templates. 2 points Date: Jan 4, 2010

#28 How we rang in the New Year (traditions). 2 points

Bonus #2 - Scrap on a white background. 1 point

#10 Color Challenge 1 point

#9 What January Looks Like 1 point

#5 Hat Day 1 point

Bonus #3 Cindy Schneider's Blog Template 1 point

#22 Letters to your child (letter #85) 2 points

#21 Hand the camera to someone else + NR 3 points

Bonus #5 + NR 2 points

Total 18 points

Last edited by Kjersti; 01-30-2010 at 03:24 PM.