Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 01/03

December flew by, with all the activities and family gatherings during the holiday season. Tell me about yours.
  1. Fave December food?
  2. Fave December memory?
  3. Fave December gift given or received?
  4. Fave surprise?
  5. Fave snack/dessert/appie?
Old 01-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fave December food?
I loved my turkey and gravy this Xmas. We ate it for 5 days and the rest of the turkey went into the instant pot to make turkey stock for the freezer.

Fave December memory?
Xmas Eve at Bailey's carehome. We watched a movie, snuggled, ate snacks. Everyone was so relaxed and happy.

Fave December gift given or received?
I love the tall frames I rec'd from my daughter. I can't wait to decide which wildlife photos to display in them. They will be placed on both sides of the fireplace. I need to start sorting thru photos. It'll be fun to periodically swap them out. I'll need to send photos off to be printed this week.

Fave surprise?
My daughter got me a gift card for Pier One so I'll be popping in there soon to see what new spring stuff comes out. I buy a lot of mugs and dishware there so am going to enjoy shopping soon.

Fave snack/dessert/appie?
My low carb chocolate chip cookies were my fave. I am ashamed to say I ate about 1.5 dozen over the holidays (on top of all the other treats LOL).
Old 01-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fave December food? Hmm.... we made lasagna for Christmas. It was good and provided a lot of leftovers. I'm not a big food person...

Fave December memory? The music concert for middle and high school. They combine choir, band and orchestra and have 2 hours of incredible holiday music. I have a middle school child in choir and a high school child in band so I get to hear them both at once and I love that. Second would be playing with the puppies that were born in November.

Fave December gift given or received? My husband loves the new iPad I got for him. That was probably the favorite to give.

Fave surprise? No surprises in December.

Fave snack/dessert/appie? chocolate drizzled popcorn as a snack and honey crisp apples.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fave December food?
I love all the goodies & treats- but my favorite is the ginger molasses cookies dipped in white chocolate. SO good!

Fave December memory?
Hmm. Probably the Teddy Bear toss at our local WHL hockey game. It was really cool to be a part of!

My son's gaming headphones, since he didn't think there was a chance of him getting them!

Fave surprise?
Surprising our billet (whl hockey player) with a Christmas stocking full of gift cards.

Super addicted to Dots pretzels...
Old 01-03-2020, 10:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fave December food? I love all of it but my fave is my cheese board, always!

Fave December memory? when we celebrated Christmas week at my sister's house! So fun!

Fave December gift given or received? I bought my daughter some Zim shirts and my husband an earphone for when he run outside. I love the table top water fountain my sister gave me, it was beautiful!

Fave surprise? the twin shirts I gave my husband and my daughter, they loved it so much they wore it twice in a week!

Fave snack/dessert/appie? I love sugar free gelatin.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fave December food?
My mom made a mint cheesecake with an Oreo crust and a chocolate ganache that was to die for.

Fave December memory?
I don't have one.

My daughter has always been hard to buy for because she doesn't care about "things." Now that she's 10, it's even harder as she's too old for toys and too young/irresponsible for big electronic purchases. She also doesn't care about fashion and other "gurly" things and doesn't have many hobbies. Her Santa gift this year was a "The Greatest Showman"-themed necklace that I got on a lark from Amazon. She absolutely LOVED it and has worn it (despite not particularly liking jewelry) every day since Christmas.

Fave surprise?
See above.

all the cookies my mom makes for her Christmas morning cookie buffet