Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Long Term Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2023, 12:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default PL-ing in 2024?

Who is continuing (or starting) Project Life in 2024?
Are you making any changes to the way you've done it in the past?
I'd love to see an example of your favorite style/layout and hear what you like about the way you do this project!
Old 12-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I *just* finished up my 2022 PL a couple of weeks ago. Oops
I have about 6 weeks done for 2023 and really want to focus on keeping up with journaling for 2024 until I can work on those pages. I did an okay job making journaling notes for about half of 2023, and that makes the project much easier. (That's advice from Krista!!)

My first couple of years, I always used this layout (Traci Reed template):

Then my aunt made a comment that she wished there were captions near the photos so she didn't have to read all the writing to get a little info about each picture, so I switched to this (Cindy Schneider template):

But I missed being able to write in larger chunks instead of on small journaling blocks, so I tried this one last year (another Cindy Schneider):

I'm going back to the simpler style with the big journaling blocks for 2023 (using EZ Weekly Templates) and my aunt will just have to either read or wonder what's going on in the pictures, hahaha. I liked the look of the other pages, but all the choices (papers, greater variation in photo size, journal placement, etc.) really slowed me down. And I want to be able to go faster so I don't feel so far behind in 2024!!

I'm hoping to work on a month at a time for 2023, and then when that's wrapped up, carry on into 2024.

Last edited by knittingbec; 12-29-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 01:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure yet if I start project life again. after several years I got sick/bored with scrapping PL. Bt I'm in doubt to start again after 6 years life has changed a lot also for the kids, so maybe it would be fun to start again

But... I do have several design projects for those who will scrap pocket/PL
I will have weekly and month templates every first weekend of each month, and I will have monthly kit projects

I'm pretty excited about this project and can;t wait to share it all with you next week
Old 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The designer I CT for does monthly kits so I use those and make a recap kind of page from the previous year for my CT LO. I have been doing this since 2016.

I'm excited to see your new kits, Wendy!
Old 12-28-2023, 01:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post

But... I do have several design projects for those who will scrap pocket/PL
I will have weekly and month templates every first weekend of each month, and I will have monthly kit projects

I'm pretty excited about this project and can;t wait to share it all with you next week
This is great to hear! Can't wait to see!
Old 12-28-2023, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One thing that helped me was to write down what I needed before bed every night on my phone on a note. Then when I was ready I emailed it to myself and copy n pasted when I did the layouts.

I also quit quite a few years back but now that I have a grandson I have been thinking of maybe doing it again next year.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love my PL pages! I have been using EZ's weekly templates in 2023, and I've loved them! I do them every weekend, or sometimes every other weekend. Sometimes, that just looks like picking that week's template, getting my journaling done, and choosing photos. I can wait weeks or even months to get them kitted out, and I usually wait for new releases that "match." I find that doing the journaling at least every other week is the best for me, otherwise I forget details and have to guess, haha!

I've also used these templates from Cindy in the past, and they're really fun too!

Every year, I tell myself big stories about how I'm going to simplify my PL pages and be more "magazine" style and stop using All the Things, but we all know how that goes.

Looking forward to seeing what your new stuff looks like, Wendy!

Old 12-28-2023, 07:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love all these layouts!
I need to finish up 2023. This weekend I plan to dive in to see what I have left and maybe knock out a couple of weeks.

I keep my PL pretty basic because I can flex my creativity in my other layouts.
I haven't really thought about it but probably will keep it the same.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I do them every weekend, or sometimes every other weekend. Sometimes, that just looks like picking that week's template, getting my journaling done, and choosing photos. I can wait weeks or even months to get them kitted out, and I usually wait for new releases that "match."
I kept up in this manner for much of 2022. But I felt so on-top-of-it that I left soooooo many weeks with just photos and journaling and when I had to go back and kit up all those pages at once, it got a little...tedious LOL.

But you're definitely right, even though I got bogged down making all the kit decisions, it sure was nice having the journaling in! I find I love my pages so much more when I can include more 'stories' than 'captions'.
Old 12-29-2023, 03:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Never really done a PL project (except for the first month in 2014), but discovered Polarsteps this year. I decided to make a yearbook in that app in 2024. That way I can just post whenever I want or whenever something happens. And who knows, it might turn into a real book. At least I don't have to do a page or 2 every week or month, but can post on the go.
Old 12-29-2023, 05:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romajo View Post
Never really done a PL project (except for the first month in 2014), but discovered Polarsteps this year. I decided to make a yearbook in that app in 2024. That way I can just post whenever I want or whenever something happens. And who knows, it might turn into a real book. At least I don't have to do a page or 2 every week or month, but can post on the go.
My dad is going to use polarsteps too this upcoming march. He is going to walk the Santiago route from the north of the Netherlands all the way till the north part of Spain. He will be gone 3-3,5 month to do this journey all by himself
Old 12-31-2023, 04:24 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I would love to try to finish all of my Project Life! Most of the time I got distracted and end up making zero page's LOL
Old 12-31-2023, 11:32 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Like every year since 8 years, I will make my project life.
I have to admit that during the Covid period it was hard. And I tried to make my PL with the app Project Life on my phone. And really, it changed my life. It's so easy and simple to use it.
But as I write to many personal details, my PL is not in my galleries.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:17 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just finished my second week. I decided to not force myself to do a whole spread for every week if I don't have the number of photo to fill a spread. Like for now week 1 & 2 both only have one side. But when I have weeks with more photos I still can include spread. I remember that was one of the reasons I stopped doing PL after 2016.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Perfect PL layout, Wendy!!
Old 01-14-2024, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love that you're giving yourself that flexibility, Wendy! I am also using your templates this year--but my problem is the opposite: I have too many photos and have to make tough choices, haha.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I love that you're giving yourself that flexibility, Wendy! I am also using your templates this year--but my problem is the opposite: I have too many photos and have to make tough choices, haha.
Well you can add to the opposite of these templates my other regular page protector layouts. So you aren;t restricted to just one. so you can include as many photo as you like. Plus you can add more photo's to a bigger pocket square like I did
Old 01-14-2024, 12:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Well you can add to the opposite of these templates my other regular page protector layouts. So you aren;t restricted to just one. so you can include as many photo as you like. Plus you can add more photo's to a bigger pocket square like I did
Yep! I plan on doing this--I love the flexibility of these templates.