Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Sick of sick kids

So I'm wondering if any of you guys are dealing with sick kiddos like me? I'm totally drained and tired of the sickies. Almost everyone I know around here has had at least one sick kidlet or some have even had an entire sick family. I swear its an epidemic in our area. Starts with coughing, then fever and yucky noses, and lingers for ages!!!! We are going on a week now and I'm feeling a little cooped up.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Everyone is sick at work. It's really going around right now. I got sick last week with my son the day we left Disney. They gave him an antibiotic and a steriod and within a day he was fine. Me on the other hand I only got an antibiotic and was dieing. (this because I am almost 33 weeks preggers)

I still have the chest cough.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've known an awful lot of people who have been sick this year - kids and adults included. Part of it is the bizarro weather everyone's having, but there are also some odd strains of "stuff" going around. Hope everyone's well SOON!

My Blog: Quantum Leaps
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, going nuts here, too. Especially when the kids being sick means we can't see my dad who's undergoing chemo.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes we have around here too. The whole family on and off and I have missed a lot of work. It's good thing I'm self-employed but my clients are starting to get antsy with me. I hate this so much!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Yeah we have been dealing with sickness for over 3 weeks. Although my daughter is better she was the one that infected us all. I have bronchitis (the diagnosis was a viral infection) and am soooo tired of feeling bad.

Hope y'all get better soon too!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Ahh, misery loves company! But seriously sorry that all of you are going through this too! I hope for all of us that its over soon. Ready for spring and a little more sunshine
Old 02-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no don't tell me it lasts forever!!! DS has been sick since last Saturday, I got it Monday and we are supposed to go out of town for his big birthday weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend!!! I was really hoping we'd be over it right now. I'm thinking it is the flu, although they don't test for that on base here.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Everyone around us has been sick with colds or a flu of some kind or another, but DD and I have been strong and healthy - knock on wood! But then again, we get about one cold apiece each year, maybe 2 colds, so it's not unusual for us, though I wonder every winter when our "health luck" is going to expire!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzi View Post
So I'm wondering if any of you guys are dealing with sick kiddos like me? I'm totally drained and tired of the sickies. Almost everyone I know around here has had at least one sick kidlet or some have even had an entire sick family. I swear its an epidemic in our area. Starts with coughing, then fever and yucky noses, and lingers for ages!!!! We are going on a week now and I'm feeling a little cooped up.
yes, yes and yes. It hit us hard.. flu, ear infections, i ended up with an infection in my blood... strep throat..we've had all of it. SO TIRED.