Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Another kit organisation question

I have my kits organised on theme....but there are a lot of kits of which I just can't figure out for myself where to put them. I have so many categories now...I want this differently. Organising on designer again maybe? And just have a few categories which I will use more often, like boy kits, birthday kits and travel/summer kits?

How do you coop with kits you can't really put in a categorie?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't help you, Leontine, because I tag (that way I can sort them according to different criteria at the same time), but couldn't this tut by Traci be of any help?

Here it be: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...o-little-time/

Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also tag with ACDSee, but also have my kits in folders by designer. I tag all of my previews and the nice thing with tagging is that I can tag them with several categories. I do have several general type categories. I have a tag for "themed" which is kind of a catch all for very specific kits that I don't want to create a special tag for. For example in the "themed" category I have a lego kit, circus kit, fishing kit, etc. I also have an "everyday" category for everyday type kits. Not sure if that helps you or not. You may want to consider an organizing program. It definitely helps me and my need to organize things so that I can find them.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Rather than organizing all of my actual kits, I've got my previews sorted and then the kits are still in their designer folder under a specific shop. I know there is a rather extensive list somewhere here, which I need to dig up for myself. I've got a LOT of those general kits that I'm still trying to figure out how to label (maybe by overall color??).

Rather than investing in a tagging program, I've relabelled all of the previews as folder. Then I did a search for "folder.jpg" and "folder.png. Now I've got the task of cleaning these out because everything came over!!!! There are some designers that choose to attach a preview in each folder (papers, elements, alphas), so now I have to clean out all of the duplicates. It's definitely been a project in the making, but at least I'm finding kits that I totally forgot about, a sign I have way to many unused.

Edited to add: Found that thread with Traci's list.

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-22-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm a tagger too! So that way I can just search by lots of different things and find them that way. If I were to actually put them into categories I would never use them because I'd forget what category I actually dropped them into, lol.

I also tag all my previews as "previews" ... so when I don't have any clue what kit I want to scrap with I just pull up all previews and scroll through to see what catches my eye at the moment.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I keep meaning to get more organized but haven't wanted to spend the time (I fear it could be hours or even days). For now I have a folder with all the kit previews in it and I scroll through them. The kits themselves are sorted by designer.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I use Traci's categories myself but there are so many I sometimes forget in which one I put a certain kit. Tagging is not something I have time for with a little baby. I just want to scrap and find my kits quick and easy.