Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Walking Dead 11/11 *SPOILERS*

Intense.

I am just amazed at what is going on week after week. Season 3 is my FAV so far.

So many WTF moments. My brain was thinking one way and then my eyes were seeing something TOTALLY different.

We got to see Penny. Michone was in action. Andrea is a sheep (I so thought she'd be tougher than all this!). GLADIATOR wrestling. The SICKEST zombie I have ever seen this season and the PHONE! WHO is on the phone?!?!

Rick going NUTS - I thought he was going to hurt Glen.

And Daryl. Holding that baby. Awwww.

And my heart aches when Carl was thinking of names for the baby. I don't know what to make of that. It's a glimpse into his life - all he could name were dead women. It's so sad.

And I really wanted to see a Zombie baby when they were at the daycare.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I agree. I felt like this episode was the most intense ever, you are right... it bothered me more than I've ever been. It wasn't more gory, exactly, but just very suspenseful. I had to keep getting up from the couch to walk around and "shake it off".

Penny... ugh. I was so disturbed by the scene with Penny. I kept thinking she would bite him. Even with the bag over her head. Hugging her??? I just don't get it. I'm not sure I understand the lines in his notebook under Penny's name. Are they saying he lost it? Like Rick is? Michone is growing on me... I like her character better the more it develops. Andrea just makes me sick. I'm glad she started to see the truth behind the place during the fight (which in case you don't remember, they pulled the zombies teeth beforehand).

The scene in the machine room where Lori died. UGH. The zombie with her in it's belly... looking pregnant... and Rick just stabbing the belly. WOAH!!!!

I thought it was interesting to see Daryl in the mommy role. Out of all of them, he fed the baby. I like the name he chose for her. LOL!

I can't help but wonder what they're going to do for formula. It took them so long and such effort for what looked like one container. Babies drink soooo much formula. It's just inconceivable that they'll be able to scrounge up enough.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So, are we suppose to think that that zombie was so "full" because it ummmm....ate Lori? And where the hell is Carol? We never saw them find a body...but they dug a grave for her and then filled it in.

And ya, Daryl feeding that baby...kinda made me have a bigger crush on him. LOL

Last edited by Jenn Barrette; 11-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I ♥ Daryl.

They actually dug three graves and had no bodies b/c the zombies ate both T-Dog and Lori. I feel like Carol will show up next episode (one way or another lol)

Yeah that scene where the zombie had eaten Lori was just so disturbing.

The Penny thing is also..but I try to think of what I'd feel like if that happened to one of my children..and I'd probably go all whack-a-doo too. kwim?

I'm just really bothered by the fact that they hadn't stocked up on formula...they had months to find some.

Here's my question...we've seen zombie kids but what happened to all the babies that died..are there zombie babies out there? Really disturbing thought.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay so I totally through that zombie with the pregnant looking belly was Lori as a zombie. So did a zombie eat her? Man that's creepy. I agree Daryl holding the baby was adorable. My husband really wanted to see a zombie baby as well.

I think the scene with Penny was creepy. What has he been feeding her? Who has he been feeding her? Ick.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMelissa View Post
Okay so I totally through that zombie with the pregnant looking belly was Lori as a zombie. So did a zombie eat her? Man that's creepy. I agree Daryl holding the baby was adorable. My husband really wanted to see a zombie baby as well.

I think the scene with Penny was creepy. What has he been feeding her? Who has he been feeding her? Ick.
According to discussions on the walking dead forums, several probably ate her but that one had the largest portion which "crippled" it. It was confirmed on the Talking Dead that Lori was eaten... her hair is supposedly stuck to the walker's face. gaaaaag.... I didn't see it's face because I think I pulled a blanket over my head when he put the gun in it's mouth. (((I'm a total chicken)))

Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
According to discussions on the walking dead forums, several probably ate her but that one had the largest portion which "crippled" it. It was confirmed on the Talking Dead that Lori was eaten... her hair is supposedly stuck to the walker's face. gaaaaag.... I didn't see it's face because I think I pulled a blanket over my head when he put the gun in it's mouth. (((I'm a total chicken)))
You are right. Lorie's hair is all stuck in it's face and mouth. It's nasty.

And the stabbing of the belly by Rick - THAT was disturbing. I thought he was going to cut her out to bury, but it was more like a pissed off mad stabbing motion.

Well - whoever discovered Michone slicking up the captives at Woodbury had a bucket of gore. I assumed to feed the zombies that were caged. So I assume they are feeding Penny bits of animal or probably human discovering what I know about the Governor.

Those lines after Penny - I don't know. Crazy? Meaningful?

And what's the "scientists'" name? How long has he been with the Gov.? HOW did he survive so long? I can't wait to learn his back story.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I totally didn't get that the fat-bellied Zombie had eaten Lori. I thought maybe Carl hadn't actually shot her (bullet on the floor) and she was walking around as a zombie, not yet discovered. But the scene makes a lot more sense with the idea that she was eaten - although don't they usually leave a big mess and bunches of leftover bones and bits when they do that? ewwwww.

Little kick ass baby is going to add a whole new reason for them to move on - no formula, clothes or diapers in a prison.

The phone was just plain creepy.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post

I'm just really bothered by the fact that they hadn't stocked up on formula...they had months to find some.
Maybe they assumed Lori would nurse. I know that one of the characters (I'm new and don't have all the names down) said Lori had asked her to keep an eye out, but the shelves of baby stuff had been stripped clean - they specially referenced at the Piggly Wiggly.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Its so intense! I just want to know where Carol is and when she is going to show back up. I don't think she's dead since they didn't show her dying. The stuffed full zombie was so gross. And the zombie kill with the head almost split open was awesome. Penny is really interesting. I didn't get the lines either. And I almost yelled out loud who's on the phone?!?! When it ended. Andrea, that woman is so sad. Now she's gonna hook up with the Governer. Jeez.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdreams View Post
Maybe they assumed Lori would nurse. I know that one of the characters (I'm new and don't have all the names down) said Lori had asked her to keep an eye out, but the shelves of baby stuff had been stripped clean - they specially referenced at the Piggly Wiggly.
That was Maggie.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I get that they were just trying to survive over the last 8 months on the road, but ya they should have stockpiled some diapers and formula.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah but even if they had planned on her nursing, they had to at this point been very realistic and know that she very possibly could die in labor..especially since she'd had a section with Carl. They didn't bother with diapers or anything else either.

But I did like that it meant Daryl taking charge and going on baby duty

Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

But I thought Maggie had said Laurie had her keeping an eye out for stuff, but they did not have much luck. I can see that too. I would think baby formula would have gone fast when it all went to heck.

Andrea, ugh I can't stand Andrea. I am hoping the Governor feeds her to Penny. I get why he has Penny. If that was my child, I don't know that I could let go either. Does she have teeth still? Maybe that is why she can't bite him.

The whole stuffed zombie thing was disgusting. I did not realize that zombies ate dead people. I thought they needed fresh meat.

Darryl is so dang cute. I do love me a bad boy with a soft side. When he left the flower for Carol it was just an Ahhhh moment. So sweet.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last night I told my son (who is 18): If the zombie apocalypse happened and you turned into a zombie, I'd keep you around in a straight jacket.

My ovaries screamed with Darryl held that baby. I want a Darryl.

They have got to stockpile some formula. Find a distributor or something somewhere.

I was so hoping they'd turn a corner in that day care and see a room full of little zombie babies in cribs. I'm sure they don't do this because it would freak people out (not to mention having to CGI/sculpt it all because you can't turn a real baby into a zombie). I still want to see it. Seriously... there are no zombies under the age of 12 or so?

Are all the animals dead? Killed by zombies? My husband suggested they get a goat. I know you can't give an infant goat's milk, but they certainly could give it to a toddler. And the goat could keep the prison yard from getting overgrown.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I am thinking at this point and I am sure I am going to get raked over the coals for this but in situations like this I would think Any type of Milk would be better than nothing. Stores with Powdered Milk anything. I mean I know Breast milk is best and then if not that Formula but geez the times for luxuries are gone.

Off my soap box....Darryl is awesome and has always been my favorite. Andrea is annoying and stupid now. We lost Annoying Lori and now we have to have another annoying character. Michonne is going to be one of my favorite women characters as she is just a bad a$$ and those types of characters have always been my favorite! Like Alice in Resident Evil!!!

Yeah seeing them dig graves and have no bodies to put in them was WEIRD! Why dig and waste energy if you don't have a body just put the crosses up as grave markers and not worry about it.

Rick what can I say....WOW he's hurting.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
I am thinking at this point and I am sure I am going to get raked over the coals for this but in situations like this I would think Any type of Milk would be better than nothing. Stores with Powdered Milk anything. I mean I know Breast milk is best and then if not that Formula but geez the times for luxuries are gone.
Oh I totally agree..I mean..you have to keep the baby alive in a world like that no matter what it takes...and people did raise babies before there was formula on other things besides breast milk. My MIL used evaporated milk in my DH's bottles lol!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Oh I totally agree..I mean..you have to keep the baby alive in a world like that no matter what it takes...and people did raise babies before there was formula on other things besides breast milk. My MIL used evaporated milk in my DH's bottles lol!
Yeah totally Evaporated Milk would be good too! I am sure they could find things like that. Seems like if there is no formula you have to just go with something.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There's actually a lot of things I think they could use instead of formula -- PediaSure, the nutrition drinks for seniors, powdered milk, evaporated milk, etc. The diapers/wipes might be a concern without running water.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Stinky baby poo all over, guess it's not any worse than blood and brains all over.