Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friendship Day

Today is Friendship Day!!

Who is one friend that you are thankful to be part of your life?
It can be your best friend, your spouse, your parent, sibling....someone who you are thankful to call "friend". Take a moment to share something about them, but don't forget to contact them today and tell them how thankful you are to be part of their life!

Old 08-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My BEST friend is Dawn (AussieGirl). She and I met when we were both pregnant with our first children in 2001. Dawn has always been a part of my adult-life. She was there when my husband enlisted, deployed, promoted. She was there with all of our many moves, military and not. She was always there offering praying and spiritual support. Our friendship has had it's emotional up's and down's and our friendship only grows stronger and closer. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for bringing her, and her entire family in to my family's life! She's an amazing person and I'm so thankful that I can call her "friend". I love you Dawn and I'm so thankful that you enjoy a hobby, that allows our family's to be part of one another even though we are always distanced by miles!

Old 08-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love that your best friend and you have SSD in common. It's so special. None of my friends scrapbook.

I didn't think about friendship day yesterday but I will see my besties tonight for my bday dinner. I'm so thankful for them but I know our time together won't last. One of them will move back to Canada next year, another one is moving an hour away and it will make playdates so much more rare. And I will be moving to the East Coast sometime soon too... (we are in WA)

It makes me sad to have to start over at finding my besties... it's hard as a grown woman to make friends...
Old 08-08-2018, 07:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's such a special friendship you share Wendy and Dawn.

I met my BFF at work in 2008.
We weren't friends at first. But we had to plan a surprise party for a co-worker who was retiring in 2012. That's when and how we became friends.
We've been through so much together. We've seen eachother at our best and worst times in our lives. I was there for her when she had a burn and bore out. She was there for me when my life was turned upside down last year. She is my go-to person when I need someone to talk to. She will tell me her feelings and thoughts eventhough it's not always what I want to hear. I am her go-to person when she needs to vent or when she needs advice.
I feel so lucky and blessed to have her in my life.

Us during the party we organised in 2012.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Around the time my daughter was born in 2009, I (re)started my search for my biological father's side of the family. I knew he had passed away so I was looking for his mother (specifically) but also anyone else related to him or me in some way. I happened to stumble upon my grandmother's online obituary. Unfortunately, she had passed away the same week my daughter was born... but what I also discovered in the obituary was my name (!) as well as the names of three other people listed as her other grandchildren (!!).

After some Facebook sleuthing, I found two of those cousins (who are half-sisters) and struck up a conversation with them. They both came to visit several months later.

THERE IS A POINT TO THIS, I PROMISE.

One of those cousins, Iffy, has turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. She was also not raised with any contact with that side of the family so she didn't know about me anymore than I knew about her. Despite the fact that we only have one grandparent in common, we are shockingly alike -- personalities, likes & dislikes, even our looks. Her friendship, as well as all the normal things, has provided me with a tremendous amount of closure (and vice versa) that something good could come out of such a "bad" dysfunctional family (that neither of us has any contact with anymore -- including her sister).

We have been besties now for 7 (8?) years. At one time, I got her into digital scrapbooking but she has taken a semi-permanent break from it the last couple years.

The worst part is that she lives 1100 miles away so we don't get to see each other much. It's been almost 3 years since the last time we were in the same room. I am determined to change that in 2019!

Last edited by LeeAndra; 08-08-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Around the time my daughter was born in 2009, I (re)started my search for my biological father's side of the family. I knew he had passed away so I was looking for his mother (specifically) but also anyone else related to him or me in some way. I happened to stumble upon my grandmother's online obituary. Unfortunately, she had passed away the same week my daughter was born... but what I also discovered in the obituary was my name (!) as well as the names of three other people listed as her other grandchildren (!!).

After some Facebook sleuthing, I found two of those cousins (who are half-sisters) and struck up a conversation with them. They both came to visit several months later.

THERE IS A POINT TO THIS, I PROMISE.

One of those cousins, Iffy, has turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. She was also not raised with any contact with that side of the family so she didn't know about me anymore than I knew about her. Despite the fact that we only have one grandparent in common, we are shockingly alike -- personalities, likes & dislikes, even our looks. Her friendship, as well as all the normal things, has provided me with a tremendous amount of closure (and vice versa) that something good could come out of such a "bad" dysfunctional family (that neither of us has any contact with anymore -- including her sister).

We have been besties now for 7 (8?) years. At one time, I got her into digital scrapbooking but she has taken a semi-permanent break from it the last couple years.

The worst part is that she lives 1100 miles away so we don't get to see each other much. It's been almost 3 years since the last time we were in the same room. I am determined to change that in 2019!

I love to read all your stories ladies!

But LeeAndra I think I know Iffy from the digital world. Her name sounded familiar and you don't hear that name very often. Didn't she use to create templates? Maybe for Peppermint Creative?
I'm so glad you were able to connect with some family members.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
I love to read all your stories ladies!

But LeeAndra I think I know Iffy from the digital world. Her name sounded familiar and you don't hear that name very often. Didn't she use to create templates? Maybe for Peppermint Creative?
I'm so glad you were able to connect with some family members.
Iffy is actually her nickname. She has a very common first name.

Yes, she did sell templates there. Good memory!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Iffy is actually her nickname. She has a very common first name.

Yes, she did sell templates there. Good memory!
haha good to know that it's not her name. Although I know someone who's named Effie. So it wasn't too far off.