Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm
Default Inquiring minds want to know...

Inquiring minds want to know - what is something that keeps you from scrapping pocket-style?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well i love pocket scrapping !
But before i felt in love with it , the boxing and keeping it clean and simpel whas what i not liked about pocket scrapping . so i started to mix pocket scrapping with clusters big titles etc the boundries felt away and i felt in love with it . And i love to see how more and more people add clusters big titles and things like that to pocket letters . but what i still miss sometimes are by a lot of kits good journaling cards not only the one with words and qoutes on it but also just simple blanco ones with just a little border or something like that where i can write a lot of journaling on
Old 10-10-2015, 06:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For whatever reason, I'm just not into it. I admire other people's pocket style pages, but I just don't have a desire to make them myself.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

It's funny because paper scrapping, I can't stand doing pocket pages. One of those little 3x4 spots could take me days to do but with digital and the templates, I love it! I feel like it gives me a dedicated place to put papers and pictures!
Old 10-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
For whatever reason, I'm just not into it. I admire other people's pocket style pages, but I just don't have a desire to make them myself.
Pretty much the same for me. Plus the fact that with just me and a 15-yo it is hard to make "in day of, in the week of, in the life of" pages - we're pretty routine and boring and it would drive me nuts to have to take photos of things just to create a page. And I like the creative outlet of just letting go on a page with clusters and all the other things I might want to use and not being "boxed in" - which is funny because all other areas of my life are very organized and a tad on the OCD side
Old 10-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Pocket scrapping does not mean a week by week recap such as project life. I pocket scrap events all the time

Old 10-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am with Sheri at the moment... but I do admire those who do them, especially Kendall! Love all the pocket cards I've seen too, but, somehow, I still prefer the traditional stuffs.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Ooh good question.

I really like pocket scrapping but buying a digital kit makes me want to use it ALL.. all the stuffs.... I feel like traditional style affords me to get as messy as I can.. I do love using pocket scrapping for my son..he is not interested in whether it looks pretty.. he just wants to read the story lol

I guess what makes me not pocket scrap as much is the Journaling bit.. I'm very particular itabout it because I want to make sure I get every detail of the day, but most fonts don't always allow that well.. and it's hard to find one that is universal and works well with most digiscrap kit themes..

Other than that, the boxiness is a little intimidating.. it's hard to keep it inside the boxes because I like to keep it as real as possible in case I do ever end up printing them.. I would like to be able to have everything cut out to fit into real pockets.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just can't . . .
scrap a blocked layout, it's not my style
be minimalistic by not clustering, etc.
focus on creating a pocket page as my mind wanders since I'm not programed that way

The realization . . .
I am one who scraps my papers first, then my elements and THEN figures out what photos I'm going to use said layout for before working on a title. So when I'm doing a pocket page, I have to know which photos I'm using and that right there, usually throws me off because I'm more focused on the photos than I am the rest of the layout that I think I've only completed three layouts when I knew what photos I was going to scrap first. And that's three layouts in over 10 years of digi-scrapping!

I like the concept. But for me, it's not how my brain thinks and for something that seems easier, it's that much harder for me to do.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think for me I'm organized in life so the "box" feel to pocket doesn't appeal to my artistic free spirit side. That's where I get to be free I guess. I have used them in albums I make for the grands since I usually can get in more photos for the story, bit for the most part I am more drawn to traditional. I'm the same with art journal, it's like TOO messy to me so I can't go that way either. Lol

Old 10-11-2015, 01:24 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

great question and thread..... I feel not really comfortable with Pocket Style..... I get as CT sometimes templates and learnt to try them but first ... they took me so long and second I don't often have much good photos of a event and in a week and such is nothing for me... (not organized enough and not so much things happen in the live of me and Tobias).... And I feel much more unsure with the layouts I did in Pocketstyle ;-)
Old 10-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my weekly pocket pages, but like others I do love to use the whole kit and I always add big clusters and embellish all over the place. So I guess you could call mine a pocket/traditional hybrid of sorts. A funny thing though is that before when I would make an occational pocket page I did it often, but now that my weekly pages are pocket style, I prefer to scrap my other freestanding pages in a more traditional way. And templates are my newest addiction, love how easy it is.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

First, I adore other people's pocket pages but have the feeling mine are not as good.
Second, I can't seem to find many templates and when it comes to pocket scrapping I'm really helpless. I usually do original stuff but for pocket scrapping I need templates!
I feel the pocket style fits boys pages better and probably adults because it doesn't allow so much clustering and embellishing and that's my soft spot
--
Mama to Albert
Old 10-11-2015, 02:23 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I love the pocket pages I have a few templates I just need to do one. I've never tried it, but I love the clean lines. That's my goal now, my next page I'm going to try it!
Old 10-11-2015, 03:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
First, I adore other people's pocket pages but have the feeling mine are not as good.
Second, I can't seem to find many templates and when it comes to pocket scrapping I'm really helpless. I usually do original stuff but for pocket scrapping I need templates!
I feel the pocket style fits boys pages better and probably adults because it doesn't allow so much clustering and embellishing and that's my soft spot
If you really want to you can embellish the heck out of a pocket page Just take a look at Melanie's gallery or mine.

Last edited by ChristineF; 10-11-2015 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For the girls that say i can not use all things in a kit on a pocket letter page here is a good example that you can ... i think i used almost everything out of this kit from KCB on this pocket letter page , and like traci i don't scrap weekly pocket pages but events in my gallery you see many more pocket pages in this style

I make my own templates and if you girls wanne try out a pocket page with lots of elements i would love to post one of my templates here so you girls can try it out

With pocket scrapping it is all about thinking outside the boxes lol oooh and what i also love to do is making a traditionale page with a big photo and then on the other site in my album a pocket page with the journaling and lots of photos !

Last edited by jumbbumble; 10-11-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I have finished one Project Life album and another still in the works. I have done a pocket-style page to document conversations with my daughter. I love seeing them, but getting them done takes time for me. I scrap slow enough as it is, so the pocket pages go even slower. I like to be able to start with a blank page and let it flow from there without having to keep everything in a grid.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Melanie, your pages are amazing!!! I reallllly love the titled photos on the first page. I'd love to try out your template and try to lift your style!
--
Mama to Albert
Old 10-11-2015, 06:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

One of my scrapping goals this year was to learn how to make pocket pages.
I learned a lot, but I'm not quite their yet.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I've tried, cause I love other people's pocket style pages. But it just doesn't suit me, I don't know why exactly. Guess it's just a matter of style, like me never wearing a dress although I love them on other people
Old 10-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love to pocket scrap my worry is I love it so much I might be known for only a good pocket scrapper :/
I do not always journal on mine, actually I rarely do as I find it personal and add it in later to print.
I also combine my love of clustering on most of mine. I don't believe pocket limits you to a boring square looking layout. Here are a few examples of mine clustered and journal free.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
Melanie, your pages are amazing!!! I reallllly love the titled photos on the first page. I'd love to try out your template and try to lift your style!
I agree. I'd try it out. Yours and Ellas pages are gorgeously done!!!

Old 10-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, Ella, those pages are breathtaking!
--
Mama to Albert
Old 10-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I admire the layouts and sometimes make one this way, but a lot of times I have trouble wrapping my head around it. I think other people's pocket pages look better than mine.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

For me it's that I don't have enough photos. I'm a 1 photo scrapper most of the time and just one photo on a pocket LO seems too little to me.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love my paper PL albums which are all the traditional design A, but for my digi pages I prefer old school...usually because I like my digi pages to have a little more white space. I enjoy looking at pocket digi pages, but have zero desire to make one.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do scrap pocket style pages for my weekly PL spreads, but even after 2.5 years I'm a little on the fence about it. I love the way it lets me get in photos and stories that wouldn't make it onto their own layout, and that's why I continue. But I don't enjoy scrapping pocket pages as much as regular pages. It also takes me so stinking LONG to do pocket pages; if I do them faster I'm not happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
A funny thing though is that before when I would make an occational pocket page I did it often, but now that my weekly pages are pocket style, I prefer to scrap my other freestanding pages in a more traditional way.
That's how I am, too. Now that so many of my layouts are busy pocket-style weekly spreads, I want my non-PL layouts to be the opposite. I'm doing much simpler pages with fewer pictures, and I almost never choose blocked styles for my traditional pages. The exception is if I'm scrapping an older page for a year before I started PL. Then I don't mind doing a pocket style page since that's not what the album is already filled with.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

For me, pocket style pages are just another way to create a layout that I do when I'm in the mood. I'm terrible at doing projects that require me to always use a certain layout, do something daily/weekly/monthly or whatever. I'm too free-spirited for that and I like to mix it up to stay inspired. So, I'm not completely against Project Life or that style of scrapping... I dip my toe in *kind of* sometimes.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like the idea of pocket scrapping for everyday pages and I'm hoping it will help me catch up on the last few years of photos for my niece and nephews. I like a simple scrapbook style and I like the photos to be a bit bigger so I'm trying to figure out how to have it work for me but not look too busy for my style. I am very inspired by the pages that have been posted in this thread.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love other people's pocket pages but haven't really loved the pages I have made in that style. I think I need to scrap lift/copy some more to get a better feel of the style. They currently take me forever to do and just don't look right. That being said after I looked back at some of my early digi scrapping, my beginning pocket pages look a whole lot better than my beginning traditional digi pages! lol
Old 10-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I've seen some gorgeous pocket style pages but the blocked, graphic look just doesn't really appeal to me. I'd much rather make a more artsy blended page.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have to admit I have never been drawn to pocket scrapping. I love simplistic styles but to me this is no different then putting pictures in an album. Some scrappers are awesome at using those boxes to really create but I find its to constricting and not as much fun. I like having the whole page to utilize. I don't like being confined to the box. LOL maybe I'm too big of a rule breaker.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Anelia and Kiana