Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm
Red face Anyone had any Vista unzip issues?

I got the Song Bird Avenue kit today, Dreamsicle, and can't unzip it! It runs an extremely long time then gives an err that a duplicate file is found. No matter how I answer the message, when the extract completes there are no files in the folders. I've had no problems with other zipped files today. Strange?? Hoping someone can help, I'm new to Vista and totally clueless.

aww, nuts! I just realized (when I couldn't find this thread) that I posted it to the wrong forum. Now I have a second question. How do I move this thread?

Last edited by digi-gee; 08-26-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default vista unzip trouble

OK, I can't be sure, but this is what I think the problem is. Some kits when they are unzipped have duplicate files inside - I think one for macs and one for pc's. My computer does the same thing, I have another unzipping program called Zipeg, and it downloads them just fine. I got zipeg for free online somewhere, I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

Good luck!

Tammy Conlan

My Gallery at DST

also creating for: NinaScraps, Phuong Ton & As You Wish
Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! I'll give that a try.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

It is an issue with MAC files for sure. If you watch closely the first one or two messages will say "skip or cancel" for your options you should press skip but then the message will change to "copy files without their encryption" and it will say "yes or cancel" and you should check the little box below them that says apply to all (or something to that effect) and then click on YES. You really have to watch and choose skip when it's your only option and then YES when it's an option!

Hope I'm not confusing you....it only happens when you download something from a designer who uses a MAC!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:39 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Well now, that wasn't nearly as difficult as it might seem and it WORKS! Thanks much for walking me through this. I certainly hope that microsoft corrects sometime in the future because it's very intimidating. I found that if I check mark the box on both questions, answer skip to the first one about duplicate and yes to the one about encryption ...this goes pretty quickly (eventhough it tells me it will take days to complete). All my files were accounted for when it completed.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi-gee View Post
(eventhough it tells me it will take days to complete).
Your's does that too? Everytime I try to extract something it always give me a rediculous time......the whole extracting thing is one bug I hope the fix soon!!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

No problem like that but every other problem under the sun with Vista. I'm not a happy camper with this new Vista - arghhh!

My Sweet Shoppe Designs
My Blog