Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy Has Facebook done this to any of you??

Tried to log in this morning and my account is disabled! Has anyone else had this problem? I do not post "illegal" things, did not misrepresent myself, don't play any fb games....I'm completely normal and follow all the rules!!
They gave me no warning and didn't tell me why it was disabled. Sent the request for it to be reinstated...had to scan my drivers license (blacked out unneccessary content).

Wonder how long it will take them to clear my name!?! I feel so wrongly accused!!

I have a lot of cousins and old friends I keep in contact with through fb, especially now that I'm stuck here on bedrest.....otherwise I'd delete my account and just forget it!!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes, I can't login or get kicked off, but usually for "maintencnce" but I don't think it ever says that that's what it is. Usually just waiting for an hour or so, & then trying again, I can get back on.

hope you get everything sorted out. sometimes FB is a huge pain.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I think it must be a fluke in their system somehow, because one of my girlfriends had that same thing happen to her this morning. She just went ahead and created a whole new account.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had it happen after my account was hacked ... it took a few days but it was re-instated
Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had to 'verify myself' after I logged in from an unfamiliar location (Vegas) - I had to go thru and say which of my friends were tagged in 20 photos - which is quite the PITA when people tag their kids, spouses and just scenery pics as people!! I was only allowed to get so many wrong, I wonder if that's an option for you?

Old 11-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the info guys. Glad I'm not alone. Going to wait a bit to see if my ID verification does the trick. I'd hate to have to start all over, that would stink!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Banned

profile gallery

They did it to me but they said someone hacked into mine and sent out requests for money. It did take me 3 weeks to get mine again. I didn't have to do the drivers license though.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

just saw this on the news It was a glitch on the facebook site!

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/16/tech...dex.htm?hpt=T2

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
just saw this on the news It was a glitch on the facebook site!

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/16/tech...dex.htm?hpt=T2
Thanks, Beckie! I had been googling it today...but hadn't seen anything telling about this yet! I knew it had to be some kind of glitch....I'm such a model citizen!!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randa View Post
Tried to log in this morning and my account is disabled! Has anyone else had this problem? I do not post "illegal" things, did not misrepresent myself, don't play any fb games....I'm completely normal and follow all the rules!!
They gave me no warning and didn't tell me why it was disabled. Sent the request for it to be reinstated...had to scan my drivers license (blacked out unneccessary content).

Wonder how long it will take them to clear my name!?! I feel so wrongly accused!!

I have a lot of cousins and old friends I keep in contact with through fb, especially now that I'm stuck here on bedrest.....otherwise I'd delete my account and just forget it!!
YES!!! This just happened to me yesterday and it's been bothering me big time. Not so much because of how much I enjoy Facebook but the fact that they accused me of violating their terms and that their decision was "final" to terminate my account! Grrrrr!!!! I even sent my license copy.

I seem to be back in my account now without a problem but that was seriously urking me!

Thank you so much for the article. I feel much better now, knowing they know it really wasn't me after all. Phew!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

http://gawker.com/5692443/facebook-i...women-for-life

Here's another article about it.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Swann View Post
YES!!! This just happened to me yesterday and it's been bothering me big time. Not so much because of how much I enjoy Facebook but the fact that they accused me of violating their terms and that their decision was "final" to terminate my account! Grrrrr!!!! I even sent my license copy.

I seem to be back in my account now without a problem but that was seriously urking me!
I got that same email about their "final" decision, then the next day got an email saying my account had been reinstated. I can log in now and see everything, but my friends are telling me they can't click on or comment on anything on my account....so still not totally fixed

Guess I'll have to email again soon if it doesn't resolve! Emailing facebook seems about as effective as emailing the White House....I keep getting canned email responses!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got that same email about their "final" decision, then the next day got an email saying my account had been reinstated. I can log in now and see everything, but my friends are telling me they can't click on or comment on anything on my account....so still not totally fixed
Yep, the same thing had been happening to me, too. My friends said my name kept turning black (unclickable) and blue (clickable) and then back to black. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out soon!

Quote:
Emailing facebook seems about as effective as emailing the White House...
Yes! This!

I got an e-mail back, stating the disabling was done in error.

I told my husband about it and he kind of freaked out that I sent a copy of my ID to them so now I'm kind of stressing about it, and wondering whatever possessed me to do that. I obviously wasn't thinking clearly...but I also didn't imagine that it was some kind of fluke either! I just sent them an e-mail, asking about it and expressing my concern. We'll see what happens...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Swann View Post
I told my husband about it and he kind of freaked out that I sent a copy of my ID to them so now I'm kind of stressing about it, and wondering whatever possessed me to do that. I obviously wasn't thinking clearly...but I also didn't imagine that it was some kind of fluke either!
I did black out my license # and address. But luckily it was a legitimate FB email that you send those into...so things should be fine.
My account seems to be ok now. People can see my profile and can comment. So I guess it took them a long time to get the bugs worked out!