Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2023, 09:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Online Backup

I am not sure how I missed it, but Backblaze hadn't backed up my files for over 2 weeks and for some reason many of the files that had been backed up previously were gone. I'm not sure what happened, but their customer service is really good (IMO) and after a few tweaks here and there, everything is backing up once again ... day 3 and it's still catching up.

Anyways, I was telling my hubby about it and was pretty animated, because, well, IT'S A BIG DEAL ... (lolol). He was like "oh, okay, that's good" ... and that was it. He obviously does not understand!!

I know you all will understand! And I just want to say if anyone is on the fence about using Back Blaze, just do it!! I've used them for several years and have had to do a few complete restores and it's been a good experience (as good as something like that can be!)
Old 01-16-2023, 11:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Phew--I'm glad you realized it now and were able to get everything backing up again! And yes, of course you'd be animated about that because it *is* a big deal!
Old 01-16-2023, 11:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yikes, so glad you realized! Backblaze has seen me and my husband through at least 4 hard drive failures over the last 7 or 8 years, and 2 of those were my work pc with all my digiscrap files. One was just a few months ago.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:16 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I also use Backblaze, and have had to do a full restore. I was in tears and panicking. They are wonderful!!

It is like I told my husband then. There are photos of people who are gone, my nearly grown child as a baby that was in that. You cannot get those back. You can not recreate them!

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 01-17-2023, 09:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So happy you got your files back!!
Old 01-17-2023, 10:34 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, Backblaze stopped backing up for me at one time... for over a month. Thankfully, I also had an EHD connected and used the backup software on that so when my computer died because of a power outage, I only lost a couple of days.

But I had been having intermittent issues of my internet connection being disconnected. Provider did trouble shooting several times and could never find anything wrong. While waiting for the new computer I used my laptop and did not have it connected to Backblaze. I had no disconnection issues at all. When the new computer arrived and I got it set up with Backblaze, the disconnections issues started again. If I turned off Backblaze, they stopped. I got my full backup from Backblaze and left it. I haven't had disconnection issues since. And, I'm talking disconnection times of up to 5 minutes, sometimes a couple times an hour. I once tracked it for a period of 3 hours and had over 25 disconnections. Unacceptable.

I now control my own backups using multiple hard drives. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done. The one thing I do when downloading photos and after unzipping new kits, is to copy them to 2 different EHD's immediately.

I had also had Backblaze for a long time and after I thought about it, I had disconnection issues the whole time although they were not as frequent for a long time as they were at the end.

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So glad you got it working again. I use IDrive. Hubby gets it though and knows how much of a big deal our pics are...trips, family members that are gone, baby pics of my kids that are growing up way too fast, videos. He pulls my scrapbooks out when my son's girlfriend comes over if he knows I had printed new pages to show her. She loves looking at the old photos and Coop as a baby. Makes me happy