Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-22-2022, 07:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Shutterfly Professional 6 Color Printing

Has anyone upgraded to this before? I've never used it, and I'm always happy with my books. But what if I could be HAPPIER??
Old 01-22-2022, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've not hear of this before. I assume if it's an upgrade it costs more as well?
Old 01-22-2022, 07:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I've not hear of this before. I assume if it's an upgrade it costs more as well?
Yes, I think with the current sale, it was $13.99 more.

If no one here has used it, maybe I'll wait for a smaller album to try it out.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:36 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I've done it before. I actually ordered it on the album I purchased this week. Obviously I don't have it yet to show you lol, but I can compare it to a non 6-color album once it arrives.

I don't think the colors are that different, but there are subtle differences in hue and saturation. But it isn't a HUGE difference. I do it on big albums because the price is the same no matter album size (I think).
Old 01-22-2022, 08:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been using it since they started offering it since it's a relatively low priced add-on. Like Sara said, I think there are some subtle differences. It's been a while since I looked at one with and without the upgrade side by side, but I think I remember the color transitions looking a little smoother and the dots of color that make up the pages being harder to see. I'll try to remember to photograph the books side by side tomorrow when the light is better. I'm not sure you'll be able to see the difference in a photo of the albums, but I'll try.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just tried to photograph the difference, and you can't see it in photos. It's also hard because I don't have the same photo or page printed both ways, so you can't make a direct comparison. Scrapbook papers and elements don't seem different regardless of whether you do or don't use the 6-color. (Again, maybe if I had the same page printed both ways you might see a difference, but just looking at different layouts it seems fine both ways.) There is a small difference in the pictures, mostly in skin tone. I notice it most when the photos are imperfect and have shadowed areas on the skin--I feel like the 6 color printing gets those areas a little more accurate and less dark. But without looking at a book made with and without it side by side, I don't think you'd really notice the difference. If I handed you a book made with the 6-color printing and didn't tell you, you wouldn't be like, "Wow--what's different about this book? It looks great."

I think my take on it is that it's a nice add on if you're feeling like your book was a great deal and don't mind spending a little more. If you're feeling like your book was expensive, it's not worth spending more on it.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-23-2022 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:12 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for asking this question. I always wonder if I should upgrade or not, but I've never done it. I'd love to hear what you think Sara when you get your latest book in hand.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm curious if any one else has tried this option in the last year? I managed to get 1 book uploaded and arranged and maxxed out the unlimited pages at 107. For that many pages, I figured it was worth it to try the 6 color printing for something like $10-12. I did NOT do the glossy page upgrade. I'm curious if anyone has tried that option and thought it made a noticeable difference.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have done the upgrade, I did it even on the one I just ordered today. Like was said earlier, it's not a huge difference but worth it for the not too expensive price.
Old 01-22-2023, 11:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

If it's anything like 6 color printing I've heard of in the past, it's really only beneficial for super bright saturated colors. I think it allows for more precise greens and oranges. I personally don't think it would be noticeable at all for your scrapbooks. Unless you use highly saturated colors and photos. CMYK printing is totally sufficient to capture all of the colors in your scrapbook pages. The only thing I could see it doing is brightening up the saturation... to me Shutterfly printing can lean a bit "muddy" so maybe this is how they're trying to improve on that? Still. I think $13 is kind of expensive for the upgraded 6-color printing unless you are printing a very large hi-res photo or art print?