Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-20-2019, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 12/20

Today questions are all about the holiday season.
  1. What are you looking forward to over the holidays?
  2. Do you have a lot left to do to be prepared for the holidays?
  3. Is there a gift you are hoping to receive or excited to give?
  4. Is there anything different planned this year?
  5. Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year?

Last edited by bcgal00; 12-20-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What are you looking forward to over the holidays?
Family time, we'll go for walks, watch movies, eat a lot of goodies.

Do you have a lot left to do to be prepared for the holidays?
I can't believe I still have a ton of stuff to do. I need to shop, wrap, plan menu, bake, clean house and still have tons of desk work to do.

Is there a gift you are hoping to receive or excited to give?
Watching Bailey open gifts Xmas day is going to so exciting. She'd been hospitalized for 2 yrs so having her home for the day and opening gifts with her makes me giddy with excitement. I'll probably take about a billion candid photos LOL!

Is there anything different planned this year?
I would like to go out on boxing day with the family for a walk around Lafarge Lake where they have decorated some of the trees. I usually go shopping that day but this year I won't. I want to be with my family.

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year? I've been watching Hallmark Xmas movies all month and today started a Christmas cozy story by Nora Roberts. It's a fast read, not too many pages so will probably start the next cozy (by Debbie McComber) in about 3-4 days.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

living in sweats/leggings/t-shirts/hoodies. Hoping to do some work on the basement with me being off for 2 weeks as of 2:30 PM today!!

I have a couple of gifts left to buy but they are easily done at the LCBO. Haven't done any wrapping at all.......or baking....

no

same as always, Christmas Eve at my brother's and Christmas Day at my parents.

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday-themed books during this time of the year?
Christmas Vacation and Elf are always watched plus we'll throw in a couple of other holiday-themed movies here and there.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What are you looking forward to over the holidays? Honestly? Just for them to be over. I'm just not feeling it this year. I'm behind. Stressed. Still have so much to do. Our tree isn't even decorated.

Do you have a lot left to do to be prepared for the holidays? Tons

Is there a gift you are hoping to receive or excited to give? Watching my kids open their gifts is always nice.

Is there anything different planned this year? We are spending this weekend at the cabin for a Friendsmas. Which really doesn't help my current situation. lol

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year? I watch a lot of Hallmark channel as I'm doing things. Corny and takes zero thought. And, they all end the same so if I come and go out of the room I still know how they all end. Ha!

Old 12-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it right now...Beach vacation in Sri Lanka! Today is our last day though, so I guess I need to come up with a few things to look forward to at home Gingerbread houses & having 2 more weeks off school for crafting & relaxing!

Not really, our gifts are wrapped, our tree is up, and we're not hosting anything. I have been working (but not very consistently) on a Bucilla stocking for my daughter for 4 years, lol, and I'd like to get Santa's head appliquéd on before Christmas Eve. I am going to use my Silhouette to put a Christmas saying on a battery-powered candle and give as a gift.

I'm excited for my son to open the "sushi making kit" I pieced together for him. It is always fun to see my daughter open gifts, she has great reactions! I was hoping for some earrings from my etsy favorites list, but snooped and saw that instead of the 20 pairs of "everyday" earrings on my list, my husband picked a fancy pair I was considering for the Marine Corps Ball (that already happened in November). So, I guess I'm excited about picking my own everyday-wear earrings after Christmas!

We've never lived anywhere more than 4 Christmases, so things are different every year, haha. We're going to a coworkers house for Christmas day dinner.

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year?
Yes!! I love Christmas movies & I'm wanting to finish up my current read today by the pool or tonight on the plane so I can start the Christmassy book I have checked out.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes!! I've been at my mom's for almost 3 months. I don't even think the house is decorated! I've bought some gifts on Amazon and had them delivered home. I will still have to wrap them. Other than their big gift, my (grown) kids are getting money.

Our gift this year is closing on our new house in Idaho on the 27th! LOL!

See above... LOL! I've never not decorated for Christmas. I don't even know what we'll have for Christmas dinner!

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year?
We always start with The Nightmare before Christmas. I have a basket full of Christmas movies that we usually watch every year. I haven't watched many this year because 1) I haven't been home, and 2) I haven't had much sitting time!
Old 12-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's so quiet around here....

Having all the kids here! And we always hide their gifts creatively so that's fun to watch.
I'm getting there...at least 3/4 are wrapped. Finishing my baking today and have some cooking and light cleaning to do tomorrow before my family comes.

I got my youngest son a glitter bomb. He passionately HATES glitter! And I'm going to sign it from my oldest son since they have a little war going on HAHAHA should be fun!

Nope, pretty much the usual. Cousins and family this weekend, christmas Eve service an dinner with Grandma, then Christmas here and dinner here with others coming to join us.

Nope!
Old 12-21-2019, 06:40 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

What are you looking forward to over the holidays? Having a nice day with my boys. Our tradition of sweet rolls for breakfast while they unwrap gifts and watching Christmas movies all day.

Do you have a lot left to do to be prepared for the holidays? Nope! I'm totally done!

Is there a gift you are hoping to receive or excited to give? I am excited to give my boyfriend his scrapbook I made him. We will be apart for 3-4 months and I'll be sending it to him in Chicago to brighten his day. I got my boys some really cool clothes and gadgets, so it should be a good holiday.

Is there anything different planned this year? No. Except this will be the first year in four years that I won't have to work the overnight un-Christmasing of our store.

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year? I binge watch Hallmark movies.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 12-22-2019, 01:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What are you looking forward to over the holidays? us celcebrating with my sister and her family. This will be our first time to celebrate with her and her family, and we also received a wonderful news that she's pregnant!!! I am so excited, I can't wait to see her!!

Do you have a lot left to do to be prepared for the holidays? the cooking here at home since we are going to celebrate early for my family and then we will travel to Virginia to celebrate Christmas eve with my sister.

Is there a gift you are hoping to receive or excited to give? we have this garbage collector, it's kind of a new thing this second quarter, before, the collectors uses a truck to collect our trash, but this year, it's just this old guy who walks with a big bin which I always feel sad whenever I see him so most of the time I just take our trash in the morning to the garbage disposal area which was a quater mile away. I bought something for him and since we don't have collection on Fridays and Saturdays, I will wait till tomorrow or Monday, to give him this small token of appreciation.

Is there anything different planned this year? We made some changes this year, to have an early Christmas celebration here at home, and then another celebration with my sister and her family.

Do you watch any of the holiday movies or read any holiday themed books during this time of the year? yes! We read two books on Christmas eve before we let Kylie sleep, and then we watch Christmas movies in the morning.