Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How long does it take you to scrap a layout?

Some of you ladies are scrapping machines and I'm jealous How do you find the time to scrap so many pages? What's the method to your madness
Old 02-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would say anywhere from 30-90 Minutes...I get up early in the AM...and have a few hours at night after supper is cooked and the boys are playing...My dining room and living room open up and are really one big room so I am lucky that I can be on the computer and right in the middle of things too!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Depends for me on several factors, lol. Usually a couple hours, but sometimes a layout can take DAYS.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I'd say my average is about 3 hours... but a few have taken days. My favorite layout took 4 days on and off.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Mine take anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours for an average layout. But I'm also chatting on hello and watching tv on my slingbox so I'm a bit distracted. My favorite layout to date took me two days of work.
I scrap at night after my kids are in bed. My husband works nights to once the kids are in bed at 8pm, I have the rest of the night to scrap. Usually from 8pm-11ish.
________
Rubbi

Last edited by iJenny; 09-08-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

2-3 hours each, some much much longer. A couple of weekends ago, I scrapped 5 pages in less than 24 hours, something I had never even come close to doing before, now my mojo is gone, so I guess I used it all up LOL
Old 02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I average about 2 hours and that is on the low side, I too can take days to do 1 page but it depends on what it is about!!!! I get up early too but at that point I am usually just checking e-mail and leaving LOVE for all you fabulous ladies!!! I scrap while my niece is napping and then after she goes home at 4 pm I get a little time before dinner a bit after and then at 9:30 I do the whole e-mail check and leavin love thing all over again. It is hard to keep up but I do my best.

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 02-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I am very fortunate in that all three of my kids are in school until 3:00. So, I get up early, do my housework and then scrap and praise the rest of the day.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I turned on my webcam and you could see the mess behind me you'd KNOW just how much time I spend Photoshopping, lol!

Seriously though, the amt. of pages I'm able to get done in a week has doubled sine we tripked our RAM (wait, shouldn't my output have tripled then too? Hmm...).
Old 02-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Usually it takes me at least an hour... my last one took me 3 hours, but I love it, so it was worth it!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I'm usually under an hour per LO, sometimes faster. I get up early and my son sleeps until usually 9am and then I scrap at his naptime and after he goes to bed at night sometimes.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I take forever sometimes. Usually around 2.5 hours I'd guess, but some of those stinkers take MUCH longer, lol.

My new thing, is that I start a LO, and if I get stuck wtih it, I just go ahead and start a new one (something I NEVER used to do). Then once the mojo is flowing again, I'll go back and finish the other LO. I seem to be more productive that way.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I take forever. It's a good day if I get a layout done in one day. I'm one that needs to percolate and ruminate on something, so I'm finding setting something aside as soon as I'm stuck and starting on something else is the way to go for me. That could be another layout, or something else completely, like my neglected housework, lol.

I think if I could use ACDSee (they don't make it for Mac), I'd be a much faster scrapper. A lot of my time is spent wanting to find just the right thing. I don't always know exactly what it is, but I know I'll know it when I see it. I organize my supplies, but I really want to be able to search them by keyword. I've found Bridge kind of buggy when I've tried it, but I know it's worked for some people so maybe I'll try again.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am usually done under an hour. If it gets much longer than that I lose interest and start on something else. Most times I will go back and finish the one I was struggling with but sometimes not.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am the kind of person who seems to work on a layout throughout the course of a day (more or less). I have been using bree's templates lately and finding that helps - I love that even though you can start with a template you can still make it your own. For awhile I always felt like I was "cheating" when using templates but I'm slowly getting past that.. LOL!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post

I think if I could use ACDSee (they don't make it for Mac), I'd be a much faster scrapper. A lot of my time is spent wanting to find just the right thing. I don't always know exactly what it is, but I know I'll know it when I see it. I organize my supplies, but I really want to be able to search them by keyword. I've found Bridge kind of buggy when I've tried it, but I know it's worked for some people so maybe I'll try again.
I don't use bridge on my mac (in fact I don't even have it installed because i found it slows down everything)

But the search feature in the mac on the top right is pretty good i think. I was always too lazy to tag things when I had my pc and acdsee anyways so as long as people are naming their stuff good its pretty easy to find things
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1/2 an hour to up to 2 hours. It depends on if I use a template or not!

Old 02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the 2-3 hr category, but I get distracted easily. I chat on hello or watch tv while I scrap. And it takes me forever to choose pictures/paper, etc. I'd love to be one who could knock out 6-7 layouts every week, but that just isn't possible when I only scrap on weekends.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I don't use bridge on my mac (in fact I don't even have it installed because i found it slows down everything)

But the search feature in the mac on the top right is pretty good i think. I was always too lazy to tag things when I had my pc and acdsee anyways so as long as people are naming their stuff good its pretty easy to find things
Yeah, I find Bridge just seems slow and clunky. I can't find it in me to embrace it.

I do use my search function, but I still find I'm wading through so much stuff. Keywords are a pain to get set up, but I just know the way my mind works and how much I'd love to be able to plug in: green ribbon; purple heart element; blue pattern paper; etc etc. I love this with Lightroom and my photos... I really wish LR would read pngs.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Slow as molasses in January here.....usually takes me several hours, but I think it's more to do with my crazy perfectionist ways and organization (or rather "lack" of it!). I've been trying to get better and finally get a system working, but it's taking me forever with 3 years worth of goodies on my hard drive.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A page takes me anywhere from 1-3 hours, depending on how focused and creative I am feeling.

I scrap a little through the day, between work and the kids, and then I do moe at night after I've finished up work for the day.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I never finish a layout on the same day I start. It tooks me FOREVER to finish, lol! I would say at least 4 hours for me!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Depends for me..If i have a great idea I'm quick lol...sometimes it takes me weeks. I haven't had a new LO now in almost a week though lol

I have about 30 in an "in progress" folder though

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I'm usually in the 1-3 hour category...just depends...since I have my laptop, I'm usually sitting in the living room and I can keep an eye on Peyton and Abby, so that's when I scrap {and of coarse when they go to bed}....none of my LO's are very elaborate because once I start I usually HAVE to finish it because I just don't like to have anything unfinished...so sometimes I'm still up at midnight finishing a LO and then have to get up at 5:45 am for work...
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It really varies for me sometimes i can do it in 20 mins and other times it will take me up to 3 hours. Usually i go back and forth working on it.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It varies. When I use a template or one of the sketch I prepared in advance (usually knowing already which stuff I'll use too), it can be less than an hour, but when I start from scratch, usually with just a subject or a prompt (like for some the challenges here), it can take 2/3 hours, sometimes days...

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 02-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd say an average time is an hour a page sometimes more...all depends on a bunch of things. I usually get an hour or so in the morning to scrap. Then I get a couple hours at night and then 10-15 minutes here and there to sit at the computer throughout the day. I split a lot of my daily happenings up into 10-30 minute deals! LOL! I will do laundry for about 15 minutes. Clean the kids room for 15 minutes, get on the puter for 15 minutes, study for 1/2 hour, take 10-15 minutes to read a magazine or book, etc. LOLOL! The days that I don't split things up like that I feel way too over-stressed and never get anything accomplished!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganmecrazy View Post
I'd say an average time is an hour a page sometimes more...all depends on a bunch of things. I usually get an hour or so in the morning to scrap. Then I get a couple hours at night and then 10-15 minutes here and there to sit at the computer throughout the day. I split a lot of my daily happenings up into 10-30 minute deals! LOL! I will do laundry for about 15 minutes. Clean the kids room for 15 minutes, get on the puter for 15 minutes, study for 1/2 hour, take 10-15 minutes to read a magazine or book, etc. LOLOL! The days that I don't split things up like that I feel way too over-stressed and never get anything accomplished!
That's totally the way I function when I don't work, I even set up a timer (Can you tell I'm a FlyLady fan? LOL) to make sure that I don't get overwhelmed by the household stuff or (more likely to happen) scrap for hours instead of cleaning!

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've gotten a tad faster but it still takes me at least 2 hours, usually more. I'm always trying out different papers and elements until I am satisfied.

I hate to think how much longer it would take me if I didn't have ACDSee .

I am totally impressed by those of you who can scrap in under an hour!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletheels Send a message via Skype™ to scarletheels

Anywhere from two to four hours per layout. I get the laptop all to myself from 8 a.m. to about 2:30 p.m. while my girls are in school.

FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: WEBSITE
Old 02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

30 minutes to 3 weeks.....

If a LO is taking me that long it's also sitting until I get mojo for it while I work on others.

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can take me an average of 2hrs. I scrap mostly at night after the kids go to bed. DH watched his sports and I scrap.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I get my mojo in doses (and I only get around 1-2 days to scrap freely, sometimes I need to do chores like do laundry so it gets shortened, LOL), so I do 6 layouts a day and do absolutely nothing for the next 6 days Hahaha. I do something creative once a day though like look through my kits, my pictures, jot ideas so when it's time to finally scrap, it all goes together really quickly.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The fastest I've ever done was 1 hour. But usually it took me 2 hours or more. Some LOs took me daaaayyyysss to finish.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

I'm lucky if I finish a page the same day I started it. I usually take a couple of days, mostly because I get tired of looking at it and whatever I do doesn't look right. One night's sleep and a fresh look the next day lets me finish it off.

I'm a lot faster than when I started, which took almost 5 days! It's a wonder how I got anything done.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*