Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Need Help with Brag Book

Hi! I made a brag book. Well, I put pictures in the QP and printed them out. I'd like to give them as a gift. How do I finish the brag book. There are 10 pages. Any suggestions??? Is there a chipboard book in 4 X 6 size? Most of the albums I've seen in stores have way too many pages to fill! Help!!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Hey!
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...index&cPath=65
there's a bunch of different chipboard albums in the store, various sizes. I did a circle one for my mom for mother's day but didn't have time to do all the pages...so I just unhooked the little metal ring they come on and removed 2 of them. I can use them later on sometime. You could try that?
What did you print them out on? Cardstock, photo paper, etc...? Might be easier to figure out what to do with them depending on the paper.

facebook
Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

A lot of places (walmart, michael's, Joann's) have small 4x6 photo albums. You can take one of those and put the quick pages in, instead of using photos.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunti M View Post
Hi! I made a brag book. Well, I put pictures in the QP and printed them out. I'd like to give them as a gift. How do I finish the brag book. There are 10 pages. Any suggestions??? Is there a chipboard book in 4 X 6 size? Most of the albums I've seen in stores have way too many pages to fill! Help!!
We don't have a 4x6 chipboard album in the shoppe. But I've done it this way a few times....buy some 4x6 album refills - page protectors in 4x6 size (or just buy the cheap albums and pull out the protectors - for the QPs you've printed out. Then for covers you can use another QP in a page protector, or you can make the cover out of cardboard, chipboard or something else entirely. You can use ribbons, album posts, book binding rings, or whatever to secure the pages together using the holes in the page protectors. On this one I used some album posts I had on hand and a strip of craft foam as the "binding".

OR - you can take your photos to the office store and have them laminated leaving at least an inch between photos. Trim them apart leaving about 1/4 inch of laminate all around (I also used a corner rounder punch to round the corners). Punch holes in them and bind as suggested above. Here is an example:

There are tons of ways...these are just some I've used.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thank You!! {I had Costco print my pages as 4 X 6 photos.} These ideas are great!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

It is probably a little late to reply on this.. but I just went through this search. I'm doing a 4x6 (completely digital) brag book for my girfriend, who just became a mom.. again. I needed to do this quickly since I over committed myself with other projects. I didn't want to mail order anything since this was supposed to be a fairly inexpensive gift and I really didn't have time to wait for a shipment. I came up with the following alternatives:

1) purchase a cheap $.99 brag book, avail. almost everywhere.

2) Mail order a chipboard album. The only manufacturer that I could find that makes a standard 4x6 is Maya Road. From what I can tell they make 2 kinds, accordian (rings on 2 sides) and ring (rings on one side). I would have required that I open the rings up with pliers to pull the chip board pages out. Didn't have time to experiment.

3) Purchase a post bound 4x6 album and remove the unnecessary pages. Couldn't find one anywhere.

4) Purchase a 4x6 brag book from Hallmark.

5) Jessica Sprague gives step by step instructions on how to make one from card stock.

http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/bl...tructions.html

Since mine was a gift to a household with a toddler in it, I opted for the Halmark brag book. It was a little more than I wanted to pay, but I could hold it and see what I was getting.

Nic.