Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default P365/Project Life... who is planning to go for it?

I keep looking at the thread of P365 to get myself pumped up about it. I want to start it, I love the fact of having memory of simple day-to-day life. But I want to keep it simple. As long as I keep the pages simple, without having to decide on papers, elements every time I sit down, I may not get it done. I love how Nikki's pages are so simple and uniform!

I can't decide if I want to use same template (maybe flip around for some) for a year or use similar kits to keep the same look or just experiment different templates/kits for each month.

Just to get going, I created one last night with minimum 'stuff' on it, I was happy with how little time it took for me to get it done.

What are you all doing?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to do it but I say that every year and I never get far...I like PL because you don't necessarily have to take a picture everyday...I'm trying to keep up with December Daily right now but I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Any tips for those of you have already completed it would be great...how did you stick with it?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'll be doing PL again. It will be my third year. I'm just really hoping to catch up (I'm three weeks behind) on this year's before I start!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will be doing Project Life digital style again this year. I'm a little behind right now, but it's the first time that's happened all year. It's just part of my daily life to take a picture every day.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Marla, it's your pages of second half year that sealed the deal for me! I even bought Cindy's super pack just last week, but it may be too much for me to keep up on weekly basis!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll be doing Project Life again next year. I print 4x6 photos and slip them into the divided page protectors. So simple! I've managed to keep up with this project for months now and I love the album! Next year I'm going to attempt to print my own cards using my digi supplies and see if I'm still able to keep up with it as easily.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Rachelle, I'm the same way. I can't take a photo a day. By the time I get home from work, day is over and not much to take a photo of. I plan on taking pics whenever there is something to keep memory of.. and just add those pics to my weekly pages. It doesn't have to have 7 pics a week.. it could be more than 7 or less than 7. I just want to capture the week on regular basis. I also take pics of things that amazes kids. This morning, we were pulling out from driveway to go to school and my son noticed bunch of wild turkeys with their feathers spread out... so, I took the photo of it on my phone and it will go in the book(yes, I started early just to see if I will stick to it! lol).

I think keeping the 'rules' is what would stop me from keep moving, so I plan on just going with the flow and mood. Anything will be better than not doing it at all! Even if you just get one month done, you can just call it a Month in a Life.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am doing Project Life but modified. I'm not committing (or forcing) myself to do a spread every week instead I'll do one when I want to. I actually already started doing some spreads already and I'm really loving how easy it is! I already feel so accomplished because I got them done. The longest I've spent on one spread was 15 minutes and that was because I had to find things I brought home from Disney that I wanted to include.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing PL again, but I don't think I'll do weekly spreads again... I think I'll just do monthly spreads and add in special events and occasions

and I think I'm going to do mini albums for vacations and WITL, because I'm in LOVE with my December Daily Album right now and having fun putting it together
Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I want to attempt it in 2013. But not necessarily weekly spreads (i don't have the will power or inclination. Maybe like Heather said monthly spreads and special occasions with some random days thrown in.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll be doing P365 for the 4th time (I did full years in 2009, 2010 and this year) but this time I am only going to be using my iPhone and Instagram...I'll be calling it i365.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in such a habit of traking photos for P365/monthly reviews - this will be my 6th year, I think... I'm just now 2 1/2 years behind on scrapping... ugh. BUT I WILL GET IT SCRAPPED! That is my number one goal in 2013... finish the albums I have started... haha
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I'm doing it again, although with more full page spreads instead of so many 4x6 and 3x4 entries. After 4 years of it, I'm not sure I could stop now!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm doing P365 again this year. This'll be my 5th year. I skipped 2011 & regret it.

I don't scrap all mine. I pick a few topics I take a photo of every month & scrap them as year in review pages. This year I did my grocery cart, something crafty I did that month, the Legos, my book stack & one lunch each month, plus a monthly photo of me, DH & the boys. I put together a Blurb photo book with the remaining photos & little text blocks for the photo/memories & add my scrapped pages to it.

Just the thought of scrapping 365 photos, even as weekly spreads, is too much for me. I find the photo book much less stressful.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have never done it - but am planning on starting one JAN1!! I will do a 365 album - using Instagram. I hope I can pull it off!!

Holly
Old 12-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm going to attempt PL digi style for 2013 I think..not 100% sure if I'll do digi or paper but leaning towards digi

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I will definitely be doing it next year.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing PL since the beginning of fall and I am addicted! I'm doing it all digi.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is encouraging to see so many of you doing it for 4-5 years!!! I started in 2010 and only lasted for 5-6 weeks I think.

If there are any tips you can share to keep it going, I would love to hear from you to make sure it doesn't end up as another failure!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

my tip: DON'T GET BEHIND.
Figure out a time every week that works for you to get it done. Right now my weeks run Sun-Sat so I always try to complete the spread for the previous week on either Mon or Tues at the latest. That way I'm not worried about getting behind.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My tips are this:
1) Keep a journal. Not a write a page every night kind of journal, just jot a few notes about what you did, funny things the kids said, what's going on in the news, etc.
2) Plan out your page each week, even if you don't get it put together.

That way eve if you get behind, you still have the notes about what happened and the photos all planned out, so when you sit down, it goes quickly.

Also, I've found that printing inspires me, so I print mine each week. And I love the pages that have some pp but don't look super scrappy, so the more I make pages like that, the more I love the process. Figure out what makes you happy as you go, and do those things.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes - keep notes. I actually keep Notepad open all the time on my laptop and type little notes that I want to include.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Great tips!!! Thanks!

What is inspiring me this year is that if I take pics with iPhone, by the time I sit down on computer, I already have my photos on computer ready to be scrapped! It couldn't get any easier! Where I failed the most was having to transfer the photos from computer to the camera. I know it doesn't take long, but I wasn't disciplined about it.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I use. Oh life, to keep my notes of each day. Its basically an email you reply to with the subject line and date. I just repsond to it each morning as I go through my over night mail.

https://ohlife.com/

I also try to update my check-ins on fb whenever I'm out. it gives a good record of what we were doing too.

Of course I have a notebook next my bed which I record my song of the day- which usually triggers deeper journaling so i make notes in there for that.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

keep notes....I keep a word document and everyday I document on it that days evernts'life/etc.....I don't always take a picture a day, but I use my pictures from the week and put those on my weekly layouts (and use the best ones) and I always make it a double pager (pics all on one side and journaling on the other).....
Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Strongly considering it this year... but not sure. I worry about trying to commit and not doing it. Then again, so what? I'll probably do my best for as long as I can, and then what happens happens.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All these people joining in on Project Life should loudly declare their need for more 3x4 journaling cards! lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
All these people joining in on Project Life should loudly declare their need for more 3x4 journaling cards! lol.
This will be my first year (but I started 2 weeks ago) and I've already found myself squinting at the previews and reading the kit descriptions to figure out if they include 3x4 journaling cards! I agree with Marla! We need more journaling cards!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If every kit had journaling cards to go with it, that would be so awesome! I know I would be willing to pay for them separately, like some of the designers already offer.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes. I actually prefer buying them separately. I may not need another *insert random theme* kit, but I always need more journal cards.

I would like some kind of date card to use throughout the entire year on each spread, too if anyone is looking for ideas.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh yes. I actually prefer buying them separately. I may not need another *insert random theme* kit, but I always need more journal cards.

I would like some kind of date card to use throughout the entire year on each spread, too if anyone is looking for ideas.

I like options. Sometimes, it's nice having it in the kit so I'm not paying a extra if I want the kit AND the cards... but sometimes I don't need the kit, just the cards. I feel torn about it. :P

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am very tempted to try a paper Project Life style album..but I don't know where to start with it all and worried I will spend a bunch of money on supplies and then decided I don't like doing it. LOL I will see how finishing my Christmas 2012 mini album goes and go from there.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
I am very tempted to try a paper Project Life style album..but I don't know where to start with it all and worried I will spend a bunch of money on supplies and then decided I don't like doing it. LOL I will see how finishing my Christmas 2012 mini album goes and go from there.
Do it digital. Do it, do it, do it.

Can you tell I want you to start making journal cards for everything?! lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love the digital way, so simple and reusing the stuff is great! I am undecided about weekly spreads or monthly, still thinking. Last year i wanted to use a different digi kit per month but that didn't happen so maybe i will try that next year.

Heather

Creating for:
Anna Aspnes
Creashens & Vinnie Pearce

Last edited by Heather Prins; 12-14-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Marla I too adore your pages!

Heather

Creating for:
Anna Aspnes
Creashens & Vinnie Pearce
Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Prins View Post
Marla I too adore your pages!
Thank you!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll be doing PL paper version yet again. I'm a week behind right now but I've been sick with the flu all week so I will get cuaght up as soon as I am healthy
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
I'm doing P365 again this year. This'll be my 5th year. I skipped 2011 & regret it.

I don't scrap all mine. I pick a few topics I take a photo of every month & scrap them as year in review pages. This year I did my grocery cart, something crafty I did that month, the Legos, my book stack & one lunch each month, plus a monthly photo of me, DH & the boys. I put together a Blurb photo book with the remaining photos & little text blocks for the photo/memories & add my scrapped pages to it.

Just the thought of scrapping 365 photos, even as weekly spreads, is too much for me. I find the photo book much less stressful.
THIS is how I would like to attempt a 365 project! What fantastic ideas! I should have known anyone named Stacey would have something brilliant up their sleeve!