Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-29-2020, 09:48 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Best new portable photo printer

I am looking at buying a small printer to print 4 x 6 photos or smaller. I saw some small ones that were portable. Any recommedations?
Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I didn't realize no one replied to this. I would have if I'd known. *blush* I know someone who LOVES her HP Sprocket. Now they have the Sprocket Plus, which connect via Bluetooth. Talk about portable!

Personally, I have a Canon Selphy. It needs to be plugged into an outlet, so it isn't exactly "portable," but it prints up to 4x6, the colors are pretty good, and standard 4x6 paper usually comes out to about $0.30 per print. (There are sticker papers and other sizes...I don't buy them so I can't break down the price.)
Old 07-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Tree City. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2020, 06:40 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

You're welcome!
Old 08-19-2020, 03:37 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have the Selphy CP760 and love it. I recently got the selphy CP1300 and no longer need the CP760. I have it listed on FB I love them both.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughter loves her Canon Selphy. When she moved back home last month it got misplaced/lost in the move and she has been frantically tearing the house apart looking. If she doesn't find it soon she is going to buy a new one.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Old 07-14-2021, 07:24 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Canon Selphy I would say
also Epson 578
Old 07-21-2021, 05:28 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I would look at some devices made by Canon or Epson. These are the most adequate manufacturers of printers and scanners.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:55 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonbertol View Post
I am looking at buying a small printer to print 4 x 6 photos or smaller. I saw some small ones that were portable. Any recommedations?
You can go with HP.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:09 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I have a Canon SELPHY CP1300. It's actually great for 4x6 cards. Sure, ink and paper adds up, but you can print wirelessly from your phone - it's super convenient.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
Oh, I didn't realize no one replied to this. I would have if I'd known. *blush* I know someone who LOVES her HP Sprocket. Now they have the Sprocket Plus, which connect via Bluetooth. Talk about portable!

Personally, I have a Canon Selphy. It needs to be plugged into an outlet, so it isn't exactly "portable," but it prints up to 4x6, the colors are pretty good, and standard 4x6 paper usually comes out to about $0.30 per print. (There are sticker papers and other sizes...I don't buy them so I can't break down the price.)
Hi Sara! Do you really like your Selphy? I'm just starting to use my Traveler's Journals again and would love to just print out a picture now and again (maybe 2 or 3 - haha. I don't know much about the pricing, etc. but looking for some suggestiong.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
My daughter loves her Canon Selphy. When she moved back home last month it got misplaced/lost in the move and she has been frantically tearing the house apart looking. If she doesn't find it soon she is going to buy a new one.
Hi Rae. I just saw your response and had just asked Sara about hers. If a person was to buy a small printer for a Traveler's Journal type of thing, would you recommend it? I'm starting to ask around. Are they the printers that don't use ink? Maybe I'm confusing the Selphy with some other printer. One of them runs on a cartridge.

Great to see another familiar face here.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hi Cheryl. I believe this is the one my daughter has. She had no complaints about it at all.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2798...-printer-white
Old 01-11-2022, 10:42 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I have a Canon Selphy 1300. It has an ink cartridge and you can print your photos in different sizes. I believe you can also buy photo paper that is a sticker? but I have not done that. Just the 4x6 with the ink cartridges and then the apps to print the photos in a photo booth strip or collage or regular 4x6.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Hi Cheryl. I believe this is the one my daughter has. She had no complaints about it at all.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2798...-printer-white
Thanks so much, Rae!
Old 01-12-2022, 04:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I have a Canon Selphy 1300. It has an ink cartridge and you can print your photos in different sizes. I believe you can also buy photo paper that is a sticker? but I have not done that. Just the 4x6 with the ink cartridges and then the apps to print the photos in a photo booth strip or collage or regular 4x6.
The sticky back photo paper would be fun!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:40 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
The sticky back photo paper would be fun!
Hey Cheryl! I have the HP Sprocket that I used for a couple of years almost daily in my travelers notebooks. That's the one that prints 2x3 sticky backed photos. It doesn't use ink at all and just uses the little sticky backed papers that you can buy in 10, 20 or 100 packs. I used MANY 100 packs through my little printer. I haven't been doing my daily journal in my TN though for a little over a year.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:42 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hi Rae. I just saw your response and had just asked Sara about hers. If a person was to buy a small printer for a Traveler's Journal type of thing, would you recommend it? I'm starting to ask around. Are they the printers that don't use ink? Maybe I'm confusing the Selphy with some other printer. One of them runs on a cartridge.

Great to see another familiar face here.
Also... I used to have a Selphy too and I like that as well. It had regular paper and cartridges. The cartridges and paper came in a pack so the cartridge had exactly enough ink for the number of pieces of paper. I had one of the first ones ever made, so I don't know if they still use the same system, but I liked that thing too. I just liked my Sprocket better because it was smaller and WAY more portable.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:31 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hi Sara! Do you really like your Selphy? I'm just starting to use my Traveler's Journals again and would love to just print out a picture now and again (maybe 2 or 3 - haha. I don't know much about the pricing, etc. but looking for some suggestiong.
I don't do TN so I can't speak to that, but I can say I love my Selphy! (And yes there is sticker paper. Never had use for it but I want to find a use lol!)

As Karen mentioned, I know she loves her Sprocket for TN. The Sprocket prints small photos and I didn't want that: I wanted the ability to print 4 by 6, which the Selphy does. (Actually they're just a smidge under 4x6 but that doesn't bother me.)

Last edited by Tree City; 02-11-2022 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:25 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I love the selphy.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:10 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Great discussion I am off to look at travellers notebooks as I run a paper diary and it is time to shake it all up some and a size change might be it. The portable printer might just be the helping hand I need to make a decision.

Tamara