Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default June 2011: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Gals!

June? How can it be June? We’re already half way through the year and I’m still writing 2010! I’m sure your June will be just as crazy as mine – with school ending, schedules changing, and summer starting. We’ve assembled quite a list of challenges for you. Here’s hoping June is your month to complete the portfolio!

For ease of reference, we've created a printable checklist of this month's portfolio. Click the link below to download and print.

June 2011: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

As always, you MUST use primarily Sweet Shoppe products to complete your challenge layouts.

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible
1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this June Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!

2 - Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page.

3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life!

4 – Color inspiration! Use this ad as a color palette for your page.

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page.

6 - Ad Inspiration – use this ad as a starting point for a layout.

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color).

8 - Take one of the top ten songs of the week and use part or all of the song in your layout.

9 –What are the staples in your wardrobe or your kids’ wardrobes? Photograph some of them and include them on a page. Perhaps you could display them like this.

10 – Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it – either make your own or dig some out of a kit!

11 – It is going to be ok! Scrap a page that uses this print as inspiration.

12 – June is a popular month for weddings. Scrap a page about a wedding – could be your own wedding, your future wedding, the royal wedding, a wedding you attended or a page about all those ugly bridesmaid’s dresses hanging in your closet!

13 - One Little Word Challenge: Participate! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!)

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page. Here’s an inspiration piece.

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys."

16 – June is Drive Safe Month. Do a layout about your driving habits... are you a good driver or bad driver? Do you drive a lot or just a little?

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques!

18 – Scrap about five things you just have to have (ok so you really don’t need them, but you certainly want them!)

19 – June 21st is the first day of summer - scrap your top ten favorite things about summer.

20 - Are you keeping up with your recipe book? June is National Seafood Month! Create a recipe card featuring seafood! Need some ideas? Check out Allrecipes for loads of yummy recipes!

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible
21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo. Did you know you can use patterned paper as texture? Check out this tutorial to find out how!

22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles like this pile.

23 - June is the 6th month of the year and the year is almost half-over. Scrap a half-year in review page or scrap your favorite moment/photos from the first half of the year.

24 – Use different pieces of patterned paper to create a rainbow on your page, like this inspiration piece.

25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? Here’s some inspiration or this one.

26 – Use 100 of something on a page (journaling letters do not count) – 100 buttons, flowers, stars, photos, title alphas, numbers, etc.

27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. For a tutorial, go here.

28 – Create a shape using individual photos on your page like this – think stars, circles or hearts. You could also use this collage maker!

29 - Create a list type layout that uses photos for each item on the list – add numbers and arrows or dotted lines to each photo like this piece.

30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it!

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible
31 - Pick 3 topics about your childhood from the questions below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:
31a - What was happening in the world when you were born?
31b – What is your earliest memory of home?
31c - Describe your favorite outfit as a child, and as a youth. What about now?
31d – What was your favorite hiding place as a child? What is your favorite hiding place as an adult?
31e - What games did you play in your home or neighborhood?

32 - Life Lessons 2011 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Life's Little Lessons Album! One of the greatest things we can pass along to our loved ones is the stories of lessons we've learned in our own lives, so this year we're challenging you to do a little soul searching and create an album of these little learning experiences.
Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:
32a - Sometimes it isn't what you say, but how you say it.
32b - Nothing changes until you do.
32c - There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons.
32d – Honesty is the best policy.
32e – There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible
33 – This month we're challenging you to play with buckets and tins. You can find them all over the place and they are great as gifts, or as storage, or just as pretty little things to make your heart happy. The possibilities for this challenge are endless! Fill a bucket with manly things, or alter a tin to contain coupons for a man in your life with Father's Day coming up this month. Fill a bucket with onesies and other little gifts for a new mother, or fill a tin with advice cards for a bridal shower. There are lots of directions you can take this challenge in, and we're super excited to see you stretch your creative wings this month!

Ideas from around the web…
Pail from Martha Stewart
Gift Bucket
Gift Pail
Altered Bucket

Ideas from the Hybrid Babes…
Sara
Jen
Rebecca

Flex Tip - Be Creative! If the challenge is asking for a TOP 10 of your favorite TV shows, feel free to scrap your husband's or child's favorite shows instead! If it's asking a question, feel free to ask the question of a loved one and scrap a page for them instead.
DON'T FORGET! As you complete layouts for our challenges, you'll be tracking them yourself in one post that you'll update throughout the month. For June, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on July 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker threads from throughout the year to see how it's done!
1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to your tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbered list above and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout. For more information, visit the Portfolio FAQ.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Last edited by *Celeste*; 06-29-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color).

10 – Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it – either make your own or dig some out of a kit!

12 – June is a popular month for weddings. Scrap a page about a wedding – could be your own wedding, your future wedding, the royal wedding, a wedding you attended or a page about all those ugly bridesmaid’s dresses hanging in your closet!

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page.

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques!

27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page.

Last edited by Aggie Aviso; 06-25-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 4

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color). 1 pt

9 –What are the staples in your wardrobe or your kids’ wardrobes? Photograph some of them and include them on a page. 1 pt

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques! 1 pt

19 – June 21st is the first day of summer - scrap your top ten favorite things about summer. 1 pt

Last edited by eranslow; 06-14-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

5 - fill in the blank journaling page

18 - 5 hafta haves

15 - kids toys

Last edited by *Celeste*; 06-20-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Two Point Tasks: 21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo.

Friends by Choice by Misty Cato and Meredith Cardall (used only Misty's part) & Elements: Friendship in Bloom by Misty Cato

JSP-3 – Father’s Day is June 19th

Last edited by marnel; 06-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

2 - Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page.

6 - Ad Inspiration – use this ad as a starting point for a layout.

10 - Use confetti on layout.

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page.

21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo. Did you know you can use patterned paper as texture?

29 - Create a list type layout that uses photos for each item on the list – add numbers and arrows or dotted lines to each photo.

credits: Zoe's Delightful and Simply Stamped Alpha, Traci's Slip-Ins #3, Misty's Date Bits 27 and Font-Teletype

Last edited by Tracyfish; 06-17-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

#7 - Strawberries!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

#14 For the June Portfolio #14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page

With Mother Knows Best by Kristin Cronin-Barrow and Susan Bartolini & Cindy Layer's Templates #95 by Cindy Schneider (modified)
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 30

New Release Bonus: 3 of 5 used
Hybrid Bonus: 3 of 5 used

4 - color inspiration + hybrid point

7 - strawberries + Hybrid point

17 - paper 2 digi

22 - haphazard strips + NR Brotherly Love 6/25 LO uploaded 6/28

27 - sepia photo + NR Bake Me a Cake

28 - shape out of photos +NR DJB Me and My Shadow Light 6/25/11 LO posted 6/28/11

32 - life lessons + new release Brotherly Love 6/25 lo posted 7/1

c:

d:

e:

Hybrid - make a tin:

Last edited by Joana1n; 07-01-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my spot!
Total: 30
NR: 5
Challenge #1 Scrap a Sugrababe: Celeste {1 pt +1 NR pt} NR: traci Reed and Meg Mullens: At The BBQ released 06/4/ LO posted 06/03 in sneak peek thread
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=185589

4 – Color inspiration {1 pt}

6 - Ad Inspiration – {1 pt +1 NR pt} NR: traci Reed and Meg Mullens: At The Park released 06/4/ LO posted 06/03 in sneak peek thread

8- Just Can't Get Enough {Black Eyed Peas} {1 pt}

10 – Confetti {1 pt}

21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo {I added canvas texture to the big photo}{2 pt +1 NR pt} NR: traci Reed and Meg Mullens: At The Zoo released 06/4/ LO posted 06/03 in sneak peek thread

24 – {2 pt +1 NR pt} NR: Libby Pritchett: I Am A C released 06/18/ LO posted 06/17 in sneak peek thread

26 – Use 100 {2 points}

27. sepia photo {i used 3 of them } {2 pts}

29 - Create a list type layout that uses photos {2 pt +1 NR pt} NR: traci Reed and Meg Mullens: At The Cinema released 06/4/ LO posted 06/03 in sneak peek thread

33 {10 pts}

Last edited by nun69; 07-01-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Saving a spot

TOTAL-31 points (27 regular points, 3 NR points and 1 bonus blog point)

#4, Color inspiration, = 1pt

#7, Strawberries = 1pt plus 1pt NR (A Bushel and A Peck released 6/4 and LO posted 6/5) = 2pts

Sorry this is blurry-I've been playing with saving letter sized pages.

#10, Confetti (heart confetti) = 1pt

#12, wedding photo LO = 1pt

#13, use the word Participate as the title, = 1pt

#14, use a bunch of half circles on your page = 1pt

#15, toys = 1pt

#17, paper to digi, = 1pt

#20, recipe featuring seafood= 1pt

#21, add texture to a photo (added snowflakes), = 2pts

#22, use tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles= 2pts

#24, use paper to make a rainbow, = 2pts

#27, use a sepia toned photo, NR Lauren Grier You Give Me A Reason To Smile, released 6/25 LO posted 6/26 = 3pts

#28, photos in a shape, NR Lauren Grier You Give Me A Reason To Smile released 6/25, LO posted 6/29 = 3pts

#29 Make a list type LO using photos for each item, add numbers and arrows or dotted lines = 2pts

#32A

#32C

#32D = 5pts

Blog Bonus Challenge One (Firsts) = 1pt

Total Points= 31

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July

Last edited by AmyG; 06-30-2011 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Me!

TOTAL: 30
NR bonus: 3

#1 Lift a sugar babe - 1 point

#3 Fathers Day - 1 point + 1 NR Bonus
(I used Super Pop, released 6/4 LO uploaded 6/5)

#4 Colour inspiration - 1 point

#5 Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page - 1 point

#7 Strawberry Inspiration, I used the colour red - 1 point

#12 - Scrap a Wedding - 1 point

#15 Scrap about toys - 1 point

#21 Add texture to a photo - 2 points

#22 Tiny paper strips - 2 points + 1 NR Bonus

#23 Half year in review - 2 points

#24 Use patterned paper to make a rainbow - 2 points + 1 NR Bonus

#27 Use Sepia toned photo's - 2 points

#33 Alter a bucket or tin - 10 points

Last edited by brooke22; 07-01-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me here!!

TOTAL: 30
HY: NR:5

1- Lift a Babe +1
Lifted: Jorgies5

5-Fill in the Blank journal pages +1

6- Ad Inspiration +1 +NR
NR: Meg/Traci at the Cinema posted 6/3

7-Strawberries +1

8- Top 10 Songs +1 +NR
NR: Penny 12months-June, posted 6/20

10- Confetti +1 +NR
NR: Meg's Adventure Awaits, posted 6/20

12-Wedding +1

15-Toys +1

17- Paper to Digi +1

------------------------------------------------
21-Technique +2

22-Tiny Paper Strips +2

24-Paper Pieced Rainbow +2 +NR
NR: Melissa's Proud 2B American, posted 6/21

25- Bucket List +2

26-100 of something +2 (buttons)

27- Editing Challenge +2 +NR
NR: Meg/Traci At the Campout posted 6/3

29- List LO +2

30- Home is +2

Last edited by MandaT; 06-24-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

My spot!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Total points: 18

#3: Father's Day 1 pt

#4: Color Challenge (NR DJB I Love Me Some Celeste) 2pts

#14: Half Circles (NR DJB I Love Me Some Celeste) 2pts

#17: P2D (NR DJB I Love Me Some Celeste) 2pts

#20: Seafood Recipe (NR DJB I Love Me Some Celeste) 2pts

#21: Textured Photo 2 pts

#23: Half Year 2 pts

#27: Photo Editing--Sepia (NR DJB I Love Me Some Celeste) 3pts

#28: Collage 2 pts

Last edited by pewtertm; 06-23-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total points = 27

#11 - Going to be okay - 1 pt

#14 - Half Circles - 1 pt + 1 pt. NR (Julie's Fearless)= 2 pts.

#21 - Add A Texture - 2 pts. + 1 pt. NR (Shawna's Oh So Pretty)= 3 pts.

#22 - Tiny Strips - 2 pts.

#26 - 100 things - 2 pts. + 1 pt. NR (KCB's Raining)= 3 pts.

#27 - Sepia Toned Photo - 2 pts. + 1 pt. NR (Julie's Brotherly Love)= 3 pts.

#30 - Home is Where I can be Ugly - 2 pts. + 1 pt. NR (Meghan's JLK is For)= 3 pts.

#33 - Bucket - 10 pts.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley

Last edited by neenee; 06-30-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Banned

profile gallery

TOTAL: 11 pts.

Hybrid: 2
NR: 2

3. How about for the man in my life!!! 1 pt. + 1 Hybrid

11. It's going to be ok inspiration 1 pt. + 1 NR posted 6/23 released 6/25

15. My kids favorite toys 1 pt.

25. Summer Bucket List 2 pt. +1 Hybrid
30. How I look when "camping". No hairdo, no makeup!!! 2 pt. + 1 pt. NR posted 6/7 release 6/4

Last edited by knlchevys; 06-25-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points-8
NR-2

3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life! 1

4 – Color inspiration! Use this ad as a color palette for your page. 1

9 –What are the staples in your wardrobe or your kids’ wardrobes? Photograph some of them and include them on a page. Perhaps you could display them like this. 2 NR Dani's Super Pop

10 – Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it – either make your own or dig some out of a kit! 1

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page. Here’s an inspiration piece. 1

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques! 2 NR All American Summer by Dani

Last edited by jaylensmom; 06-21-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

1. Lift a Portfolio Layout by one of the Sugar Babes! 1 pt + 1 hybrid point

Jen Tapler's Card:

My lift:

4-Color Inspiration! Use this ad as a color palette for your page. 1 pt

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page. 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Meg and Traci's At The Park, released 6/4)
I used page 42, and the prompt that inspired me was, "This week I'm making time for..."

6 - Ad Inspiration – use this ad as a starting point for a layout. 1 pt + 1 NR point (Meghan and Traci's At The Zoo, released 6/4)

10-Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it. 1 pt

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques! 1 pt + 1 NR point (Meg and Traci's At The Pool, released 6/4)

I lifted:

My page:

24-Use different pieces of patterned paper to create a rainbow on your page. 2 pts

26-Use 100 of something on a page. 2 pts

27-Photo Editing Challenge-Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. 2 pts

29-Create a list-type LO that uses photos for each item on the list. Add numbers and dotted lines to each photo. 2 pts + 1 NR point (Meg's Adventure Awaits kit, released 6/18)

33-This month we're challenging you to play with buckets and tins, 10 pts

Blog Challenge 1-Scrap a page about firsts. 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Meghan's price tag alpha, released 6/11)

Total points: 31
NR points (out of 5) 5
Hybrid points (out of 5) 1

Last edited by rach3975; 06-28-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm in...

#14 use a bunch of half circles 1 pt + 1 NR bonus pt (6/4)

#27 Sepia-toned photo 2 pts + 1 pt NR bonus (6/4)

Monthly Total: 5

Last edited by scrapsandsass; 06-08-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot
Old 06-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot!
Total pts = 12 pts
NR pt = 2

#2 - Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page. = 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Cindy's half pack #15- released on 6/11; uploaded 6/11) = 2 pts

7 - Strawberries = 1 pt

#10- confetti = 1 pt

#14- use a bunch of half circles = 1 pt

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys." = 1 pt

19 – June 21st is the first day of summer - scrap your top ten favorite things about summer. = 1 pt

#22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles = 2 pts

# 25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? = 2 pts + 1 NR pt (At the Park kit released 6/4; LO uploaded 6/10) = 3 pts

Last edited by AmberK; 06-23-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys." - (1 point + 1 point NR for Leaving on a Jet Plane Jenn Barrette posted June 2, 2011) = 2 points

1 point primary challenges
1 points NR
points hybrid

Total Points = 2 points

Last edited by LoriJ; 06-03-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 13 Points

Includes 1 NR
Includes 0 Hybrid

Gallery Link

#2 Quote Inspiration: 1 Point

#4 Color Inspiration (+1 NR I is for Kit, posted 6/3/11): 2 Points

Decorated Bucket: 10 Points

Last edited by Happy Now; 06-23-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot! Now that graduation is over, I can get back to getting my 30%.

Total: 4 pts

#1: lift a babe - 1 pt
NR: Summer Staycation: At the Cinema by Meg and Traci released 6/4 - 1 pt

#17: P2D - 1 pt
NR: Summer Staycation: At the Pool by Meg and Traci released 6/4 - 1 pt

Last edited by Paula; 06-04-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL 31 PT

1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this June Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!
1 pt
I lifted Yum from heathergw

1 PT

3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life!
1 PT

1 PT

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page.
1 PT

6 - Ad Inspiration – use this ad as a starting point for a layout. ( I used the paper blocking and muted tones)
1 PT + 1 NR PT (Brotherly Love released 6/25)

1 pt

11 – It is going to be ok! Scrap a page that uses this print as inspiration.
1 PT + 1 PT NR (Half Pack 16 from Cindy released 6/25)

1 PT

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page. Here’s an inspiration piece. (ps the ice cream scoops are supposed to be half circles too....yes??? LOL)
1 PT

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys."
1 PT

1 PT (amazing gallery!!!)

19 – June 21st is the first day of summer - scrap your top ten favorite things about summer.
1 PT

21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo. Did you know you can use patterned paper as texture? Check out this tutorial to find out how!
2 PT

22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles like this pile.
2 PT

23 - June is the 6th month of the year and the year is almost half-over. Scrap a half-year in review page or scrap your favorite moment/photos from the first half of the year.
2 PT

24 – Use different pieces of patterned paper to create a rainbow on your page, like this inspiration piece.
2 PT

25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? Here’s some inspiration or this one.
2 PT + 1 NR PT (SPF 45 from Traci release 6/25)

26 – Use 100 of something on a page (journaling letters do not count) – 100 buttons, flowers, stars, photos, title alphas, numbers, etc.
2 PT

27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. For a tutorial, go here.
2 PT

Blog Bonus Challenge #1
1 PT

Last edited by amystoffel; 07-01-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Maybe...hopefully I can get something done in my spot this month!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

TOTAL POINTS: 3

#22: Summer Bucket List

2 Points + 1 NR Bonus Point (Feet in the Sand by Jenn Barrette 6/4/11)

Last edited by mrs_jb; 06-04-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hoping to play along this month...my spot...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

total points - 2

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her

Last edited by MommaTrish; 06-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

my spot!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total = 31pts

#1 - Lift a Babe - 1pt

#3 - Father's Day - 1pt

#5 - Fill In The Blank - 1pt

#6 - Ad Inspiration - 1pt

#10 - Confetti - 1pt

#14 - Half Circles - 1pt

#17 - Paper 2 Digi - 1pt

#21 - Technique - 2pts

#22 - Tiny Strips - 2pts

#24 - Rainbow - 2pts + 1 Hybrid pt = 3pts

#26 - 100 - 2pts

#27 - Photo Editing Challenge - 2pts

#29 - Photo List - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts

#33 - Hybrid Bucket - 10pts

Total = 31pts
New Releases = 1pt
Hybrid = 1pt

Last edited by chastml; 06-27-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I am going to try and do this this Month!

Total Points: 31
Quiet - Portfolio #1 Scraplift a Sugarbabe 1 point

Cinnamon Rolls
- Portfolio #4 Color inspiration 1 Point NR 1 Point (Template from Quarterly Assortment 2011 Vol 2)

Ponytail - Portfolio #6 Ad Inspiration 1 point NR 1 Point Quarterly Assortment 2011 Vol 2 (6/4)

Berry Sweet - Portfolio #7 Strawberry Theme 1 Point

Telling the Hubby - Portfolio #10 Confetti Use 1 Point

Read to Me Portfolio #14 Half Circles 1 Point

New Toy - Portfolio #15 Toys 1 Point

Elmo Chair - Portfolio #17 Paper to Digi 1 Point

Love - Portfolio #21 Add a Texture to a Photo 2 Points NR 1 Point (Quarterly Assortment 6/4)

Books Portfolio #22 Paper Strips 2 Points NR 1 Point (Quarterly Assortment 6/4)

Pink or Blue
Portfolio #26 100 Things 2 Points

Pause - Portfolio #27 Sepia Photo 2 points

Baby Tin - Portfolio #33 Tin or Bucket 10 Points

First Year 1 Portfolio Bonus #1 Firsts 1 Point

First Year 2

Last edited by banana1282; 06-30-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine!

Total = 30 points

2- Quote + NR Feet in the Sand 6/4

2 points

6 - Ad Inspiration

1 point

8 - Top 10 Songs of the Week (I used You Are a Tourist by Death Cab for Cutie #4 on the Top 100 Alternative List)

1 point

10 - Confetti

1 point

16 - Drive Safe Month

1 point

17 - Paper 2 Digi

1 point

22 - bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles

2 points

24- Patterned Rainbow

2 points

25 - Summer Bucket List (all the things we planned to do on our summer vacation are listed in the journaling)

2 points

26- 100 of something

2 points

27- Sepia + NR Oh So Pretty 6/25

3 points

28 - Collage Shape

2 points

33 - Hybrid Bucket

10 points

Last edited by lovely1m; 06-30-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

me =)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page. (1 point)

6 - Ad Inspiration – use this ad as a starting point for a layout. (1 point)

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! (1 point)

22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles like this pile. (2 points)

29 - Create a list type layout that uses photos for each item on the list – add numbers and arrows or dotted lines to each photo like this piece. (2 points)

Total - 7 points

Last edited by CupcakeJamie; 06-29-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot

#1 Lifting Sugarbabes- Nettos Random Facts layout- 1pt

#5 Journaling prompt- 1pt

#12- Wedding Theme- 1pt

#14- Half Circles- 1pt

#15- Toy theme- 1pt

#17- lift of Pre-K by Stidwell 1pt + 1 pt NR(6/11)= 2pts

#21- Textured Photo- 2pts + NR 1pt (6/11)

#22- Strips in pile- 2pts + NR 1pt (6/18)

#24- Rainbow- 2pts

#27- Sepia Photo- 2pt

#28- photo collage- 2pts +Hybrid 1pt

#31- Childhood starters-
31a)

#33- Buckets & Tins- 10pts
Pink one-

Red one-

Includes- 3 NR
1 Hybrid
Total= 30pt

Last edited by Milmomma; 06-27-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

my spot
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total points: 20
(4 NR points)

1. lift a SugarBabe - I lifted Darla's layout Participation - 1 pt

3. Masculine page about dad - 1 pt + 1 NR pt (LO uploaded Jun 10, NR Dani Mogstad: Super Pop released Jun 4) = 2 pts

4. color inspiration - 1 pt

7. Strawberries - 1 pt + 1 NR pt (LO uploaded Jun 4, NR KCB: A Bushel and a Peck released Jun 4) = 2 pts

15. scrap a toy - 1 pt

17. P2D - 1 pt

21. Add texture to the photo - 2 pts

24. pattern paper pieces to create a rainbow - 2 pts + 1 NR pt (LO uploaded Jun 19, NR Dani Mogstad: All American Summer released Jun 18) = 3 pts

25. summer bucket list - 2 pts

27. sepia toned photo - 2 pts

28. shape from individual photos - 2 pts + 1 NR pt (LO uploaded Jun 17, NR Eva Kipler: Passionista released Jun 18) = 3 pts

Last edited by pomi; 06-21-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I think I need to mark faster next time!!

Ok, first time posting/participating at SSD

I used a texture on my photos which is:
Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible
21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo.

it's not summer here for us, so I did my life-bucket list instead...
25 – Scrap your [summer] bucket list.

total points: 6

Last edited by zoebearsmom; 06-07-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot.

CURRENT TOTALS: - 6 pts.
-----------------------
3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life! [1pt]

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page. [1pt]

26 – Use 100 of something on a page (journaling letters do not count) – 100 buttons, flowers, stars, photos, title alphas, numbers, etc. [2pts]

27. Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. [2pts]

Last edited by color of my heart; 06-18-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Gonna try this again this month
2 - Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page. (2 PTS-New Realease Half Pack 15 Cindy Schneider)

3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life! (1 PT)

4 – Color inspiration! Use this ad as a color palette for your page. (1 PT)

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page.(1 PT)

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color). (2 PTS - used Bushel and a Peck)

16 – June is Drive Safe Month. Do a layout about your driving habits... are you a good driver or bad driver? Do you drive a lot or just a little? (1 PT)

Blog Bonus Challenge #1 (first time to Tampa Zoo) 2 PTs-used Staycation/At the Zoo

TOTAL PTS: 10 PTS

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by jessica31876; 06-21-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL: 31

1 point

1 points

2 Points

2 Points plus NR Total 3
NR Must Wear Socks by Traci Reed posted 23.06.11

25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? Here’s some inspiration or this one
2 points plus NR TOTAL: 3
NR Staycation Collection posted 9th June

2 Points (100 flowers)

NR Summer Staycation Collection: At The Pool Posted 7th June

29 - Create a list type layout that uses photos for each item on the list – add numbers and arrows or dotted lines to each photo like this piece.
NR Summer Staycation Collection: At The Park posted 7th June

30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it!
2 points

33 – This month we're challenging you to play with buckets and tins. You can find them all over the place and they are great as gifts, or as storage, or just as pretty little things to make your heart happy. The possibilities for this challenge are endless!
10 points plus NR 1
Total: 11

Total 31

Last edited by Starlight-Princess; 06-30-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

trying this out this month...but i am new so be gentle

challenge #4: color inspiration
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=188668

challenge#12: wedding memory
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...0&ppuser=31082

challenge #14: half circles
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=188326

challenge #15: toys
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...0&ppuser=31082

challenge 16: driving
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=188760

challenge 23: first six months 2011
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...7&ppuser=31082

Last edited by arimacias; 06-15-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 16 pts
NR Points: 4 pts

2: The One In Whom My Soul Delights = 1 pt + 1 pt = 2 pts (Play It Again, Jenn Barrette and Misty Cato)

6: Ad Inspiration = 1 pt

7: Strawberries = 1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts (Quarterly Assortment -- After the Rain, Jenn Barrette)

10: Confetti = 1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts (Other Ways To Travel, Jenn Barrette)

21. texture on a photo = 2 pts

22: Tiny Random Strips = 2 pts

23. fave day from first 6 months 2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3 pts (Feet in the Sand, Jenn Barrette

24. rainbow 2 pts

Last edited by neeceebee; 06-27-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 3

#5 - Pts 1

#23 - Pts 2
Full Time Photographer & All the Time Mother

Last edited by SarahMD; 06-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.