Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry SO MAD at DS right now

So yesterday me and DS went out to play at the mall...they have those water feature thingy's well when he was done playing we walked around the mall and went to the Disney store and I got him a little Woody toy...He is recently obsessed with Toy Story...

Well this morning I walk in his room to get him up for the day and he broke BOTH arms of the thing!!! I have a freakin Sid on my hands hehe...anyway it just makes me very upset that he doesn't even care....

Sorry just needed to rant!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL at having Sid on your hands!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

that kind of crap drives me nuts!!! i just threw away some toys that didn't get put away last night during the clean up. one chance people. that's it. am i a bad mom?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Um no! I am about to do the same thing to my DS....he has to many toys as it is!! They need to learn to respect them.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
that kind of crap drives me nuts!!! i just threw away some toys that didn't get put away last night during the clean up. one chance people. that's it. am i a bad mom?
Nope you're not a bad mom. I told my kids that when they were little and they picked up their toys. I didn't throw them away, but I put them in a box to give to the "poor kids" aka Salvation Army.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ok! good. well these toys weren't worth giving away. mostly prized pokemon cards. i just think i do enough without having to beg em to put their own crap away. they got the point this morning though.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah alot of Kaden's toys will be going to Goodwill...he never plays with them or just destroys them so ya!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooh, that kind of crap makes me furious! I'd have been steamed! All I ask is that the kids respect their stuff and take care of it.

I haven't thrown/given anything away yet but I did go into the girls' room with a trashbag a couple of weeks ago and helped them "clean" after hours of telling them to get it done and seeing no progress. They were terrified that their Barbies were going to meet an untimely death in the dumpster. They had to earn them back by keeping their room picked up for X amount of days. And that amount restarted every time they had to be told to pick up. We haven't had many problems since then.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG! I so understand! my boys break pretty much everything they touch...toy or not. It drives me sooo insane!!!!! I am about to go in and get rid of a bunch too because I am sick of them breaking them and leaving the pieces all over he place. It drives me nuts!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am glad I am not alone in this!! I know better then to buy new toys for awhile...I mean he is only 3 but i think he can understand that is NOT ok to pull the arms off a toy!!! haha
Old 08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ACK, that is frustrating! One of my boys is that way...Aiden. As soon as he gets his hands on a new toy he is all about seeing what it does and often takes it beyond it's limit. I'll bet it's even more frustrating since I know things at the Disney store are expensive!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

Ooh I'm not there yet with DD, but I'd be frustrated too.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, my kids do this ALLLL the time. I've given up buying my kids video games because they either a) lose them; b) wreck them; c) break them; d) leave them all over the house until they are lost/wrecked/broken. ARGH! Video games are NOT CHEAP. They're not allowed to touch the Wii without an adult because they just don't care.

They're like this with their toys too, but we rarely buy them new toys now anyhow. I need to go through them all and get rid of the junk (broken toys - likely more than half, and toys where most of the pieces are missing), get rid of the stuff they're too old for and/or don't use anymore, and then just let them keep a handful that they like.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My son has little respect for toys right now too (he's 5), but we do two things that help ME not worry so much about what he does with his toys.

1. At Christmas we leave a box under the tree for Santa to pick up. We tell him to fill the box with toys that he doesn't play with and Santa will bring them to kids less fortunate then him, he has done this every year since he was 2 and he has even given up some toys he likes like batman because he wants the other kids to have nice toys too. I donate them to the salvation army or somewhere similar. This helps us get rid of toys, and teaches him that he is lucky to have what he has.

2. Except for his birthday, Christmas and gifts from other people, he buys ALL his toys himself. He gets $5 a week allowance (which sometimes I jsut keep in the bank and let build up for him) and if he doesn't have the money he has to wait till birthday or Christmas to get it. This helps us keep the amount of toys coming into the house down (yet they still seem to multiply) and it also allows me to not care so much about how he treats the toys because he bought it with his own money. Now don't get me wrong, I don't let him abuse his toys, I teach him respect for them, but if he is rough playing outside and it breaks, then I just tell him to save his own money and buy another if he wants it. He is still young, so he doesn't really care if a toy breaks right now, he just moves on to another, but as he gets older he will learn that this is not a good way to treat things you are buying much better. And it helps me not go crazy over the fact that I JUST spent upteem dollars on that and he broke it, because it was his upteem dollars to begin with.

Rachel
Old 08-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2aria06

Arianna's father said he broke all of his toys as a kid and eventually his mom just told him he either had to play with his broken toys or find something else to play with...well, he played with his broken toys. He tells me that story all the time and says that is what he will tell our daughter when she breaks her toys...works for me lol!

Sorry he did that Holly!!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh that would make me so mad! My kids know... take care of your things or they get taken away. I'm a huge stickler about this with video games... if I find DS games laying around or Wii and GameCue games out of their cases, I keep 'em!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is soooooooo frustrating. My DD has a destructive side, so I totally hear ya.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I keep cleaning out their toys, taking away the ones they grow out of, and pitching the broken ones, but I have yet to give away their grown out of pile! LOL, I've got a huuuuge pile of toys put up in their closet just gathering dust. I'll probably clean it all up around christmas and give it away then.
My girls aren't too bad yet with destroying them tho, so I'm glad for that. That does suck it was a disney toy too, Holly, I know they're more expensive! You'd think something he's so into he'd have taken better care of!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

most of my kids' toys (older two kids, that is) are in the basement in storage. They were being horrible about picking them up. When they behave really well they get to pick one or two back out to bring back upstairs. Most of them have stayed in the basement, sad to say ... they just don't care enough to pick up their toys unless mom or dad is on their case the whole time! It's so frustrating. I have done the garbage bag thing too ... have tossed toys that are broken or happy meal toys ... junk they never play with. Every little bit helps!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

By the way ... maybe he thought it could be sewed back on like in the movie??
Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww honey I nkow how frustrating that is, I love Melindas idea though!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I asked him why he did it today and he said he was trying to get him to hold his guitar...(he came with a little guitar)...so I really can't be too mad bc he didn't do it intentionally...*sigh*
Old 08-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mixedclawzz

i TOTALLY feel your pain. My son is 6 and he breaks everything he touches. I bought him a PSP & 4 games for it for his birthday. Over the past few months he got even more games( some from easter bunny, etc.) He came in a couple weeks ago saying his game wouldn't work. I told him to bring me the case with all his games so I could try them all. Well out of like 9 games only 3 weren't cracked and one of them was mine! I was so Needless to say he is not in possession of the PSP(it's put up). Also the other day I asked him to clean his room. I went in for inspection and his spiderman bat is hanging out of the toybox
BENT in half. His little basketball hoop is all bent and broke up too. I am at my wits end with this kid.