Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 06-11-2011, 01:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 3 (1NR)

27. Scrap a sepia-toned photo: 2 pts. + 1NR (Doggie Bowser by Libby) posted 6/10

Old 06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine!

Challenge 21: Texture in a Photo - 2 pts + 1 NR pt

Challenge 22: Stack of Papers - 2 pts. + 1 NR pt

Total: 6 pts.

Last edited by Kiki; 06-11-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL - 8 POINTS

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible
1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this June Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!

2 - Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page.

3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life!

4 – Color inspiration! Use this ad as a color palette for your page.

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page.- 1 Point
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Tx98ulFAwS...journal29c.jpg

6 - Ad Inspiration – use this ad as a starting point for a layout.

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color).

8 - Take one of the top ten songs of the week and use part or all of the song in your layout.- 1 POINT
week of June 25th 2011 Bilboard Top 10 Christian Songs - The Redeemer by Sanctus Real

9 –What are the staples in your wardrobe or your kids’ wardrobes? Photograph some of them and include them on a page. Perhaps you could display them like this.

10 – Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it – either make your own or dig some out of a kit!

11 – It is going to be ok! Scrap a page that uses this print as inspiration.

12 – June is a popular month for weddings. Scrap a page about a wedding – could be your own wedding, your future wedding, the royal wedding, a wedding you attended or a page about all those ugly bridesmaid’s dresses hanging in your closet!

13 - One Little Word Challenge: Participate! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!)

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page. Here’s an inspiration piece.

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys."

16 – June is Drive Safe Month. Do a layout about your driving habits... are you a good driver or bad driver? Do you drive a lot or just a little? - 1 point

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques!-1 Point

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...-memories/?c=t

18 – Scrap about five things you just have to have (ok so you really don’t need them, but you certainly want them!)

19 – June 21st is the first day of summer - scrap your top ten favorite things about summer.

20 - Are you keeping up with your recipe book? June is National Seafood Month! Create a recipe card featuring seafood! Need some ideas? Check out Allrecipes for loads of yummy recipes!

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible
21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo. Did you know you can use patterned paper as texture? Check out this tutorial to find out how!

22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles like this pile.

23 - June is the 6th month of the year and the year is almost half-over. Scrap a half-year in review page or scrap your favorite moment/photos from the first half of the year.

24 – Use different pieces of patterned paper to create a rainbow on your page, like this inspiration piece.

25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? Here’s some inspiration or this one.

26 – Use 100 of something on a page (journaling letters do not count) – 100 buttons, flowers, stars, photos, title alphas, numbers, etc.

27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. For a tutorial, go here. 2 Points

28 – Create a shape using individual photos on your page like this – think stars, circles or hearts. You could also use this collage maker!

29 - Create a list type layout that uses photos for each item on the list – add numbers and arrows or dotted lines to each photo like this piece.

30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it!- 2 Points

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible
31 - Pick 3 topics about your childhood from the questions below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:
31a - What was happening in the world when you were born?
31b – What is your earliest memory of home?
31c - Describe your favorite outfit as a child, and as a youth. What about now?
31d – What was your favorite hiding place as a child? What is your favorite hiding place as an adult?
31e - What games did you play in your home or neighborhood?

32 - Life Lessons 2011 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Life's Little Lessons Album! One of the greatest things we can pass along to our loved ones is the stories of lessons we've learned in our own lives, so this year we're challenging you to do a little soul searching and create an album of these little learning experiences.
Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:
32a - Sometimes it isn't what you say, but how you say it.
32b - Nothing changes until you do.
32c - There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons.
32d – Honesty is the best policy.
32e – There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible
33 – This month we're challenging you to play with buckets and tins. You can find them all over the place and they are great as gifts, or as storage, or just as pretty little things to make your heart happy. The possibilities for this challenge are endless! Fill a bucket with manly things, or alter a tin to contain coupons for a man in your life with Father's Day coming up this month. Fill a bucket with onesies and other little gifts for a new mother, or fill a tin with advice cards for a bridal shower. There are lots of directions you can take this challenge in, and we're super excited to see you stretch your creative wings this month!

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 06-23-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Base Points: 3
NR Points: 1
Total Points: 4

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color). 1 pt + 1 NR pt (KCB's A Bushel and a Peck Released 6/4 scrapped 6/5)

25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? Here’s some inspiration or this one. 2 pts

Last edited by terrab; 06-12-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

4. Color inspiration................1 pt.

Total = 1 pt.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Me!

Total: 4pts

8- Take one of the top ten songs of the week and use part or all of the song in your layout.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...25&ppuser=7899
Total: 1 pt.

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...28&ppuser=7899
Total: 1 pt.

21-Technique – Add any texture to a photo.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...03&ppuser=7899
Texture-Cracked Glass from Grunge Textures (added to bottom photo)

Last edited by profiler_mar; 06-12-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL POINTS = 6
NR Points Used {included in total above} = 2

10 - Confetti (the stars) = 1 pt

17 - Paper to Digi... 1 pt plus 1 NR point (Hey Good Lookin' released 06/18, uploaded 06/19) = 2 points

27 - Sepia-toned pic.. 2 pt plus 1 NR point (Leavin' on a Jet Plane released 06/04, uploaded 06/04) = 3 pts

Last edited by alabau; 06-19-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total - 30pts

1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this June Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts! 1pt

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page. 1pt

7 - Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create (jam recipes, photos of strawberry picking, eating, a strawberry element or even the color). 1pt

10 – Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it – either make your own or dig some out of a kit! 1pt + 1pt NR for Oh So Pretty (6/25)

14 – Use a bunch of half circles on your page. Here’s an inspiration piece. 1pt + 1pt NR for Ice Ice Baby (6/22)

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys." 1pt

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques! 1pt

18 – Scrap about five things you just have to have (ok so you really don’t need them, but you certainly want them!) 1pt

19 – June 21st is the first day of summer - scrap your top ten favorite things about summer. 1pt

21 - Technique – Add any texture to a photo. Did you know you can use patterned paper as texture? Check out this tutorial to find out how! 2pts +1pt NR (Must Wear Socks 6/17)

22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles like this pile. 2pts + 1pt NR for You Give Me A Reason To Smile(6/25)

23 - June is the 6th month of the year and the year is almost half-over. Scrap a half-year in review page or scrap your favorite moment/photos from the first half of the year. 2pts

25 – Scrap your summer bucket list. What are the things you’d like to do this summer? 2pts

26 – Use 100 of something on a page (journaling letters do not count) – 100 buttons, flowers, stars, photos, title alphas, numbers, etc. 2pts + 1pt NR for for You Give Me A Reason To Smile(6/25)

27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. 2pts

28 – Create a shape using individual photos on your page like this – think stars, circles or hearts. You could also use this collage maker! 2pts

30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it! 2pts

Total - 30pts (5 NR Used)

Last edited by Gemma; 06-25-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Total: 2 points (and counting!)

10 – Confetti is so much fun. Create a page using confetti on it – either make your own or dig some out of a kit!

1 Point

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Shannon Tidwell’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques!

1 Point

I lifted:

Last edited by shaynesgirl; 06-13-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

*sigh* Maybe I can reach my 30 points this month!!! I've actually scrapped one challenge so I'm doing better then the last few months!!!

Total Pts: 31
NR pts used to date: 3

#2. Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page. 1 pt

#3. Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life! 1pt

#4 – Color inspiration! 1pt

#5. Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page. 1pt I was inspired by the first "to do" on this page!!

#7. Strawberries are ripe & ready this month - include the fruit somehow in what you create. 1pt

#13. One Little Word Challenge: Participate! 1pt

#21. Technique-Add any texture to a photo. 2pts plus 1 NRpt for using "You Give Me A Reason To Smile" by La posted *6-25-11*

#22. Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles. 2pts plus 1 NRpt for using "Ice Ice Baby" by Jenn posted *6-25-11*

#23. June is the 6th month of the year and the year is almost half-over. Scrap a half-year in review page or scrap your favorite moment/photos from the first half of the year. 2 pts

#25. Scrap your summer bucket list. 2 pts plus 1 NR pt for using *All American Summer by Dani* posted 6-20-11.

#27. Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. 2pts

#30. Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it! 2pts

#33 – This month we're challenging you to play with buckets and tins. 10pts

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by mummytothree; 06-27-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

21 - texture overlay on photo:

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 06-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Kelley

Kelley
28 – Create a shape using individual photos on your page like this – think stars, circles or hearts. You could also use this collage maker!

1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this June Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!

Last edited by kelley; 06-13-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1 point challenges

11 – It is going to be ok! Scrap a page that uses this print as inspiration. 1 point

added to porfolio 6/17 kit used: Libby Pritchett's "Doggie Bowser, MD" in first week of release(6/11).

15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys." 1 point

added to porfolio 6/17 kit used: Julie Billingsley's "Fearless" in first week of release(6/11).

Two Point Tasks
24 – Use different pieces of patterned paper to create a rainbow on your page, like this inspiration piece. 2 points

Sorry the best I could do is rectangle.

30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it!

===============================================
current total = 8 points

Last edited by SandyPie; 06-27-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

33 – This month we're challenging you to play with buckets and tins. 10 Points

Total: 10 points

Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Portfolio first timer!

3 – Father’s Day is June 19th. Scrap a masculine feeling page about one of the Dads in your life!

TOTAL = 1 PT
Old 06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Starting my spot here.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Trying to do better this month....

Challenge #27 - Use a sepia-toned photo - 2 pts.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

4 points so far!

17 -- Scraplift of this paper page http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...ul-summer/?c=t 1 point

26: 100 things. 100 pieces of paper! 2 points plus 1 NR point posted 6/21

Last edited by Nevada Jen; 06-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

My Spot

#1 Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! Total = 1pt

#2 - Quote Inspiration! "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." Use this quote on your page or to inspire your page.
= 1PT

#21 – Technique – Add any texture to a photo.

= 2Pt.

TOTAL = 4 pt.

Last edited by xboxmom; 06-23-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

33 – play with buckets and tins. 10 pts

Total Points = 10
Old 06-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have a feeling I'm not getting very far this time LOL

5 - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page.