Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone else scrapping tonight?

Most of my family is watching the Superbowl, so I'm working on my Passport. First layout almost done, then I have to add journaling and elements to 2 PL pages that have photos and cards already placed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished a page! I have my headphones on so I don't have to hear the Superbowl! I'm definitely not a football fan!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish. I'm working on the elementary school yearbook.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Of course I'm scrapping!! We don't have cable tv, so no watching Superbowl. We'll be fine without it!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just finished making my challenge for our birthday challenges here at SSD. I'm going to post some layouts to IG and see if I can get a page done. Superbowl is on in the background.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I've been wanting to work on my kids yearbook and had said I'd help out with it in the beginning of the year when they were asking for help. The lady in charge of the yearbook told me she was all caught up on it as of right now and didn't need any help though.

I'm sure your yearbook is going to look awesome!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am! We have the game on, but I'm scrapping on my couch on my laptop. I've actually been on a roll all weekend. I hope it lasts!

Old 02-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
I've been wanting to work on my kids yearbook and had said I'd help out with it in the beginning of the year when they were asking for help. The lady in charge of the yearbook told me she was all caught up on it as of right now and didn't need any help though.

I'm sure your yearbook is going to look awesome!

I can't believe someone is turning down help! I have the opposite problem. I can't get anyone! Last year I told them I was going to step down from doing the yearbook. I had done it for 10 years as a parent volunteer. My last child was in middle school last year so I figured I had done my time. Nope... I was guilt tripped and pressured to the point I wanted to cry. Finally, the superintendent offered me a stipend to keep doing the yearbook. I agreed at that point. I work for the district now (and have for 8 years) but the yearbook was never meant to be part of my job description and I do all the work from home (minus a few emails to teachers), so I was spending my valuable scrapping time (or reading, homework now that I'm back in college, etc.) working on it. The stipend helps take the sting away. I enjoy doing it, but it is time consuming. I also do custom graphics for it most years and have been known to purchase graphics as well. Its that scrapper in me! When I first started, I scrapped every page and uploaded them individually. Now I do everything through the site, just adding the graphics myself, that cuts down on some time!
Old 02-03-2019, 09:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I can't believe someone is turning down help! I have the opposite problem. I can't get anyone! Last year I told them I was going to step down from doing the yearbook. I had done it for 10 years as a parent volunteer. My last child was in middle school last year so I figured I had done my time. Nope... I was guilt tripped and pressured to the point I wanted to cry. Finally, the superintendent offered me a stipend to keep doing the yearbook. I agreed at that point. I work for the district now (and have for 8 years) but the yearbook was never meant to be part of my job description and I do all the work from home (minus a few emails to teachers), so I was spending my valuable scrapping time (or reading, homework now that I'm back in college, etc.) working on it. The stipend helps take the sting away. I enjoy doing it, but it is time consuming. I also do custom graphics for it most years and have been known to purchase graphics as well. Its that scrapper in me! When I first started, I scrapped every page and uploaded them individually. Now I do everything through the site, just adding the graphics myself, that cuts down on some time!
Wow, that's crazy! Yea, I would have thought 'now that my child is middle school I'm done' for sure! Glad they are offering you a stipend! I did yearbook once at my old school when I taught and we had a yearbook club and I had another teacher that helped with it...it is a lot of work for sure!

Old 02-03-2019, 11:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm the yearbook 'person' at our Elementary too! It's on my to-do list this week. I should have done that OR scrapped instead of watching that terrible game...
Old 02-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I had to help with the yearbook for the homeschool group, I can't imagine doing it for an elementary school! Good luck finishing up the yearbook!
Old 02-04-2019, 03:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's Monday afternoon for me, but I am working on my 13th celebration layout for LeeAndra's challenge. It's perfect timing for me because I've been stuck on jack's 13th birthday layout for, well, the last year, I guess, since he just turned 14, so I was really happy to have a deadline to scrap it or else my 2018 album might never get finished!