Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Waterproof Camera

I am in the market for an underwater camera to use in the pool or on our upcoming trip to Hawaii. I think underwater pictures of the kids snorkeling would be super fun. Does anybody have any experience with these?

I'm looking at the Fuji Fine Pix XP70
http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-FineP...erwater+camera

or

Go Pro
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Hero3-Ed...=go+pro+camera

It looks like the Fuji is more of a camera with video capability and the GoPro is more of a video with photo capability.

I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we JUST got the go pro this week - i haven't used it yet, though. i decided to go with something that does great videos because we used our babysitter's go pro a lot at the pool this summer - the kids loved to jump off the diving board and have the entire jump captured. they also got mermaid tails so they like the idea of doing little mermaid videos. i'm excited to take it on roller coasters and stuff too

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds fun! Let me know the still photos look if you don't mind!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Canon Waterproof camera for 5 years now (newer version my friend bought and loved for her vacation photos at the beach): http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...erproof+camera

Here are some recent shots I did with mine:

When I was researching them the Fuji had more bad reviews for leaks and while the Canon was not as sleek it had better reliability. But again...that was the D10 not the D20. It is fun and honestly there is less worry about getting perfect photos with a waterproof camera. Its kinda like film...you accept some quirks more.

I'm sure if I actually stuck my head underwater I'd get better shots too...but these are just me holding it below and guessing where to aim it at! Animal/kid mode is key for these to not get motion blur when you start...I learned that.

and no these are not SOOC, I did some editing on them to fix skintones. Underwater skintones are horrid!