Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-11-2022, 08:06 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Is it just me?...

Is it just me or do any of the rest of you get really bummed out when you send an e-mail to someone and never get an answer? This was an e-mail that I would have liked an answer to, even if it was a negative answer.

I have checked my Spam folder, what seems like, a million times. I wonder if she ever checks hers. Maybe that's where it is and she just never saw it.

(insert big sigh)
Old 08-11-2022, 09:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Carla, that makes me crazy when I don't get an answer so I understand your frustration. Especially as you would really really REALLY love an answer. I hope you get a resolution soon. xx
Old 08-11-2022, 11:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just send it again. Sometimes email gets overlooked due to the amount some people get daily, or sent to spam etc... I'd just send again & hope this time it gets through. I even missed important emails from Robin sometimes
Old 08-12-2022, 09:08 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Most of my friends don't even try to keep up with their emails. If I really want a response, I try texting first. I do really try to keep up with my inbox, and even then sometimes one will slip through the cracks. I agree with ^^^ just send the email again and see if that's what happened. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2022, 09:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes, frustrating. I’m impatient too sadly.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That can be so frustrating! I start wondering, did it go to spam? Did they read it and just intentionally ignore it? Was it just an accident not to respond?

But I agree, since it is important, trying sending it again.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will tell you right now I am missing so much. I need to change my email because I get so much SPAM that I miss all the emails I DO WANT to see.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:13 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
I will tell you right now I am missing so much. I need to change my email because I get so much SPAM that I miss all the emails I DO WANT to see.
This is why I check my spam folder every time I check my e-mail. I still haven't heard from her and I will tell you that she is a designer. I don't want to pester her so I won't be resending it.

Thank you all for your responses!
Old 08-12-2022, 11:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If you don't hear back in a few days, maybe try contacting the designer through the forums? I've sometimes seen people make a post asking the designer to PM them, and if the designer misses it usually a CT member or fellow designer will alert them.

I personally have 7 different email addresses that I need to check on a regular/daily basis. (3 work emails for different jobs, 1 grad school, 2 personal, and 1 "bulk mailings" email that I use for things like mailing lists and online orders) I keep up with the work and school emails, but it's impossible to keep up with all 7, especially the higher volume personal ones. If you don't get a response, I wouldn't take it personally and would assume they never saw it.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:16 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I know how you feel, Carla. I hate it when that happens.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm the worst about not replying to emails, especially if it requires a second step, like looking up information, or needs to be carefully worded. Lots of times, I write the response in my head but never actually send it and then forget about it. I always plan to do better, but I never actually do.

I hope you get your answer. It is the worst to wait on someone to respond, I know.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I second the trying to send a message through the forum just in case...some of my older TOUs have an old email address I can no longer access. I'm always paranoid there are people out there thinking I'm ignoring them o_0
Old 08-14-2022, 08:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaW View Post
This is why I check my spam folder every time I check my e-mail. I still haven't heard from her and I will tell you that she is a designer. I don't want to pester her so I won't be resending it.

Carla, you said it's a designer; if your email was something related to a purchase you made, please DO follow-up with a subsequent email or contact the store. It's important to the Sweet Shoppe team and all of our designers that our customers are supported through their purchase process. If we can help, please let us know.

If it's something else, please keep these things in mind: designers, just like the SugarBabe team and our store owner and all of our customers, have real lives. They have families, they take vacations, some have 9-5 jobs and designing is their side-hustle, some home-school their kids and design in the evenings. But the bottom line is that they're human and they're all wearing many hats and spinning many plates at once.

If your email didn't get a response, don't allow your internal voice to tell you a self-defeating story and automatically assume you're being ignored. Instead, give that designer some grace and let your mental story be that they must have a lot going on and your email must have slipped through the cracks. Maybe you sent their email while they're on vacation. Maybe they're ill. Maybe it's one of a dozen different things that has nothing to do with you personally. So be patient and grant them grace by giving them another chance and send another message.

Just a thought!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 08-14-2022, 10:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am horrible about checking my email. I get hundreds a day at work that I have to look at, so by the end of the day, I am done with emails. I am also not a person who always has her phone in her hand and don't plan to become one. I missed so many emails and fb posts from Robin this past week, I know she had to have been shaking her head. lol

I agree with Angie, send it again. Every designer at SSD loves and appreciates our customers, so I can't imagine anyone ignoring you on purpose.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ditto on sending again or reaching out on forum. I have 1000s of unread emails in about 5 different email accounts. I can't keep up! LOL
Old 08-15-2022, 02:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Carla, definitely email again lovely. I hope it gets sorted out for you real soon. xo
Old 08-15-2022, 04:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That could make me mad, too. Checked twice my e-mail but nothing. I always check the spam folder too, but sometimes it may incidentally happens to delete an e-mail before read it thinking it's one of these spam things. It looks like that's important for you so I would try another way to reach the designer if you don't have response yet.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Carla, always resend an email or try a PM in the store or on FB. As everyone above said, things get lost, accidentally deleted, etc. I have one of my email addresses as a designer that forwards to my daily address, but sometimes things land in its spam and I never know they were sent.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaW View Post

Honestly, posting about it here is probably less helpful than just resending the email? Or maybe try a forum PM? A lot of us designers have separate email addresses for our design work that don’t get checked as frequently as our primary/personal email. I make a point to check mine once a week but occasionally I forget. We are part of this store which is known for its great customer service because Robin is awesome and handles that end of things for us… like problems with downloads, issues with purchases, etc… so my direct design emails are usually not urgent business.

Anyways, if it’s important to hear back there’s nothing wrong with trying to reach out again. These days email gets absolutely buried. It’s almost not an ideal form of communication anymore.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:39 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey Carla,

If it's important to you, feel free to reach out to me and I can try to bridge any gaps in communication. Like the girls have said, it's NEVER our intention to ignore any of our customers, but emails do occasionally slip through the cracks. I think we're all guilty of it at one time or another.

I know I have read an email on my way out the door, thought "I'll reply to that as soon as I'm back" and then life consumes my brain and suddenly it's 3 days later and as I'm reviewing my inbox, I end up finding said message again and being embarrassed for being so late to reply. It happens and we do our best.

If I can help in any way, or if I have missed your message or any one else's, pleasepleaseplease try again. I sincerely want to help our customers in any way I can <3

R
Old 08-19-2022, 05:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Hey Carla,

If it's important to you, feel free to reach out to me and I can try to bridge any gaps in communication. Like the girls have said, it's NEVER our intention to ignore any of our customers, but emails do occasionally slip through the cracks. I think we're all guilty of it at one time or another.

I know I have read an email on my way out the door, thought "I'll reply to that as soon as I'm back" and then life consumes my brain and suddenly it's 3 days later and as I'm reviewing my inbox, I end up finding said message again and being embarrassed for being so late to reply. It happens and we do our best.

If I can help in any way, or if I have missed your message or any one else's, pleasepleaseplease try again. I sincerely want to help our customers in any way I can <3

R
I can testify that Robin or each designer have always replied to me and with Robin, my emails have often arrived in her spam or never or sometimes she is busy but when I cannot reach her I send her another little message and I bothers her (I'm maybe the most annoying customer!) but I promise she always answered me with great kindness! Designers are the same! I don't think they would ignore you, I rather imagine that your email got lost or the person forgot to answer you, this happens very often to me personally and it's not intentional. I hope you found your answer Carla!
Old 08-22-2022, 02:23 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Hey Carla,

R
Thank you so much for offering to help, Robin. It is important to me but not so important that I feel the need to get Admin involved. It was just a question about her CT and newsletter. Nothing major at all except maybe my hurt feelings. No big deal.

Thank you again! It means a lot to me.