Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate the PO

So you know, I spent a friggin' fortune on new Copic markers. The girl I ordered them from told me that they shipped Tuesday. After I sent her an email saying that my confirmation code wasn't showing up, she FINALLY mailed them on Friday.

All weekend long, I have dreamt of those damn markers. Seriously. All day today I couldn't wait to get home because I just knew they were here. So I run to my mailbox, throw it open and find a friggin' note. "Sorry we missed you." "We'll redlivery tomorrow at 9:00" UGHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm at work people!!!!! We have those community boxes, with parcel lockers. Throw that puppy in there!! How hard is that?

So I call the PO and ask if I can come pick it up. For no reason what so ever, the stupid lady starts yelling at me. She says you can pick up the package on Saturday. SO I repond, why can't it be placed in the parcel locker tomorrow? She finally agrees with me and tells me to sign the paper and put it in my box.

But seriously....WHY the need to get all bitchy with me?????
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

UGGHHHHH....I'd be SO angry too!! I know you were so excited to get them!

I HATE that they do this!! I finally put a huge note on something I sent to my son, and said to LEAVE IT AT HIS DOOR. He lives in this small town in Texas, and they are never open for him to come get it, and he works 60 hours a week!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh i feel your pain!

So, this just happened to me a week or two ago... i was expecting a package.. it was a SATURDAY, a rainy saturday, so we stayed in ALL day! And we got that same stupid note in our mailbox (and we have our own mailbox). We were HOME!!! Only, I had to mark redeliver or go pick it up myself. I was home! lazy mailman didn't want to get out in the rain!

I hope you get it and have lots of fun with it tomorrow!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

know the feeling!! We were home one day on a Saturday and had a letter (it was actually a check) and it was delivery confirmation with signature needed and the lady did not even honk or anything. She didnt even pull in our driveway!! My husband chased her down like two blocks away in his car and gave her the paper and signed for the letter. She didnt even ask him for identification!!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

at least they know where you live. *sigh*

We have an address that no one can find. Like, most systems say the address doesn't exist. It does.

So, we use our physical address for NOTHING.

But...when it's one of those "don't take PO box things"...we have to use another company...they can't find us. Ever. It's So annoying. It's what we get for living so out in the boonies that we live on S. Wilderness Rd.

Sorry Samara...they don't call it going postal for nothing. Sounds like you had a total beeyotch on the other end!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My mailman is the BESTEST.

He leaves my stuff either on the porch, in the door, or in the garage. When someone drove my mailbox down in winter, he bundled my mail and put it in my neighbor's box every day so I wouldn't have to drive to the PO for it.

When I owned the paper scrapping store and sent a lot of packages, I didn't even have to request pickup, he'd slow down every day and check if I had any boxes on the porch for him and come get them if so.

He just rocks totally.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hate to say, but UPS is not much better. I ordered my son's graduation gift from QVC.com, a toshiba laptop. He was over the moon excited to get it as you can imagine. Well it was scheduled for delivery last Friday (memorial day weekend). Well we were leaving to go to the beach and Josh didn't want to go. He wanted to stay home and get his laptop and then he had plans with his girlfriend's family so he stayed home. He was WATCHING OUT THE DOOR for the UPS truck because he knew it was coming. He saw the woman come up to the door and by the time he walked downstairs she had left a note on the door "will attempt redelivery Tuesday" and left. She never rang the doorbell or knocked. The big door was open, only the storm door was closed, it was obvious someone was home and she still did that. So he called me, and trust me I have not heard my son cry since he was like 4, but my big ol 17 year old boy was in tears over this. So i called UPS and told them they better find a way to get back to my house with his laptop. Long story short, I had to call a neighbor to pick up josh and take him about 2 miles down the road to this business where the UPS lady had another scheduled delivery and meet her to get it. I was told by the UPS lady at the distribution center that the driver literally told her she was in a hurry cause she had 76 deliveries to finish that day and wanted to get started on her holiday weekend. i was also told she was reprimanded for it, and I hope that's so cause that was ridiculous! So I definitely feel your pain!

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 06-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is so crap - don't they know they are your new Copics and you'll love them like a baby?????

Amy that is so bad
Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we've had some baaad mail carriers in the past (at our old houses), but our current one is the BEST EVER! (sorry, angie! )

if we have a package, she'll *always* bring it to the door (along with the rest of our mail). she'll also stop and grab our newspaper out of the driveway. if we're not home, the package is left on the porch -- she actually asked when we moved in where we'd like her to leave them. at our old house, they'd either do the lazy note in the mailbox or run up and throw it on the porch from like ten feet away. also, she gives our dog a biscuit every. single. day. not a big deal, but seriously -- how many of them do that?!

we always make sure she gets a GC at christmas.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh let me tell you how much I don't like the USPS....

We have been waiting for Detroit/Brewer tickets for over 2 weeks now. Paid a pretty penny for some nice seats in Detroit. Ebayer & USPS said they were shipped on the 22nd of May. I check the tracking. Delivered to unit on the 26th. WTF? We live in a house. I call the local PO. Puts me on hold...says he'll have to call me back, doesn't know where they are. Address is correct... Surprise.Surprise - we get them yesterday. Now I wonder if my local PO will call me back...So frustrating!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are all reasonable people, right? It's just frustrating.

At our old house or USPS person and our UPS people were downright awesome. We still run into them from time to time and we'll stop and chat. When we moved here, our housing tract didn't exsist on the maps and mail delivery was a HUGE problem. Our old mail carrier would hold onto our mail instead of forwarding it and then she'd bring it to us!

I do hope my markers come today or you might see this grown woman cry.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate the PO too! Last February I didn't get like 4 of my bills because they "couldn't walk up my walkway" cuz it was covered in snow. Well, sorry but there was a damn blizzard going on at the time they were delivering the mail- I wasn't about to shovel (being pregnant) and then have it covered again a few minutes later! I never received those bills, though- not even the next day or week... one of them was a mortgage bill, too! I'm still wondering where the hell those bills went?!?!?! But yet we always manage to get mail for the previous owners and the previous owners before them- who are DEAD?!?!?! Sheesh!!!!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I HATE the USPS! They do this stuff to us all the time! Drives me nuts!! So sorry you didn't get your package. That it is not cool!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ready for round two...

I got another blasted NOTE in my box today, placed directly on the previous SIGNED note saying that I accepted delivery into the parcel box. Seriously is karma keeping my markers from me?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

That really sucks Samara

It's also why I only ship things to my office. Even when they say it can't be shipped to a business, I've never had a problem, and the receptionist at the front desk signs for anything needing a signature.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there even a remote possibility that the package is too big for the parcel lockers?
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I drove my unhappy butt to the post office and bailed my markers out. OMG, I'm in heaven.......
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Is there even a remote possibility that the package is too big for the parcel lockers?

No, It would have fit just fine.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So glad you finally got them!! What a pain!!! lol