Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-12-2020, 09:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
My goal is using the kits I have purchased and never used -- please tell me that someone else has purchased kits and never used them?????

I am trying to tag and organize my stash and I realize there is so many kits that I have never used.
Everyone does!
Old 05-12-2020, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I started back up this year, I knew I needed to get the kids' books printed from 2010...which meant I had to finish up some of those LO's. I finally got that done, but life has changed so much since then. Now the girls can't tell my son he's adopted because he doesn't have a baby book!! LOL

I am working on a Book of Us that goes from 2016-current for me and hubby.

I used to scrap chronologically, but that just doesn't work anymore, so I'm trying to get major things scrapped and fill in the others.

Goals are just to have fun and rekindle the passion and find my "style" again; and try to get a few books done.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:55 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm back (I think? Maybe?) after not having scrapped for about 6 years. I'm not going to stress myself out with scrapping goals at the moment. I'm already behind from the lofty NSD goals...

Got to get through 2 more weeks of school
It's possible I'm working more at home than I do at the lab
Need to keep my daughter motivated on her Gold Award project (hey, anyone want to learn about garlic mustard?)

Instead, I'm in organizing mode, righting the mess that happened once I stepped away:
All of my Digital Stash is consolidated by artist, and the SSD artists are highlighted for easy access

I spent the weekend organizing my photos. Everything is now by year, with monthly folders in each year. I pulled out the Girl Scout and Boy Scout photos into their own folders by year, as well as my Flower and Butterfly photos. Duplicates in 5 different files are gone! The next hurdle is parting with the crappy photos that aren't worth saving

Now I feel that I actually can scrap! But oy, gotta shake off the rust!

Kim
Old 05-14-2020, 09:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My goals are finishing up my 2019 Project Life, staying current with 2020 Project Life & finishing my Disney 2016 by September! On April 17, I was on 2019 week 16--with 4 or 5 random weeks after that finished. I'm now on Week 49, so that feels super!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm wrapping up my 2019 and I just wanted to be updated with my 2020. I feel like all the news and pl pages that I see that are super covid-19 updated, are kind of overwhelming me in a way that I wanted mine to be like that updated too, you know. Like, in my mind, I don't want to miss something but at the same time I also wanted my pages to have a blance between new of the pandemic and what's happening outside and my family photos as well.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I'm wrapping up my 2019 and I just wanted to be updated with my 2020. I feel like all the news and pl pages that I see that are super covid-19 updated, are kind of overwhelming me in a way that I wanted mine to be like that updated too, you know. Like, in my mind, I don't want to miss something but at the same time I also wanted my pages to have a blance between new of the pandemic and what's happening outside and my family photos as well.
I feel the same why with the 2020 stuff. I'm caught up with January & February, but I don't eve want to look at the other yet.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started out like gangbusters when the shutdown happened, but I have recently lost my mojo. I don't know why - just down, I guess with the same old same old stuck at home. I finished 2018 family album and a trip to Disney. Working on another 2018 trip to Disney (with a wedding) and have started on 2019. My goal is to finish 2018 trip and get 2019 done. I have my son's wedding album (2018) to do as a side project but will work with his wife on creating that.

Making an occasional COVID-19 layout, but not really ready to scrap that yet. I have only done challenge related ones. I'll figure that out later. I do like seeing the inspiration out there for pages and what to document - have been keeping some notes too.

Vanessa, we seem to have similar strategy! I also load templates with my pictures. Especially when I don't feel creative and then going back to scrap them is so much easier. I guess dividing that creativity into 2 steps helps me.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Checking in, how's everyone doing? I'm still scrapping like a mad woman! Seriously, I made this first post almost a month ago. I just finished July 2019! One month left that I have in templates and ready to go. After I finish August, I think I'll do the same thing again, get September - December 2019 into templates and start scrapping. I might actually be caught up before end of summer!
Old 06-05-2020, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have the last 2 weeks to do of PL to be current.

I'm still waiting on my EHD to be looked at/repaired so I'm not doing as much scrapping as I'd like but I'm doing some.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I'm hanging in there and managed to find ALL of my OLD LO's on my EHD!!!!!!!! so I merged and purged those because I had the same LO's in too many different places LOL!
Old 06-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Finished, uploaded, ordered & received my 2019 Project Life!
I think I need to do 2 weeks to be current on 2020 PL.
Right now, I've had a lot of end-of-year tasks to do for my kindergarteners (and admin ) and I'm nearing the end of the planning process for our 17-day road trip/move to Alaska...in a camper which we've never done before. So I've been kind of reluctant to spend more time on the computer for fun after all that.
We're in our last week of school & we feel like we now have most of what we need for our camper (and have learned how to hitch, unhitch, connect, disconnect, fill, empty, etc.) so I'm hoping to get lots more scrapbooking done in the next few weeks!
Old 06-08-2020, 01:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! We were not brave enough to drive when we I was station in Alaska. LOL! We flew there and back. That was stressful enough. the 10th will be 11 years since we've been gone and I still miss it. Such a beautiful, unique place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Right now, I've had a lot of end-of-year tasks to do for my kindergarteners (and admin ) and I'm nearing the end of the planning process for our 17-day road trip/move to Alaska...in a camper which we've never done before. So I've been kind of reluctant to spend more time on the computer for fun after all that.
We're in our last week of school & we feel like we now have most of what we need for our camper (and have learned how to hitch, unhitch, connect, disconnect, fill, empty, etc.) so I'm hoping to get lots more scrapbooking done in the next few weeks!
Old 06-08-2020, 08:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
You're moving to Alaska??? That's so cool!
Old 06-08-2020, 09:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have (it's a problem lol) - I have been trying to match up pictures with those kits I bought with a purpose and haven't used yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
My goal is using the kits I have purchased and never used -- please tell me that someone else has purchased kits and never used them?????

I am trying to tag and organize my stash and I realize there is so many kits that I have never used.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
WOW! That sounds like an amazing adventure!!! Can't wait to see your amazing photos and hear all about it! I have a friend who lives there, and her stories (moose walking through her back yard, a bear in the area) as well as all the things she's had to learn are just so adventerous!

I hope it ends up being an amazing move and place for you! I've heard it's an adjustment, but it can be worth it (she loves it!)
Old 06-08-2020, 09:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My scrapping has taken a slight slump! We've been so busy with grad stuff- rescheduling, rescheduling again, changing plans, figuring things out!

I still need to finish her High School album, but I have Elementary and Middle School years finished!!! I also am working on our Disney cruise from Nov. I had hoped to have that 1/2 way scrapped before our Disney trip this coming Oct...but I am behind on that as well! Is it wrong to want the kids to go back to school so I have more time to scrap? To think, it is technically only thier "last" official week of school! We have a whole summer to go still!
Old 06-09-2020, 10:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're FINALLY almost done with distance learning. This is the kids' last week of school. Since Ben needs a lot of support with schoolwork, it has been taking a lot of my time, too. Now at least we'll have a few weeks off before he starts ESY (Extended School Year, a summer session for students with special needs to help them maintain their academic gains from the school year).

I made an album for my mother's 75th birthday and did a few random pages last month, but I don't have a lot of scrapping progress to report. I hope that's going to change next week. What I did manage this weekend was a lot of organizing. I'm so excited--my downloads folder is EMPTY! Almost everything I'd bought since December was still in there, plus some older freebies that I'd never gotten around to unzipping. (We're talking blog hops from 2017!)
Old 06-11-2020, 04:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a lot of books I had to finish. I started with most of them, but still had pages to scrap.
- Vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2018
- Vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2019
- Vacation to Center Parcs (The Netherlands) 2019
- Vacation to Schönberg (Belgium) 2019
- yearbook 2019

I finished:
- Vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2018 --> Got it in the mail a few days ago
- Vacation to Center Parcs (The Netherlands) 2019 --> Ordered it, but it hasn't arrived yet
- Vacation to Schönberg (Belgium) 2019 --> Got it printed a few months ago
- 2019 yearbook --> Finished but I just need to check if I made any typos and then get it printed

I just need to finish our vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2019. Only 10 pages to go!
And I'm all caught up with my 2020 yearbook.
So I'm doing pretty good I think.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's fantastic!

I need to finish September 2019, and then I'm going to order the 3 books I've wrapped up.

My next steps are to get the rest of 2019 into templates, which should be a little less than 100 pages. I haven't been 8 months behind in my scrapping in years. I think I've figured out that I've completed almost 2 years of scrapping since the shutdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
I had a lot of books I had to finish. I started with most of them, but still had pages to scrap.
- Vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2018
- Vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2019
- Vacation to Center Parcs (The Netherlands) 2019
- Vacation to Schönberg (Belgium) 2019
- yearbook 2019

I finished:
- Vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2018 --> Got it in the mail a few days ago
- Vacation to Center Parcs (The Netherlands) 2019 --> Ordered it, but it hasn't arrived yet
- Vacation to Schönberg (Belgium) 2019 --> Got it printed a few months ago
- 2019 yearbook --> Finished but I just need to check if I made any typos and then get it printed

I just need to finish our vacation to Oostkapelle (The Netherlands) 2019. Only 10 pages to go!
And I'm all caught up with my 2020 yearbook.
So I'm doing pretty good I think.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Good luck! We were not brave enough to drive when we I was station in Alaska. LOL! We flew there and back. That was stressful enough. the 10th will be 11 years since we've been gone and I still miss it. Such a beautiful, unique place.
I will definitely not be doing ANY of the driving! My vehicle is getting shipped. Everyone keeps asking my husband, "Aren't you nervous to do that drive?"...he wasn't, until everyone started bringing it up, lol.
My husband will retire from the Air Force after this, and we feel like this is going to be an excellent final assignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
You're moving to Alaska??? That's so cool!
Yep, that's our next stop! We're excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
WOW! That sounds like an amazing adventure!!! Can't wait to see your amazing photos and hear all about it! I have a friend who lives there, and her stories (moose walking through her back yard, a bear in the area) as well as all the things she's had to learn are just so adventerous!

I hope it ends up being an amazing move and place for you! I've heard it's an adjustment, but it can be worth it (she loves it!)
Thanks! It should make for some good scrapbook pages Moose are my favorite animal, but I've never seen one in real life! Lol...that's about to change! I hope one walks through my yard! Someone from my husband's new office shared a video of a moose giving birth right outside their building. Just watched it through the office window

Last edited by knittingbec; 06-11-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My next steps are to get the rest of 2019 into templates, which should be a little less than 100 pages. I haven't been 8 months behind in my scrapping in years. I think I've figured out that I've completed almost 2 years of scrapping since the shutdown.
Wow! That must feel so good!
I'm going to go scour this thread & maybe a couple others to see if I can find more about your 'process'-- do you get the pics & journaling into templates & then go back to add the rest? That's what I try to do for PL, but I should really do it for my regular pages too.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am glad I found this group to know that I am not alone in the way behind category. LOL I just finished a 2018 trip to DC but haven't printed much in a while....my problem is I need to print layouts.
I took 4 years off to do other stuff...why I don't know. I love scrapping and have missed it. Now I am so far behind on pictures. I have so many trips...I take THOUSANDS of pics on our trips too. Our Disney trip alone I have close to 2000 pictures. Hubby and I take a mini vaca every summer together so I have those trips over the last 8 years to scrap...several big ones like Paris (work trip), a cruise to Alaska, an anniversary trip to the North East 8 years ago. Don't even get me started on the kids...poor second kid. LOL
My goal right now though is to get caught up on 2020 and work backwards since I take less pics now then I did when they were babies. I am also working on our Thanksgiving trip to Universal/Florida Coast. The challenges here are so open ended and provide a lot of help in getting these pages done.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So are you guys going to Elmendorf? I was in the Air Force too, just 10 years. I have a few friends still there that retired there. It is a great assignment. Fantastic food and lots to see, even though its so remote.

You'll see Moose a lot! I saw my first bear on base just a couple months after getting there.

Quote:
I will definitely not be doing ANY of the driving! My vehicle is getting shipped. Everyone keeps asking my husband, "Aren't you nervous to do that drive?"...he wasn't, until everyone started bringing it up, lol.
My husband will retire from the Air Force after this, and we feel like this is going to be an excellent final assignment.

Yep, that's our next stop! We're excited!

Thanks! It should make for some good scrapbook pages Moose are my favorite animal, but I've never seen one in real life! Lol...that's about to change! I hope one walks through my yard! Someone from my husband's new office shared a video of a moose giving birth right outside their building. Just watched it through the office window
Old 06-12-2020, 02:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That's fantastic!

I need to finish September 2019, and then I'm going to order the 3 books I've wrapped up.

Wow, that's amazing Vanessa!

Old 06-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So are you guys going to Elmendorf? I was in the Air Force too, just 10 years. I have a few friends still there that retired there. It is a great assignment. Fantastic food and lots to see, even though its so remote.

You'll see Moose a lot! I saw my first bear on base just a couple months after getting there.
Yes, Elmendorf! My husband has been in for 21 years next week & was planning on retiring this October. We've been at an embassy for 2 years, language/attache school the year before that, and a DOD agency before that & decided that being back in a 'real' squadron at a 'real' base with the 'real' Air Force would be a more satisfying end to his career for all of us. (Especially when we saw our assignment )

Was Elmendorf your last base?
Back when I was a "young military wife", an "older, wiser" military wife (who was probably younger than I am now, lol) said, "your last (meaning most recent) base is always your favorite". And so there was no way Turkmenistan could be our final last base! Hahaha...
Old 06-12-2020, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, Elemendorf was my last base. That makes sense. It's a big base, since it's joint with Fort Richardson too. I'm happy to report, you'll have a Target, which we did not have most of our time there. LOL! It's a great city. You'll have to check out Moose's Tooth, Humpy's, Snowcity Cafe and Glacier Brewhouse. Those were a few of our favorite places to eat when we were there.

Aside from school, I was only at Misawa AB in Japan and Beale in North California (didn't care for it), LOL!

I know you guys will love it! Can't wait to see all of your photos and layouts from there! I was early in my scrapbooking "career" back then, so I wish I would have documented so much more.

Quote:
Yes, Elmendorf! My husband has been in for 21 years next week & was planning on retiring this October. We've been at an embassy for 2 years, language/attache school the year before that, and a DOD agency before that & decided that being back in a 'real' squadron at a 'real' base with the 'real' Air Force would be a more satisfying end to his career for all of us. (Especially when we saw our assignment )

Was Elmendorf your last base?
Back when I was a "young military wife", an "older, wiser" military wife (who was probably younger than I am now, lol) said, "your last (meaning most recent) base is always your favorite". And so there was no way Turkmenistan could be our final last base! Hahaha...
Old 06-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, Elemendorf was my last base. That makes sense. It's a big base, since it's joint with Fort Richardson too. I'm happy to report, you'll have a Target, which we did not have most of our time there. LOL! It's a great city. You'll have to check out Moose's Tooth, Humpy's, Snowcity Cafe and Glacier Brewhouse. Those were a few of our favorite places to eat when we were there.

Aside from school, I was only at Misawa AB in Japan and Beale in North California (didn't care for it), LOL!

I know you guys will love it! Can't wait to see all of your photos and layouts from there! I was early in my scrapbooking "career" back then, so I wish I would have documented so much more.
Moose's Tooth is already on my list, I'll add your other suggestions too!