Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Ugh...shopping for eye glasses

So I waited almost 4 weeks for my new glasses to come and they finally came last night so I went in to get them today...and I'm not 100% happy with them. These photos aren't totally accurate to show what I don't like about them. LOL They seem to tilt down from the center out or something. Plus my eye doctor gave me a lesser prescription because she said my eye sight has improved (how does that happen?) and now things aren't as clear as with my old lenses. So...I chose a new pair (although these are sort of growing on me) but they can't order them until I go back to my eye doctor for a retest! I have to call tomorrow to see when I can go in. I also had to exchange my sunglasses as they didn't look like I thought they did. I hate shopping for glasses...it takes so long and it's really hard to get what I want in my price range!

I am seriously getting anxiety over this whole thing...there aren't a ton of choices for me to choose from and I don't know how much time I have or how many times I can exchange the glasses until I find something I'm happy with.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I know there's a website... http://www.zennioptical.com/.. with SUPER cheap glasses - like as low as $7/pair.. Granted it's online, so you can't really test them out on your face, but at that price, you could get several pairs and still spend less than elsewhere.. All they need is your prescription and retina measurement or something.. It looks like they also do returns, so if you just HATED a pair (or two or more) that's always an option... Good luck, though - I hate glasses shopping too.. I just got new ones last spring, but I'm going to try out Zenni the next time..
Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i use eyebuydirect :]

i think the glasses look nice-- they're a better shape for your face than your old ones :] you just have to get use to them i think.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I use Zenni or my dr's office depends on the year (insurance reasons)... not sure if Zenni ships to Canada though..fyi their refunds are only 50% not full refunds. I just ordered 3 pairs for 35 dollars last week..can't be that

gonna check out that site La

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You have my sympathy; I agree, it is agony picking our new glasses. I have to get a new pair and I just keep putting it off because I hate is so much. I agree with Lauren, you look nice in that pair, but if you're not happy get something different. I think I am going to go for red frame for my next pair.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabau View Post
I know there's a website... http://www.zennioptical.com/.. with SUPER cheap glasses - like as low as $7/pair.. Granted it's online, so you can't really test them out on your face, but at that price, you could get several pairs and still spend less than elsewhere.. All they need is your prescription and retina measurement or something.. It looks like they also do returns, so if you just HATED a pair (or two or more) that's always an option... Good luck, though - I hate glasses shopping too.. I just got new ones last spring, but I'm going to try out Zenni the next time..

I love that you can upload a photo and "try" some on. That makes it a lot easier to choose.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My last ones were red and I would've loved to stick with that color but there weren't any in my price range (2/$199). High index lenses are $100 per pair and I needed the second pair for sunglasses. I couldn't go any higher than the $300 that I'm covered for so I had to choose a thick frame for my sunglasses to hide the thick lenses. The shoppe I got them at does exchanges for 30 days but the woman said today (when I called and told her to wait on ordering my other pair because I might need a different prescription) something about only being able to replace lenses once.

Once I have this all settled I might go to ClearlyContacts.ca and get a funky thicker pair (like La's). I've heard good things about that site.

Here are the other ones I ordered.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
My last ones were red and I would've loved to stick with that color but there weren't any in my price range (2/$199). High index lenses are $100 per pair and I needed the second pair for sunglasses. I couldn't go any higher than the $300 that I'm covered for so I had to choose a thick frame for my sunglasses to hide the thick lenses. The shoppe I got them at does exchanges for 30 days but the woman said today (when I called and told her to wait on ordering my other pair because I might need a different prescription) something about only being able to replace lenses once.

Once I have this all settled I might go to ClearlyContacts.ca and get a funky thicker pair (like La's). I've heard good things about that site.

Here are the other ones I ordered.
Oh, I really like those! I think they will look great on you. Blue is cool and I would never have thought of it.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just had to say, I totally hate shopping for new glasses too! I only do it every 4-6 years or if my pair is broken beyond repair. I've started wearing contacts half the time this past year and I'm hoping it will extend the life of my glasses. The Army only does the prescription, the glasses cost is on us. So I'm gonna check out those sites! (oh and I have reddish/pink glasses and love the color too!)
I think the blue pair are very very pretty! I can't wait to see them on you!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I so hate shopping for new glasses. I went to the eye doctor last Friday for the first time in since 2007 (my bad, I know but I've been lazy about going... considering the findings of my exam, I'm really sad I've been neglecting it for so long though). He said the my current prescription is too strong because now that mjy blood sugar is under control my vision has improved some. He also told me that when I get my new glasses it will seem like they're not right and a little blurry until I get used to them. I spent over an hour trying on frames and trying to choose a pair. I finally picked one, and they should be here in a day or two. I hope I like them as well as the ones I've got now.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmother View Post
I so hate shopping for new glasses. I went to the eye doctor last Friday for the first time in since 2007 (my bad, I know but I've been lazy about going... considering the findings of my exam, I'm really sad I've been neglecting it for so long though). He said the my current prescription is too strong because now that mjy blood sugar is under control my vision has improved some. He also told me that when I get my new glasses it will seem like they're not right and a little blurry until I get used to them. I spent over an hour trying on frames and trying to choose a pair. I finally picked one, and they should be here in a day or two. I hope I like them as well as the ones I've got now.
Check Zenni Optical out. You can upload your photo and try on 3000+ pairs of their glasses. You just need to pick a frame and enter your Rx, and then the glasses will show up in your front door in two weeks. I just ordered a pair from them. Sooooo cute!!! Can’t wait to receive it!!

Last edited by MitchellRam; 03-07-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I hate shopping for glasses too and that's why I've worn contacts for over 30 years I know some people can't wear them and I feel for them because I just can't adjust to wearing glasses all the time - I just can't see as well with them. When you look out of the corner of your eye it's blurry, when backing up in a car and looking over your shoulder they're blurry (because I'm not looking straight ahead through the lenses). And don't even get me started on sunglasses! LOL

I do have a pair of glasses for the 2 days a year when I can't wear my contacts for whatever reason and for first thing in the morning (like an hour) before I put my contacts in but that's it.

Sorry, I know this is no help at all!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

on the new Rx give it a day or so - I think you'll notice that you'll get used to the new Rx!