Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Only you can decide that T, lol. But if you already have a plan, I'd stick to it. (Not that I had a plan and then bought TONS of stuff I didn't really need, that didn't happen at all....)

I finally got my clearscraps album today. WOOT! I don't really have time at the moment to start on it, I'm gonna work on it this weekend
Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad you finally got your album, Col! I'm looking forward to finding some time to get this going over the weekend too. I can't believe there are less than 2 weeks until December already!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 PM

profile gallery send pm

I KNOW! It's just crazy how fast this year is flying by!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Okay, since a few of you asked here is a list I came up with of activities to do during advent... there are more than 24 since not all of them will suit every family. Please share other ideas you have too! I have 20 that I like for my family, but need a few more.

1. Decorate your Christmas Tree
2. Bake and Decorate Sugar Cookies
3. Go Ice Skating
4. Potato print your own wrappting paper
4. make paper snowflakes
5. Have a Christmas Movie night
6. Make microwave smore's for dessert and have a campout by the Christmas tree
8. Make and send Christmas cards to fmaily
9 Make ornaments out of cinnamon clay or bread dough
10. Go shopping for foodbank items to donate
11. Find a secre act of service ot perform for neighbours Can you shovel a driveway and not get 'caught'?
12. Take portraits of one anoth
er 13. Have a family game night - no electronics allowed
14. Go Christmas Caroling
15. Get out to look at Chirtmas lights after dark
16. Deliver cookies to firends or neighbours
17. Have every famiy member pic out a Christmas book from the library and read aloud to each other.
18. Make a gingerbread house
19. Have kids plan dinner and help prepare
20. Declare a red-and-green day
21. Build the city of bethlehm with blocks - or make a stable 'fort' for stuffed animals out of blankets to act out the CHristmas story
22. Have an indoor picnic or breakfast for dinner
23. Write letters or draw pictures for relatives who are far away
24. Make an indoor 'igloo' (a fort with blankets).
25. Make a family of snowmen
26. paint a window in your house with a christmassy scene (tempra washes off)
27. Go to a christmas concert or nativity play
28. paint everyones toenails red and green
29. Have a present wrapping party

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 AM

profile gallery send pm

Lindy that list is wonderful!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Great ideas! Thanks so much for the list.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Those are such cute ideas!
Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
Just when I'm finally feeling comfortable with doing this mostly digi, have my main kits and a "plan"...I find a site that has ALL the products I wanted for my paper album in stock. So...is it really worth another $35-40 to make this album? Oye...
Jumping in here since I have been watching these two threads....Teresa,I am curious to know what you are looking at for a paper album. Can you share so we can see? I ask because I am in the flip flop between paper and digi mode myself. I picked up the Tis The Season collection by Teresa Collins. Then I saw that somebody on the flicker group had used it and I don't know how much I am loving it.....may have to add some green and gold touches or something.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davita View Post
Jumping in here since I have been watching these two threads....Teresa,I am curious to know what you are looking at for a paper album. Can you share so we can see? I ask because I am in the flip flop between paper and digi mode myself. I picked up the Tis The Season collection by Teresa Collins. Then I saw that somebody on the flicker group had used it and I don't know how much I am loving it.....may have to add some green and gold touches or something.
Sure, I'm happy to share! I decided to go with a digi album, but it doesn't mean I love these goodies any less. I wanted to use a combination of some items from each of these lines. They've been sold out at many stores and I finally found a link to Danelle's own shop.

Best of luck with your album!!

http://qbaroo.com/justneedit/main.cf...productoid=163

http://qbaroo.com/justneedit/main.cf...productoid=162

http://qbaroo.com/justneedit/main.cf...productoid=164
Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know I'm late in the conversation, but I'd decided to do the December Daily album too a couple weeks back. I decided to do a 6"x6" album and found the perfect one for me today - the Bo Bunny Bare Naked Binder, which has chipboard pages. It was only $6.99 for the album (and I used a 30% off coupon) and then $1.99 for a set of 6 additional chipboard pages.
So far I've only got about 10 topics, but I hope to build the list as I get closer to the date. Some of my topics include: Christmas wish lists, planning gift surprises for loved ones, making Christmas cookies, decdorating the tree, Christmas Eve church services, Christmas shopping memories (for instance, my Dad would always take me shopping the day before), my favorite things about Christmas, hanging and stuffing the Christmas stockings, etc. I'm getting inspiration from Lindy's list - when I read hers I got 2 more ideas - when she mentioned "make ornaments out of cinnamon clay or bread dough", I thought of popping corn to make a "tinsel" chain for the tree, which we used to do.
I'm going to use primarily Basic Grey papers (both Figgy Pudding from last year and Wassail from this year) with a touch of Imaginesce and some cool epoxy stickers from MAMBI. I then plan to do mini pages (4"x5") digitally with the journaling and any photos and then print those to put in the album on the decorated chipboard pages. I'm about 1/3 of the way through decorating the chipboard pieces.
I'll be interested to see how everyone's turns out....

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Teresa, wow what beautiful papers! I would love to see those IRL. Lindy, that list of activities is so inspiring.

I decided to stick with mainly the Teresa Collins stuff since I already have her chipboard covers. I got some stuff today and, as much as I love paper, I forgot how expensive it can all get. That's why I will have to finish this no matter what. It is going to be interesting to see how well I can merge digi and paper on this project.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

Davita,
I bought some of the Danielle Johnson/Art Warehouse Mistletoe papers and they are fantastic! My favorites are the ones with Santa on the lined paper and the Santa scalloped mat.

Actually, I was coming here to ask for an intervention I've just gone and ordered a bunch more paper products for my album. Col....help me! Tell me to STOP!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:43 PM

profile gallery send pm

Melissa! QUIT IT! LOL! You do not need any more paper stuff! If you're anything like me you have enough to make 2 or 3 of these dang albums. SO STOP YOURSELF RIGHT NOW! LOL!

I'm hoping to work on mine some today. But I also have a few hybrid projects I need to finish up to clear out my space.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I came up with three more things to 'do' in December to add to our advent calendar (and so will eventually end up in my December Daily Album!) and they'll just be plain fun.

Cinnamon Clay Recipe (we're making gift-tags with these this year! They smell AWESOME)
http://crafts.kaboose.com/cinnaclay.html

Snow "glass" recipe (pictures look sooo cool, my daughter will love playing with this!)
http://hurrayic.blogspot.com/2008/02...-for-kids.html

Pine cone bird feeder (got the pinecones and all the ingrediants ready!)
http://www.enviro-explorers.com/pine...ederindex.html

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 11-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey everyone!! I actually got something done today!! I set up my blog for the December Daily project. I have decided to use the blog exclusively for the project. Some days I may do a layout with the photo, other days, I may just post the photo and journaling. Later on, I can decide what I want to do with all the memories saved here. Come and check it out..and leave me some love saying you were there!

http://morrisfamily25days.blogspot.com/

Old 11-23-2008, 03:41 PM

profile gallery send pm

Lookin good Aaron!! I left ya comment.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I left you a comment too, Aaron!

Thanks for the help, Col! LOL! I am finally finished shopping (I hope!). I've got some red Jenni Bowlin papers coming from Scrapbook.com later this week, but that is it {hand over heart}.

I'm so paralized right now, trying to find the "perfect" way to put this together. So, I'm...cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle...home sick today so I can work on it My plan for today is to do all the painting/glittering that needs to be done so it can dry. I'm also going to start cutting my papers to size. I have all my supplies gathered in one spot, so it shouldn't be that difficult to do it...right?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 AM

profile gallery send pm

Oh I know Melissa. I gathered up everything I want to use in the album and it's all in 1 pile on my desk.

The altered dresser I made yesterday took FOREVER. So I got nothing done on my DD album. I bought a package of acyrlic ornaments by clearscraps and I'm using one of them as my "cover page". I put '08 in red chipboard on the front. Unfortunately, I was so excited to even do that, that I failed to think about how I would decorate the back without the glue showing. I thought I would use some pretty pens and just draw some swirls on it, except the pens don't write so well on the slippery acrylic. So I'll be thinking of how to glue without the glue showing tonight, LOL! I might say eff it, and just use my tape runner. It doesn't have to be perfect
Old 11-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapmonkey View Post
I decided to do a 6"x6" album and found the perfect one for me today - the Bo Bunny Bare Naked Binder, which has chipboard pages. It was only $6.99 for the album (and I used a 30% off coupon) and then $1.99 for a set of 6 additional chipboard pages.
This is actually what I'm using, also, but the larger 9x9 book. I *love* these albums and am also using one for my recipe swap

Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OK...just checking in with y'all

I edged my front and back covers with MM Glitter Cranberry paint. I also edged a Clear Scraps star in the same color (I'll be using that as a base for one of my pages.). I also painted a chipboard "L" for the front cover. As soon as it dries, the cover will be complete. W00t! I got a couple of my pages setup as well. I'm not done yet tonight, but I'm not sure how much else will get done.

I'll take pictures tomorrow for a little show 'n tell.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:13 PM

profile gallery send pm

Excellent Melissa! I can't wait to see!!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I thought I would use some pretty pens and just draw some swirls on it, except the pens don't write so well on the slippery acrylic. So I'll be thinking of how to glue without the glue showing tonight, LOL! I might say eff it, and just use my tape runner. It doesn't have to be perfect
For pens, you should use "Slick Writer" pens by American Crafts - they write on photos and acrylic - I've tested this before and I swear by it.
As for the adhesive, you can put it sparingly in various places then cover it up on the other side with various techniques. Here are some I've tried: Prima flowers, word art strips, photo, ribbon, cutout hearts/arrows/stars, decoupaged guitar pick.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
Unfortunately, I was so excited to even do that, that I failed to think about how I would decorate the back without the glue showing. I thought I would use some pretty pens and just draw some swirls on it, except the pens don't write so well on the slippery acrylic. So I'll be thinking of how to glue without the glue showing tonight, LOL! I might say eff it, and just use my tape runner. It doesn't have to be perfect

I ran into the same problem with my cover page. I forgot that I was waiting on one of those "new" purchases as a mat behind my tag on the cover. So now I've got this HUGE (in my best Monty Python voice) foam thing showing through on the wrong side of my cover. I think what I'll do is cut a mat for the back side and glue it in place where the tag is on the cover and put a quote on the mat on the backside. Does this even make sense at this time of night?????

I'm trying to just "Go with the flow"...but the anal/retentive in me is having a hard time with it
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 AM

profile gallery send pm

Yea, I ended up gluing it and saying screw it, I don't care who sees the glue. They shouldn't be looking that closely anyway, LOL! I covered it as best I could with some ricrac and called it done.

I started on one of the acrylic pages. It has a scallopped edge, so I used my crop-o-dile to punch holes in the centers of the scallops, and then I threaded 2 red ribbons through it. Love how that turned out Tonight though, I really need to sit down and make some actual PAGES, LOL!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know what you mean. I spent a good part of the day yesterday working on my ATC spinner Twas the Night Before Christmas project instead of cutting actual pages I WILL make some pages tonight! I think I can! I think I can! LOL!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I've gotten a cover page finished, and also 12 pages decorated just waiting for pics, I'm planning to work on some more pages this week and finish up friday night. We are putting our tree up tonight which will be my pages for tomorrow I think I'm going to working a day behind so I can get up and scrap in the early am while the kiddies are still in bed.

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I think it would be great to post what you are taking pics of...for all of us who have no clue what they are going to do...LOL

Old 11-30-2008, 08:58 PM

profile gallery send pm

WOOT! I'm excited!!

I'm gonna start a new thread for the month of December

PS~What the heck happened to the month of November?!!?