Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anybody Planning on doing December Daily?

I am eagerly awaiting my Studio Calico December Daily Kit...and was wondering you guys are amazing at projects like these. What are you planning on doing? Are you going to go Hybrid or pure digi? Are you gonna incorporate it with Project Life or what is your plans? I am sooo curious!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hybrid here waiting to see what a few designers do in the next few weeks before I finalize my plans, but I already have my album and such
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
Hybrid here waiting to see what a few designers do in the next few weeks before I finalize my plans, but I already have my album and such
What type of album are you using? I want to do this this year, but have no idea where to even start.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

I would like to finish my 2011 December Daily as well as doing a December Daily album this year as well.

Last year, I got all the way through December 24th so I'm pretty much done but all my pages are in my EHD which my laptop does not want to read I keep trying and hope that I will be able to get all my stuff from there!

I am also (way behind) doing P365, but I will continue to do that, but separately to my december album. I want to do mine all digital so that I can print as a book when done.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_A View Post
What type of album are you using? I want to do this this year, but have no idea where to even start.
This year I am doing a basic grey naked chipboard album in 8x8 size. Last year I hand bound my album, which was fun...but I'm trying something new. I used Nettio's holiday faves album as my base last year, and I will probably do so again this year.

My biggest tip is to decide now on a size, kit, etc. and get prepping. Last year I had all of my left side pages done except journaling before thanksgiving, and only had ot add journaling and right side pages as I went. I also gave myself a new years eve deadline for completeing it.
Here is my 2011:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennife...7628641590063/
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to be doing round 2 of my Holiday Faves hybrid mini album since it worked so well for me last year. This post has a little video slideshow of my finished album: http://www.nettiodesigns.com/2012/01...-this-project/ I loved how it turned out and that I actually finished it after 3 failed attempts at December Daily!

I love the idea of December Daily in theory - I just haven't found the daily-ness of it to be a good fit for my life when we're always traveling for the holidays and such. I'm excited!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yayyy lynnette!!! i was hoping you would be <3 <3 <3

I was thinking of doing something but I just don't do something special every.single.day and I know I'd feel like more of a failure than anything if i were to attempt something huge like that

can't wait to see!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not, but I am starting project life for the first time this month!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it again - I think this will be my 4th year? Well - only 3 years I have actually finished the scrapping part... haha! I'm doing all digi, again... and it's separate from P365...

I hear ya about some days aren't very "holiday" related... one year I did more of a "Traditions" book.. so it wasn't really Daily, just 25 holiday things we do from listening to Christmas Music to watching holiday movies to picking out an special ornament. That helped fill in the spots around holiday baking and shopping... and the actual days, of course...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On days when we didn't do something holiday related, I talked about our favorite holiday music, decorations, traditions, etc.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lynnette, your album is AMAZING! You may have convinced me to do a Holiday Faves instead of December Daily...I'm so confused! lol
Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd LOVE to see links to other's completed albums!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I am! I just did a blog post with my foundation pages sneak peek yesterday!

http://tracireed.com/news/2012/11/de...participating/

I'm doing paper/hybrid with Simple Scrapper's kit!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

Here's a link of my 2009 digital book

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8971981...7631944218321/
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_A View Post
Lynnette, your album is AMAZING! You may have convinced me to do a Holiday Faves instead of December Daily...I'm so confused! lol
Thanks Laura! You should totally do it! I didn't find Holiday Faves to be all the different from December Daily in terms of the stories I told but it was a LOT less work and I didn't end up feeling like I was chained to my scrap desk every night trying to keep up.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it again. I'm still working on my 2011 album but it should be finished this week (even if it kills me). This year I plan to be a little more organized. I've organized all my Christmas kits in one folder and now I have to pick out a few templates to use.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I am way excited. You know it's officially the season when Ali posts her foundation pages on her blog like she did this week!

I am doing mine all digitally. I use a set of coordinating templates where there's a big cluster of photo spots, paper pieces, etc. in the middle of the page, so I keep the background paper and whatever 'outside' bits e.g. brushes, glitter, etc. the same on each page and then use different kits for the 'inside' parts. I pull all my favorite Christmas kits + elements into a Christmas folder so I don't have to hunt around on the EHD for what I want when I'm ready to scrap.

Mine is 12 x 12 (printed as 8 x 8). I love the smaller sizes that other people use, but since I journal so much on my pages, the smaller size doesn't work well for my album.

I usually run it from the weekend after Thanksgiving through the last family Christmas celebration, but with Thanksgiving being so early this year and us not celebrating with my family until the 29th of December, that's a little too much time for me to have to fill!

I know you're 'allowed' to capture non-Christmas things in it, but I don't. I call it my 'Countdown to Christmas' book, so it's all Christmas, all the time. When we are not doing something particularly Christmas-y that day, I write about my favorite Christmas songs, books, movies, past Christmases, compare and contrast things that are different in our lives this Christmas from the last Christmas, etc etc.

I *don't* do my book ahead of time. *gasp* That just doesn't work for me. I enjoy being able to get one page done every night, and as long as I make sure I do that (almost) every night, I don't get too behind or overwhelmed.

I had it printed as a softbound book at Viovio. I it.

Not sure if you can see this, but here's a link to it: http://www.viovio.com/products/edit....ucts_id=116273

KRISTIN, I will hold your hand and help you work through your first DD if you want.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am... gonna be hybrid again this year... but that's all I have planned so far LOL
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am and it will be hybrid/paper and smallish so it all goes through my printer nicely

I am at work right up until the 21st this year but then I'm off for 2 weeks of school holidays so mine will be a '2 weeks of Christmas' book. I've tried in the last to do the full month but when I'm working not much happens in my life that is exciting enough to add to a December Daily book!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm doing it again. I do a combo of December Daily and Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas prompts. I've done JYC for several years now and after a certain point I felt like I'd done all I can do with some of the prompts. But I fail at Decemebr Daily because the vast majority of the month are just regular day & I'm already doing P365 so December Daily seems a bit silly for me. So last year I mixed Shimelle's prompts in with December Daily and it was nice to have the topics to mix in with the actual festive activities. We'll be traveling this year for a change so I am hoping for a decent amount of actual holiday stuff this time around.

I do digi 12x12 pages with an assortment of 8-10 holiday kits. I keep the pages similar in style by using the same text font, number stamp & an overall layout design. Last year it was the framing

Then I get them printed as photo book, usually at 8x8, by whoever has the best sale price when I finish all the pages.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG I love all the finished albums and ideas!!! You guys are so inspiring!

@Lynnette...IDIE another Holiday Faves??? loved the 1st one so this is just gonna get better! <3

The SC Kit has a 4x6 Album in it but I got a real pretty Martha Stewart Binder and the inside are 6x9. I also got extra pockets and some of them have 3.5x2.5 pockets and 6x4.5 so I am tempted to go with that route. Only thing I dont like is that I cannot print 2 pages on one sheet of paper but I think what I am gonna do is use large photos and smaller ones almost like I do with my Project Life photos and then do the remainder as hybrid. Dont know if that makes sense but will have to see...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Koegelenberg View Post
@Lynnette...IDIE another Holiday Faves??? loved the 1st one so this is just gonna get better! <3
Thanks Mari!

And yes, being able to print two pages on a single sheet was a huge reason I went with the 5x7 size and likely will again this year. I've done a few other sizes in the past, 8x8 and 6.5x8.5 with mixed up page sizes and while I LOVE the look, it is so much more hassle to deal withall the different pages sizes. Plus I felt like I wasted so much paper printing things out.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I did mine all digi last year...printed in an 8x8 book.

Loved the project... I did Ali's recommendation of one story a day, sometimes they were Christmas related, sometimes they weren't. I did use all Christmas kits (a wide variety) and kept the continuity with the same countdown box and date stamp.

I did pretty good at getting my page done each night...I think I printed around December 28th...

I definitely want to do this again in the future, but this year we're taking a week long trip (sans kiddos), so maybe next year...

If you're on the fence about doing this...go for it! The end result is sooo worth it!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am! I didn't do it last year and I really regretted it. I've had such positive feedback on the one I did in 2010. Here is the finished album on Shutterfly

I'm really torn this year. I love the size that Ali is doing but I think I might end up thinking that is too small. I REALLY want to do a hybrid album. May I should go shopping this weekend!

Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
I am! I didn't do it last year and I really regretted it. I've had such positive feedback on the one I did in 2010. Here is the finished album on Shutterfly

I'm really torn this year. I love the size that Ali is doing but I think I might end up thinking that is too small. I REALLY want to do a hybrid album. May I should go shopping this weekend!
If you're looking for something for hybrid, you may want to wait a week...just sayin'.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm going to take the plunge and do one this year. I've been having fun with hybrid albums lately, so I think I may use a mix of traditional and digi supplies. I'm thinking of doing an 8x8 album with 5x7 photo and journaling inserts. Still mulling it over...
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will probably do a digi album this year. I started last year but my MIL ended up in the hospital and with DH down with her and my two girls, it was hard to keep going.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
If you're looking for something for hybrid, you may want to wait a week...just sayin'.
ok, twist my arm

Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Lynnette, I love the adorable paper with the little houses & trees on the inside of your front & back covers! Was that paper from a digi kit??? MUST HAVE IT!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Lynnette, I love the adorable paper with the little houses & trees on the inside of your front & back covers! Was that paper from a digi kit??? MUST HAVE IT!!!
Sadly no, that's a non-digi paper by Little Yellow Bicycle from at least a year, maybe more ago. I wish it was digi - I used all mine up and it's SO cute. I have one little square left that I'm hoarding.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Sadly no, that's a non-digi paper by Little Yellow Bicycle from at least a year, maybe more ago. I wish it was digi - I used all mine up and it's SO cute. I have one little square left that I'm hoarding.
I would totally do the same thing. You should find a miniature frame for it and make it a Christmas ornament.

ETA: just realized I winked at you twice. Consider yourself wink-able.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Went to Archiver's today to check out what they have....ended up spending around $50! LOL Bought my album (6x6), white cardstock and some other fun stuff. I'm excited to get my album started!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am waiting for my Studio Calico kit too! I can't wait to get it! I also have Lynette's Holiday Favs set from last year and I loved that too
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Ohh, Love all your ideas. I got the Studio Calico kit and am using it and going to find some coordinating digi kits (which of Traci and Meg's awesome collection??) and using Cindy's December daily number templates for each page. LOVE December daily!!!

Last edited by jennv; 11-14-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I *wish* I could be organized enough to do December Daily, but I don't think I'll be able to manage it!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

What is the Studio Calico kit? I like doing hybrid.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I'm not, but I am starting project life for the first time this month!