Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Wanna see my house??

I'm so proud of all the work we've done in the past few weeks on our new home - for those of you that have not seen my endless facebook obsessing - back in NOVEMBER we put in an offer on a short sale home and since then we agonizingly waited until it all finally worked out mid-may.
It needs tons of tlc, but we have come so far! Just wanted to share it with my SSD peeps <3 Thank you to everyone that has been rooting us along!

http://mylittlescraps.com/blog/2013/06/3-weeks-in/

I am just brimming with positive energy from everyone and it has meant so much to me!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness. It's amazing! How many square footage is that baby?! lol. Make sure you keep posting updates. I can't wait to see it all.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting! Congrats, Shawna!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
Oh my goodness. It's amazing! How many square footage is that baby?! lol. Make sure you keep posting updates. I can't wait to see it all.
Thank you! It is HUGE like 4400 sq feet I think. I feel so so blessed that we were able to find it as a short sale because we never could have afforded a house of this size another way. We are going from a tiny house so I just am ecstatic about the space!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Shawna - Wow! You've put a lot of work in already -but it's looking fabulous!!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you and your family to have this wonderful place to live.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So much work!!! So so so exciting though!!! I'm so happy y'all ended up with the house and you'll get so much satisfaction on making it your own! It's places like these that make me ill to think about the family that lived in such a mess. Even if time and emptiness has made it worse...it had to be bad to begin with! Yuck!!

Old 06-10-2013, 11:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

All your hardwork is paying off, your home is looking great!

Old 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Congrats Shawna that is a lot of work you put in! Space always feels sooooooo good!!!! My husband and I were talking about how we needed more space or maybe to just send one of the kids off to college
Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Um, wow!! You been kicking some cleaning booty!!! It is looking awesome!!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I absolutely LOVE IT! That's the kind of thing we're hoping to find in a year or so when we sell this house. I can't believe the difference in your kitchen!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It looks great, and I am so impressed with your mad cleaning skillz!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can I just say how totally awesome of a mom you are letting the boys pick out their colors! I just love the stripes/1/3 wall with peaks, etc! I want yall to come do my room!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow - you have done amazing work in such a short time! I'm exhausted just reading all you have done! Haha.... Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to hear more!!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow you sure have put in a TON of work. Love the grey paint and the fun unique painting in each of the boys rooms! I bet they are excited to all get into the house!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Looks so awesome Shawna! I'm making note of all your cleaning solutions.

When do you get to move-in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
My husband and I were talking about how we needed more space or maybe to just send one of the kids off to college
We have a good size house with 4 bedrooms (well 5 if I didn't take one for an office), but with 4 boys we had always been full-up. For the first time we have one son out of the house pretty permanently and another one going off to college this fall. The twins will finally get their own rooms and we will still have a guest room to spare. So yes, that DOES work!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

it's looking fabulous! I love seeing all your updates and am so excited to watch you guys transform the place into your dream. I'd love to hear a list of things you want to eventually do to the house- small and big!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

looking awesome...and you have done some serious work there chica!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WOW!!! You have come a long way! The kitchen looks fabulous! And I actually love all the boys choices for their rooms
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OH Shawna!!!! I'm in LOVE with your house and all the hard work you've put into it... totally reminds me of our shortsale too... the first thing I tore down were the dark wood (broken) blinds LOL... and cleaned the nasty caked in nastiness kitchen cabinets and counter... I look forward to seeing more of your work to make this house your home <3
Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It looks fantastic Shawna! I think it's great that you could see past all the grime and dirt, to the potential of the house.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
it's looking fabulous! I love seeing all your updates and am so excited to watch you guys transform the place into your dream. I'd love to hear a list of things you want to eventually do to the house- small and big!
Are you requesting a Listy McListerson?

Looks awesome Shawna! How exciting for you guys to have all that room!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I really love the paint job in your boys' rooms. Those are so neat...especially the green. I can only imagine how good it feels to put "your stamp" on your home. You have definitely been working hard...congrats on your house and the progress!

Old 06-10-2013, 05:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The paint jobs are so cool!!! Lots of progress and huge Congrats on your home

Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow, it's looking great! Congrats
Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

It's simply beautiful Shawna!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

AMAZING job, Shawna!!! I attempted to post a comment on FB when you shared your first blog post about the house... (it kept crashing and I gave up after my 3rd attempt) the one where you go through the whole house right after you bought it? It had me crying happy tears for you & your family. God is so good!!! What an amazing blessing this house is. I admire how much you've accomplished in these past 3 weeks! WOW! It looks great!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What an amazing transformation!!!! Love it!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Are you requesting a Listy McListerson?
maybe I am! but not intentionally hahahha
Old 06-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That's so awesome, Shawna! I am so glad its all coming together for you. My Nicholas wanted red walls, I couldn't think of a way to tone that down so I talked him into blue and he chose slate blue (again, it was in his last room). lol I am glad you were able to find the right colors for your boys.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
AMAZING job, Shawna!!! I attempted to post a comment on FB when you shared your first blog post about the house... (it kept crashing and I gave up after my 3rd attempt) the one where you go through the whole house right after you bought it? It had me crying happy tears for you & your family. God is so good!!! What an amazing blessing this house is. I admire how much you've accomplished in these past 3 weeks! WOW! It looks great!
awww, I'm so touched - i've had a lot of happy tears too

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments, it is so nice being able to share my excitement with you all

Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
There are SO many things we have on our list, lots of little details and big ones too - but there are a few things that are higher up on the list.

-Cleaning out the pool, finding a new home for all the koi, and getting it all ready for swimming!! We would love to get that done sometime this summer so we can enjoy it soon!

-I want to eventually replace the counters in the kitchen, maybe the cabinets - but in the nearer future I do want to repaint them white so that I can get away from all that forest green! Also, stripping all the wallpaper in the kitchen and dining area so that I can paint it all.

-We are going to paint g's office and my studio asap - it involves stripping some wallpaper borders and in my studio I'm planning to paint the floor hot pink... it may go terribly wrong, but I have a total vision in my brain, I'm hoping I can pull it off!!

-I need to paint the upstairs livingroom/entry/hall - it is all ljust a dull dirty white right now - but I love the space so much that I'm nervous!! I need to get a vision for it - oh and it needs window treatments too.

-along those same lines, the carpet upstairs needs replacing too, but i have no idea what i want to put there, hardwoods are so pretty, but part of me loves carpet still... luckily that isn't in the budget for a long time, so i have plenty of time to think it through

-I want to re-paint all of the bathrooms (and that is FOUR different ones so that is a job in itself!) The one in the basement for the boys is currently painted a very pee colored yellow - ewww! I can assure you that no mom of four boys in her right mind would ever make that color choice for a bathroom - the pee on the floor situation is bad enough with out having to deal with the whole room looking like it is covered in it!

Sounds like a lot, and I know there are tons of other things, but it is really exciting because as we do these things the house just becomes more and more like the sort of house I've always dreamed of - so super exciting and humbling at the same time.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Congrats Shawna...love the boy's rooms with the unique paint jobs

can't believe the difference the paper makes in the cabinets

so happy for y'all!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post
There are SO many things we have on our list, lots of little details and big ones too - but there are a few things that are higher up on the list.

-Cleaning out the pool, finding a new home for all the koi, and getting it all ready for swimming!! We would love to get that done sometime this summer so we can enjoy it soon!

-I want to eventually replace the counters in the kitchen, maybe the cabinets - but in the nearer future I do want to repaint them white so that I can get away from all that forest green! Also, stripping all the wallpaper in the kitchen and dining area so that I can paint it all.

-We are going to paint g's office and my studio asap - it involves stripping some wallpaper borders and in my studio I'm planning to paint the floor hot pink... it may go terribly wrong, but I have a total vision in my brain, I'm hoping I can pull it off!!

-I need to paint the upstairs livingroom/entry/hall - it is all ljust a dull dirty white right now - but I love the space so much that I'm nervous!! I need to get a vision for it - oh and it needs window treatments too.

-along those same lines, the carpet upstairs needs replacing too, but i have no idea what i want to put there, hardwoods are so pretty, but part of me loves carpet still... luckily that isn't in the budget for a long time, so i have plenty of time to think it through

-I want to re-paint all of the bathrooms (and that is FOUR different ones so that is a job in itself!) The one in the basement for the boys is currently painted a very pee colored yellow - ewww! I can assure you that no mom of four boys in her right mind would ever make that color choice for a bathroom - the pee on the floor situation is bad enough with out having to deal with the whole room looking like it is covered in it!

Sounds like a lot, and I know there are tons of other things, but it is really exciting because as we do these things the house just becomes more and more like the sort of house I've always dreamed of - so super exciting and humbling at the same time.
this sounds like an awesome list, a mix of big things that will really change how things are and smaller things that will make a big impact and are doable sooner.
Good luck with the wallpaper stripping- the house I grew up in was completely wallpapered and by the time we moved out we had stripped it out of every room but the formal dining/living area.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love seeing projects like this in progress!! It's looking awesome so far, can't wait to see more!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is coming along so well, Shawna! Congrats on the progress - it looks fabulous!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, what a transformation! I can't believe how much you've gotten done in 3 weeks. Love the boys' rooms, especially the black wall with black stripes.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
We have a good size house with 4 bedrooms (well 5 if I didn't take one for an office), but with 4 boys we had always been full-up. For the first time we have one son out of the house pretty permanently and another one going off to college this fall. The twins will finally get their own rooms and we will still have a guest room to spare. So yes, that DOES work!
YAH!!! heheh I cant wait, I am sure it will be bitter sweet.