Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default happy thoughts please :)

My dad is having some really bad luck. here's the story.

my dad had a car accident about 2 months ago. he had just gotten a new job after being on unemployment for several years. he didn't have insurance yet on his truck. he had only been working for 2 weeks and hadn't gotten around to it. he was heading home on the 2 lane highway, going about 60 when this girl pulled right out in front of him. he had no time to hit the brakes; he just turned and clipped her and spun her car clear around. totaled his truck. he was not wearing a seat belt (i am ALWAYS yelling at my dad about that!) and he hit his steering wheel and bent it, his knees crashed into the dash and he hit his head on the door window, putting a gash in his temple and gave him a concussion. he was extremely lucky he didn't fly out the windshield. the witness couldn't believe how quickly he reacted and turned the wheel. the fireman/cop whatever said that if he had hit her head on without turning his wheel they would have probably both been killed; the girl had 2 kids in the backseat too! it was plainly her fault, but guess what; she didn't have insurance either! so he has been off work for weeks because his knee is really messed up. he's using crutches and has a cane too. his job is giving him the runaround about whether he'll have a job once the doctor says he can come back, so he had to leave his apartment because he didn't have the money to keep up his rent. as for the accident, since they both didn't have insurance, nothing seems to be happening about it. its like they have just forgotten about it. no charges were filed at all, at least not that we know of. so my dad is now homeless, staying with whomever he can and is going to at least get food stamps. but he can't get unemployment because he was only working for 2 weeks. i have no room for him, but have told him repeatedly that he can sleep on my couch or in the girls' room even. the poor guy just can't catch a break! we joke about it but its seriously frustrating how bad his luck is. things were starting to look up for him when he got that job and now he's without work again only in worse shape now because his knee is messed up and can't get unemployment again. i feel totally helpless and wish i could fix things. but i can't. he's the best dad in the world, the greatest grandpa to my kids and he's struggling so much and its not fair.

maybe some positive thoughts or prayers could do some good for him

thank you
Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Happy thought from me to you.....it seems we both are a little sad at the moment.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am sorry to hear that. Sounds like a lot for one person to deal with. I hope it turns around for him!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

positive thoughts and prayers coming from me.