Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2024, 11:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Met my husband near Superbowl Sunday.

Past once bribing my daughter into putting on 'football' glasses so that I could scrap the photo with my own kit, and making chicken wings most years, we have no big parties or rituals for Superbowl.

Years and years back my husband first saw me when I was at a bar with a guy and his friends watch the last football game before superbowl. He left when he saw the guy I was with disgruntled that I would date a guy like that. I was also disgruntled and knew I would not be going out with the guy again. Fast forward to just after Valentine's Day, my husband saw me at the gym, laughing with my girlfriend as we attempted sit-ups on a slanted sit-up board. At first he didn't realize I was the same girl from the sports bar, but I quickly donned the same shirt I had worn and two and two clicked.

And here we are still together 30 years later.

That's my how we met and my superbowl story. LOL.

How did you meet your significant other?
How do you spend superbowl - any traditions?
Old 02-08-2024, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I met when we were 15 through a mutual, not real exciting but it has lasted forever.

Our super bowl tradition is to not watch it hahah. My husband is a computer guy so obvi hates sports lol
Old 02-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I met my husband when I was 17...He was a customer in the shoe store I worked at at the time. He had a letterman jacket and I noticed he was the third so I looked him up in the phone book(I am dating myself here..LOL). I called and funny enough asked his DAD out bc they have the same names before he told me that I was looking for his son. He was on a ski trip so I called back a week later and 28 years this month we have been together. My wonderful FIL reminds me of the story a lot!
We have been married for almost 22 years now...

No real super bowl traditions...we have hosted super bowl parties in the past but prefer a quiet night at home now. The youngest will go to a party with the youth group at church...not sure what the oldest kid's plan is...he is a 70 year old man trapped in a 19 yr olds body so he will probably be watching with us.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hubby and I met online We talked for about a year before meeting, in that year we each were dating other people and the timing wasn't right. Then in June '04 we started chatting on the phone and met a few weeks later. We were long distance (4 hours apart) and he moved a couple weeks later, 2 more hours away from me lol 6 months later he quit, moved to my area and in with me. 4 months after that, engaged, and it's been nearly 20 years now.

I love reading everyone's stories!

Old 02-08-2024, 08:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Love your how you met stories. They are always fascinating, even the simple ones that started with high school dating.

I be my real tradition with the superbowl is actually to tape it so I can go back and watch the commercials.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I "met" my husband on Yahoo personals in May of '02... then he ghosted me for a few months before out of the blue contacted me again - he said he told me that he had to travel to Italy for business, but he did not. I almost ghosted him. lol. But we met for the first time on Sept 4. He wasn't looking for any more than someone to go to concerts with, etc. (Back then as a DJ he got tickets to almost every country concert that came into the area). Then I guess I grew on him ... and we got married on Sept 4 '04.

We'll watch the game and make some fun game foods... because the kid is obsessed with football... I will probably watch Bravo on the other tv.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I "met" my husband on Yahoo personals in May of '02... then he ghosted me for a few months before out of the blue contacted me again - he said he told me that he had to travel to Italy for business, but he did not. I almost ghosted him. lol. But we met for the first time on Sept 4. He wasn't looking for any more than someone to go to concerts with, etc. (Back then as a DJ he got tickets to almost every country concert that came into the area). Then I guess I grew on him ... and we got married on Sept 4 '04.

We'll watch the game and make some fun game foods... because the kid is obsessed with football... I will probably watch Bravo on the other tv.
Another sweet and funny story.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I met my husband on Tinder.

We do not do anything for the Super Bowl here. My husband hated sports until I forced him to at least enjoy hockey with me. The rest he refused to try. I don't mind watching any sports though and take my son to games.