Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2015, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default How long will it last?

So we always ask how long we've been scrapping, but how long do you think you will scrap? Forever? Do you think you'd ever stop (gasp) scrapping?

Old 02-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I doubt I'll ever stop. I'm sure there will be lulls in the action - in fact, I just got over a big lull due to a dying computer and reallllly slow PS. So I didn't scrap hardly at all for like 6 months because slow PS = no fun scrapping. Now thankfully I'm back in the game. But seriously - I figure I'll probably scrap a bit less as the kids get older (even though I'll def still do pages about myself), but then once I have grandkids I'll prob be back to scrapping like crazy.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't see myself stopping. It's my only creative outlet. I NEED that!

Old 02-25-2015, 02:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't see myself ever stopping either, I'm sure the amount I scrap will slow down as the kids get older. But I've done scrapping in some way since high school, so that's been 17 years or so.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I will stop scrapping - this is the longest I ever stuck with anything... hahaha!

Now, if I could find more time to do it, that would help!
Old 02-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't see myself stopping ever..... my scrap style will probably change, I may have less to scrap as the kids get older, and then much different topics to scrap when they are all grown and on their own, but I won't ever stop.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will never stop documenting. I've always done so. however, the method and style I am sure will change as times change.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love my Project Life far too much to see myself ever stopping... I want to scrap my kids finishing school and getting married and having babies...
Old 02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll probably scrap and quilt for as long as I can.

Unfortunately that probably won't be as long as I would like (as in until I can't function- lol) since I have macular degeneration and will likely start losing "normal" sight long before I'm ready. It totally runs in my family and my mother has been unable to see anything but wavy yellow lines since she was about 60 or so In fact, I'm currently a bit frantic about scrapping and quilting because there are so many projects I want to do and although 10 to 15 years sounds like a lot of time it really isn't.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been digiscrapping for 11 years so far. Like others said, I'm sure that there will be times in the future that I don't scrap as consistently as I do now. But as long as the hobby and digital scrapping stores exist, I think I'll continue to scrap. My oldest child is only 11 now, but one day I'm going to want to record travel, my kids' visits home, work accomplishments for me and DH, my grandkids, etc.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

If you had asked me three years ago I would have said I'll never stop scrapping; I wouldn't have been able to imagine it because I've been documenting my life in scrapbooks and journals since I was a kid in the 1980s. But a few years ago I began seriously studying photography and with that and life in general, I found myself not managing to scrap much.

So now I can imagine the possibility of stopping, because I nearly did. At least in the form of scrapping with these beautiful kits we have available online. I will probably always print my photos in photobooks, which, while arranging the photos, gives me some of the joy of scrapping.

But I missed digiscrapping so much last year I've made a big effort to get back into this year. And I'm pretty sure I'll always want to embellish my photobooks in some way.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I'll ever stop. I may take long hiatuses (like I just did...almost 2 years and only 1 page done), but I will always be a scrapper.

ETA: Guess I should change my siggy as I'm not on anyone's CT anymore.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I could totally see myself embellishing less and less and making simpler style pages for photo books, but I don't imagine I will ever quit all together.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Great answers ladies and I agree with you all!!!

I think there will be ups and downs but I don't think I'll stop as long as I've got something to scrap about, even if it's just me and hubby! Lol

Old 02-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've scrapped for almost 9 years digitally. 9 years before that paper scrapped. I think I always will, but I am in a major lull right now.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've always done some form of scrapping as well. Even when I feel as though I've stopped, I still managed to have a couple of pages a month. I don't foresee me every 'stopping'. When I'm in a lull I use quickpages or scrap less.

My daughter is 12 and has decided she wants to take up digiscrapping. I will be working with her to teach her photoshop and I can't wait to see how she scraps her story.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I'll probably scrap and quilt for as long as I can.

Unfortunately that probably won't be as long as I would like (as in until I can't function- lol) since I have macular degeneration and will likely start losing "normal" sight long before I'm ready. It totally runs in my family and my mother has been unable to see anything but wavy yellow lines since she was about 60 or so In fact, I'm currently a bit frantic about scrapping and quilting because there are so many projects I want to do and although 10 to 15 years sounds like a lot of time it really isn't.
I didn't know this Marie and I'm so sorry to hear! I would feel the same way about trying to get as much done as possible!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'll do it for as long as I can. I have had to take some breaks here and there because of health issues and what not, but I always come back!