Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default independent sales reps?? avon/mary kay/Miche Bags??

So i was wondering if anyone sells avon/mary kay/Miche Bags??

It was something I've been considering and wondered if it was worth the startup, the time, and if the products were good. Then wondering the time and money that has to be put into it after the initial startup??

I need some advice here!! lol
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sell mark., which is like a daughter or little sister company of Avon. The startup was only $20 plus tax, and you get some GREAT full size products to show off.

After that, it's all you're required to spend. We have no sales limits or targets- I can sell as much or as little as I want. I can go 4 months without selling anything or placing an order, and then suddenly place one, and nothing's changed. We get 30% commission on most items, with 35% on some new items and 50% on special offers. The website always tells you exactly what kind of commission you're making on an item, but, as I said, it's usually 30%.
We get a free website people can order from, and we have optional sales calls every month (regional optional ones every week), but you're never under an obligation to join them. Sometimes you get a free gift with purchase for calling in, though.

We do have a party kit that comes with a lot more stuff to show off or use, and it's $50. It's got $192 worth of stuff in it, including samples to hand out, so it's pretty worth it, I'd say, but it's not required you buy it or use it. I just think the more product you use personally, the more likely you are to sell it.

Mark. sells samples, bags, and disposable applicators, but you don't have to buy them at all, and the bags and applicators you can always get from other stores (target, beauty supply stores, etc). For the bags, I like that they have the mark. logo, so I usually buy those, but, it's honestly up to you and your own level of commitment.

I'm never going to get rich with mark. I sell casually, promoting items to customers that I know they'll like, and then leaving it at that. Some people who DO sell more and put more time into it make a LOT more money... some even do it full time... but honestly, it's up to how much time and effort you're willing to put into it. I personally have too much other stuff to balance to sell full time, which means I'm not making a full time income with it!

General non-mark advice I'd give you is this:

1. Love the product you're selling. If you don't love it, you won't be passionate about selling it, and you'll come off as fake.
2. Check out the agreement thoroughly. Some companies require a certain number of parties, or a certain amount of sales, or they'll cut your contract. Make sure you know in advance what you're committing to.
3. Find out what product you get for what price, and if it's really worth the start-up fee.
4. Make sure once the first 3 months are up, that you're not investing more money than you're making. In the first 3 months, you'll find stuff you want to buy to show off, but after that, you don't want to be spending out more than you're bringing in, or it's no longer worth it.
5. Find out about taxes before you join.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Friends of mine do Tupperware here in Germany. And here their contracts seem extremely fair to me. Especially when you want to do it on the side and not invest too much.