Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default worst day ever!!

So can I vent to you guys??

I was threatened to be SUED today!!!

let me give you the details...

I had a client come in (I'm a hairstylist btw) that we were nice enough to get in. She had just gotten back from a facial with our skin therapist. She warned me that the woman was sensitive, but I thought nothing more of it. The client desired a honey blonde look that kept her highlights. I specifically asked her since she of course lightens her hair... if her hair tends to pull "reds" ect.. you know "warmer" colors. I think only you know your hair right?? Anyway she told me no and so I proceeded with a very color which through all my experience would give her the desired result. I did the service we talked yadda yadda. I rinse cut and dried and all of a sudden her mood changes.. shes like don't style gets up out of my chair quickly and kinda storms to the register. She keeps saying everythings ok.. I know better so I finally get her to say shes made and she doesnt want to make a scene. **mind you guys there wasn't anything wrong.. maybe a little to golden for some taste, but an easy fix** I offer a fix and she storms out of the salon. I kinda do the whatever and continue with my next client. 10 mins or so later she storms back in screaming, swearing, crying and threatening me. She said she will be getting a lawyer and that shes suing me because I ruined her hair. Her hair turned red and its ruined. her hair didn't fall out, its not fried, its nothing!! just what she originally asked for. I'm one to say when I'm wrong. Anyway she's yelling swearing crying so on... calling corporate ect.

I'm finished with the salon!!!!! its the worst place in the world to work i swear no ones ever made me feel so terrible in my entire life. I can take a lot but I take it very personal too. I just don't see how someone could treat a person so terrible?

Anyway it looks like I'm either switching to work with retail products *we are a chain retail/salon* or I'm looking for a new job.

thanks for letting me vent to you, I needed to get that out.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

overreact much? SO SORRY she was such a jerk! You didn't deserve that!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaGardner View Post
overreact much? SO SORRY she was such a jerk! You didn't deserve that!
thanks Lena! right?! who reacts like that over something so small?

some people don't realize how hateful they are and how they hurt others so much. I don't want to do hair anymore, she sent me over the edge. We deal with stuff a lot but I'm so done with it
Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, sorry you have to deal with her. Some people. You definitely don't deserve that.
I have heard of people acting like that to get their service/meal/etc for free. Hopefully that wasn't the case either.

It's just hair, pretty much anything can be fixed or worse case scenario (which totally doesn't sound like the case) it will grow back.

((hugs))
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow ... I have heard horror stories like that. I am sorry ...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I worked in retail for a good number of years. There was always one or two customers that would freak at the drop of a pin. We all knew who they were. And it was no secret. No one was spared. It was NOT personal. I'm sure every retailer around knew those same people too. It was always just hot air. We never had anyone actually sue us.

If I were you, I would make sure that even though someone else might be freaking out that you remain the responsible one. Keep your cool. You offered to do the fix. Your co-workers hopefully saw you act responsibly too.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Ack, that stinks!!

I am one to pull red (brunette hair) and always make sure to tell the colourist. Now sometimes they still get it wrong ( you have to use a looootttt of ash) and I just get them to fic it or go back till they get it right. It usually only takes once for them to know how to do it right.

I am sorry you had such a bad time of it - hope it works out for you to do something else.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

rudeness. i really dislike people like that. i've had clients like that (i'm a nail tech), and it's hard to just stand and take the abuse. some people are rude, plain and simple. i'm sorry she was so mean, unreasonable, and completely out of line. ):

that being said- i pull red too, it's naturally in my hair (and why i tend to choose red when i do color my hair). and i've always told the person who's doing my color. i haven't done anything drastic though, i always stick to something around my natural color. just so i know i'll like it. even if i'm not super picky about my hair to begin with (cuts grow out, color fades, etc).

i hope you find a job where you're happier. you deserve to have a happy job, something you enjoy.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suze View Post
thanks Lena! right?! who reacts like that over something so small?
She didn't react to the hair. There must be something else, more serious and deeper she reacted to. Either she's having some serious life problems or she's this kind of person who's so deeply frustrated that she started to kick around and not worrying who she hurts by doing it (seems to me to be the latter case, because if it was an unusual overeaction due to a problem, she would have come back and apologise, not come back and threaten - maybe this is the only way she gets her kicks, by aggression. Sad really).

Anyway - whatever her issues, she has NO RIGHT to vent it on you, stress you out this immensely and spoil your day. It's nothing you did. I wish you luck to find a better job, hon, and just try ignoring the effing b*tch so that she doesn't succeed in what she tried to do (implanting her own frustration into you). *hugs*

Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man I am so sorry you had to deal with that.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like she doesn't have a case and is blowing hot air. You offered to fix it and she definitely should've took you up on that if she was unsatisfied. Sorry 'bout your day.

Melanie
Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good Lord... it is just hair... Amanda had my first thought that she was trying to get services for nothing, especially if the skin tech said she was sensitive... or she is just bipolar... my boss was bipolar and would fly off the handle at the littlest thing...

I'm sorry!! I'm sure everyone at that salon has had this happen to them, too... you can't please everyone and some people just can't be pleased, period! I hope that if this is a catalyst for you to switch jobs, it will be a good move for you!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Bleck. So sorry for the drama. I feel sick to my stomach just reading about it. : (
Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't let one crazy lady ruin your day let alone your career. Don't give her that much power over you!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
I have heard of people acting like that to get their service/meal/etc for free.
A good observation. Never thought of this, it might well be the case.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree it may be the get something free kick.

Anyway guys I was just trying the salon thing anyway, I'm looking to find my place in my industry. I just dont see having to deal with this type of thing the rest of my life worth it. I know any customer service deals with it, but there is something so personal when you actually "touch" and get to know the clients the way stylist do. Its so much different than other situations.. hard for me to explain. I have been on the other end when I worked retail and food service before, but it doesn't affect me the same.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

sounds she has issues and her hair is not one of them! Sorry you had to experience that and that is why I am so not a customer service person, I cannot handle the looneys!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
There must be something else, more serious and deeper she reacted to.
This. So sorry you had to be in the firing line.