Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default what do you do when you lose all mojo??

what do you guys do when all mojo is lost??

buy a new kit? visit someones gallery?? look at old photos??? take new ones....

my mojo is just lost and I can't seem to find it. POOF gone.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do some of the portfolio challenges... I usually start out with the lifts and then go from there... sometimes I just start with a kit and see what happens but it's very rare for me to find my mojo that way... and I've also found that if I start something and then walk away for awhile, then add some more and then walk away again over and over again really helps me... it may take me a few days to do a layout but that tends to help when the mojo seems to have disappeared.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh i so know what you are going thru...i would say grab a template and a kit and go from there...
Old 10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
oh i so know what you are going thru...i would say grab a template and a kit and go from there...
I've tried that some... but then I seem to do 1 or 2 and then its gone. Idk what has happened.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrap less than 10 pages in a year.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I'm not inspired, I take a break. There are so many things one can do during a break, it's actually refreshing not to scrap for a moment. And it always helps. Remember this is a hobby, there are no obligations involved. Take your time and enjoy.

My last break lasted for about 2 months. I didn't feel like scrapping, so I didn't. And now it's all back. It always comes back, just don't push it.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, taking a break is what helps best here as well.
When my mojo is gone, not even templates or scraplifting can bring it back. I just hate everything I bring into my canvas then, really weird.

Another thing that sometimes helps is taking new photos. I sometimes get inspiration from that.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm like Adrianka - I just take a break. Quite often during my daughter's basketball season I go through this - I have so little free time during this season that my mojo just goes out the window so I take a break and come back to it a month or 2 later.

When I do feel I'm ready to get back to it but I need a jump start, I'll find a layout that I LOVE in someone's gallery and do a total scraplift to get me into the flow of things.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suze View Post
these things . . then cry . . lol . . then take a break!!! The more I pressure myself when my mojo disappears the worse it gets

Donna
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just went through this... lol! Nothing was kicking it back into gear and I'm a bit hybrid mojo-less lately - which doesn't make me happy at all!! I even started to go through a organizing frenzy which usually always works... nope, didn't budge it...

So, I started to plan out a big project... I'm going to scrap our 2011 mini-vacations into one book... I'm really excited about that (I rarely scrap vacation photos)... and that seems to get me over the scrapping mojo block. Can you believe I only scrapped 11 pages last month... that is for the WHOLE month - geez, I use to scrap that in a week for new releases! *sigh*

Hope your mojo comes back quickly!!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I just went through this... lol! Nothing was kicking it back into gear and I'm a bit hybrid mojo-less lately - which doesn't make me happy at all!! I even started to go through a organizing frenzy which usually always works... nope, didn't budge it...

So, I started to plan out a big project... I'm going to scrap our 2011 mini-vacations into one book... I'm really excited about that (I rarely scrap vacation photos)... and that seems to get me over the scrapping mojo block. Can you believe I only scrapped 11 pages last month... that is for the WHOLE month - geez, I use to scrap that in a week for new releases! *sigh*

Hope your mojo comes back quickly!!
I'm doing this too, trying to plan one ultra big project. I'm going to have a go at Project Life like Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins does. I'm going to turn it into emma's second year album. I finally finished up her first year just need to print a few more things off. I'm actually pretty excited about it.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I haven't really lost my mojo, but I'm stuck in a 'rut'. I'm getting tired of all my pages looking the same. I mainly look at galleries online and bookmark pages I like (I have a folder on my computer, "LO Ideas"). I also tend to shop for new kits to inspire me (I already have so many that I haven't even used yet, yet I keep buying more)... this is what I did too when I paper scrapped.. I "collected"!

SAHM to three girls (17,12,8) and two (very) spoiled mutts!

5 year breast cancer survivor

Words With Friends user ID: kpnv70

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Scrapper007/
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suze View Post
what do you guys do when all mojo is lost??

my mojo is just lost and I can't seem to find it. POOF gone.
I scrapped a lot last summer and then really didn't do much for the last couple months, but I finally scrapped a page this week. For me, what really makes the difference is a template and an inspiring kit.

I ended up realizing this week that even though I may not envision my own personal style to be a certain type of scrapbooking, but sometimes I really need to use those templates and kits for certain people that I scrap about in my life. For example, I didn't think that I was into scrapping with doodly kits like La's, but then when I had a great picture of my DD to scrap, I ended up realizing that there was no other kit than one of La's to use for this particular photo. Maybe my style isn't La's, but oh my, La's style definitely works for my DD! (And now I have a whole bunch of La kits in my wish list....ha ha! )

So maybe step out of your comfort zone? Look through some challenges? Try a template or a kit you never would have tried before?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper007 View Post
I haven't really lost my mojo, but I'm stuck in a 'rut'. I'm getting tired of all my pages looking the same. I mainly look at galleries online and bookmark pages I like (I have a folder on my computer, "LO Ideas"). I also tend to shop for new kits to inspire me (I already have so many that I haven't even used yet, yet I keep buying more)... this is what I did too when I paper scrapped.. I "collected"!
For this, stepping out of your comfort zone might work. And scraplifting unusual LOs also. Trying out challenges that are call for something not typical for you. I know, that's nothing revolutionary, but doing the challenges here made me try out a few things I'd otherwise not do, and each time I did it I was really happy about it.

Collecting is a female problem, there are many of us who do it. :-)

Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I take a break. But sometimes I need to scrap (for CTs) or whatever. If I can use a template, I do, and that seems to help. If I'm not able to use a template, I usually browse through galleries, not to scraplift, but just to pick up some inspiration. It seems to help me.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've done everything mentioned here But I'm voting also to take a break Also, I'm very aware of how my mojo operates--about 5-10 days in a month he'll call a strike and hide in his metaphorical bunker. So sometimes I just browse galleries and stores, pinterest, read, etc and eventually he comes back out
Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I found some inspiration on Pinterest
Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have to have organized photos and have some shots that really speak to me! SO typically when I'm not in the mood to scrap I'll spend time working on my photo editing, organizing pics, looking through old pics, etc. Then as I'm browsing through kits in the stores I am more likely to be inspired by a kit-photo combination.

good luck! the first year with a baby is the hardest; ok, well, maybe the second year is . What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't be hard on yourself. Life is cyclical - it will come around and you'll eventually be inspired by this stuff again.

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working on a layout and kinda following the idea mentioned about taking some time with it. I really don't have to finish a lo in one night right?!

the trying a new style might be an awesome idea. I'm pretty much a loyal fan of La... and shes about all I buy lol SO I'm a pretty set kinda girl. I've seen some new designers that I haven't normally bought from that I would love to try.

I really to get my hand into the portfolio challenges. I actually haven't tried a challenge since they've changed them around. I kinda got a little overwhelmed in the beginning and haven't been back to look at those threads.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For a short slump I usually spend a few days organizing photos or scrap supplies, and all the new goodies I rediscover get me excited about scrapping again. When I'm in a slump that lasts longer than a week, a break is the only thing that works. I read or do crochet projects, and as long as I keep taking pictures and recording stories I know it will be there to scrap when I'm ready. Most of my breaks have only been couple weeks, but when my 2nd child was born it was about a year before I really got back into scrapping. Good luck!