Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Those who scap with a tablet...

Is it better than just the mouse? If so, how?

I just got my Bamboo Craft yesterday that I won in the Penscrappers contest. I haven't had a chance to break it open and play but I am curious in what ways this is better than just using the mouse.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I can FOR SURE tell you that it takes a while to get used to it! I got mine in December and it took me a good week to get semi-comfortable with it, lol. Now its much better. One thing I did was to put the mouse that comes with it away. Far away, and use the pen SOLELY, no matter how frustrated I got. Once I felt comfy with it, I scrapped using it, and that was all it took.

One thing I do love is that is has an "eraser" on the other end of the pen. When your scrapping, and you want to erase something, you can just flip the pen over and erase what you want (being in that layer of course). It makes it a touch quicker than clicking the erase tool.

Huge fan of:

Old 02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

You've got much finer control over your cursor than using a mouse. And it's more natural for your hand, so less cramping (especially if you're even remotely concerned about carpel tunnel syndrome at all). To me, the control is key. I haven't picked up a mouse voluntarily since I got my wacom a couple of years ago, and when my pen broke recently, and I had to use a mouse for a couple of days til the replacement arrived, I was in agony LOLOL.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

YES!! A tablet is SOOOOO much better than a mouse! I developed a cyst on my wrist when using my mouse and had A LOT of pain associated with it. I got the tablet to ease some of the pain. I just got rid of my mouse and forced myself to use the tablet for everything. It was weird at first, but it didn't take me more than a day to get used to it. I have way more control with a tablet and little wrist pain despite being on my computer more now than when I used a mouse.

Unfortunately, something is wrong with my tablet and my laptop keeps thinking it's been disconnected... I think I need a new cord.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!

Last edited by Megan Turnidge; 02-13-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Something I want to suggest-
If you want to create doodles with smooth lines, it is so worth it to get a program like Adobe Illustrator. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's a great investment. No matter how much you use your pen to doodle- when you look at the lines at 100%, they'll be a little shaky- but using Illustrator (or a similiar program), those lines will be nice & smooth!

Good luck & have fun with it! I love mine, and I know you'll love your's too!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

My Dh just got my the small one (with the mouse) for my birthday/Valentine's day. We installed it last night and although I'm not totally use it it yet I can already see that I love it so much better then my mouse!!!

I was playing in PS last night and although I didn't scrap a whole page I played around and one thing that I love it that when I go to rotate and element.....it's so much easier with the pen then my mouse!!!!! It's a really smooth action and not choppy!!!!

I can't wait to scrap a whole LO with it!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 02-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

While I had my Wacom I used it 100% of the time...not just for scrapping but for EVERYTHING. It's a "mouse" in itself, if that makes sense...it works like a mouse but is in pen form.

My pen just broke and I can't find a replacement for it (I have a Graphire4) easily, so I'm trying to get my hands on a Bamboo...but can't get them locally right now...it's making me CRAZY! I neeeeeed my pen!!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ok, I don't know anything about this bamboo thing but I just looked it up. So....you can do everything on Photoshop with the Bamboo tablet? Like, move stuff and create layers, and all that? Hmmmm......
Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i had mine for 2 hours before i decided to return it. lmao.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't used a mouse in years. I really don't know what I'd do without my tablet, it's like a part of me LOL
Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fizz... there's something wrong with you, lol!

2 hours is NOT enough time to test out a Bamboo. I hated mine for 2 days at least, lol!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Jae, you're forgetting that Fizz hates all change with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. I bet she'll still say she hates firefox :P

I'm a lefty, but I use a mouse right handed (cuz, I had to as a kid, lol, that's how any mouse I ever came across was set up). I think I'd be way confused if I switched to a tablet and pen, lol.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
Jae, you're forgetting that Fizz hates all change with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. I bet she'll still say she hates firefox :P.
Nah, I remembered that too, lol! I was even gonna mention it, but forgot at the time.

I can't beleive I even LIKE someone that hates FF and tablets , but yet I do! I <3 ya Fizz!!

Huge fan of: