Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have expensive wants...and I won't be getting most of my wishlist (which is fine because ... well, it's expensive!). My hubby is getting me a new PC with dual monitors (we have the monitors, just need a PC that will support them, plus my computer is old and nearly full!). So that's my gift.

Other things I would love are an 85mm lens, a smart phone (in April, I hope!), a Project Life Core Kit (I'm totally going for it in 2013!), a new set of kitchen knives, and gift cards for here and Barnes & Noble for my scrapping & book addictions. OH! And a breadmaker. And to have my basement finished.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Juli we just got 6m of Sirius for $25 (the 14ish/month pkg)..ours expired and we went without for a few months...and they sent me an email to renew for like $50 and i ignored it..and they sent another for 25 a few weeks later lol

Do you check the email on file with them? They might have some specials on their website too...keep checking! Sometimes too you can call and ask if they have any specials..I think Laura got hers renewed for 50% off the whole year
Really? thanks for the tip - my daughter's car has it and we all pack into her car just to enjoy it....but I hate the price since well it is not in my car!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
My hubby hasn't done a stocking for me in probably 10 years! My mom still gives me one though.
My mom and my dad do one for me. They are both just small little things, but its one of my favorite parts of Christmas, too, for some reason.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
THIS! A thoughtfully filled stocking would make my whole year!
Same here! I get really frustrated every year because I fill all 5 of the kids' stockings and Chris' stocking, but he never fills mine! I got after him about it a couple times, so then he threw a deoderant and a lip gloss in there one time LOL. Seriously, he just won't do it, and it drives me batty. I guess I don't really care about the stuff in it as much as the fact that the kids are always like, oh poor mommy, I'll give you some of my candy since you didn't get any!! Sometimes I put stuff in my own just so that it has stuff in it, but I hate doing that. Last year mine was completely empty in the morning. I just don't think he gets it for some reason.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't even hang a stocking for DH and I. I just got mine from my childhood a few years ago.

Plus, we don't do any kind of gift in the boys' stockings that cost much money. I'd rather wrap every little thing and put them under the tree. So the stockings just have candy, toothbrush and paste, and maybe a few things from the dollar store. Even gift cards get wrapped and tucked into the tree - the boys, even at their ages, love finding gifts in the tree.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I asked for a dSLR video how-to book and a Pandora bracelet and charms. (I hope that one I have the bracelet, hubby can just get me charms to add on each year. They're so lovely!)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
...and a new mixer since mine crapped the bed.
You make me laugh!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My poor hubby is terrible at gift giving...always has been. It used to really hurt my feelings but he's so amazing in so many other ways that gifts just don't seem important anymore. I do feel bad for my girls though when my stocking is empty every year and they feel bad for me. lol Here's my wish list...

CS6 for Mac (just got a Macbook a few months ago but I'm still using CS3 on my laptop)
new pots & pans
Kitchen Aid mixer (this has been on my list every year since we got married, almost 20 years ago lol)
remote for my camera
GCs to SSD
THIS little guy
iTunes GCs
new ring (since I too lost my wedding ring a year ago

I know I won't get even half of that stuff, and I'll probably end up buying for myself, but a girl can dream, right?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I never know what I want. I like that Nate Berkus book that is out, a yoga mat, any decorative stuff at Chapters and frames from Ikea to hang more family photos around the house.

Heather

Creating for:
Anna Aspnes
Creashens & Vinnie Pearce
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I put small gifts in the tree too! I love the look. I think my tree looks so sad without them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
We don't even hang a stocking for DH and I. I just got mine from my childhood a few years ago.

Plus, we don't do any kind of gift in the boys' stockings that cost much money. I'd rather wrap every little thing and put them under the tree. So the stockings just have candy, toothbrush and paste, and maybe a few things from the dollar store. Even gift cards get wrapped and tucked into the tree - the boys, even at their ages, love finding gifts in the tree.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Those wanting new pots, pans and knives might want to check out this site:
http://www.potsandpans.com/

I go to this warehouse every year and come out with some great deals!!! They only have this sale for 2 weeks in a year!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclelady View Post
I asked for a dSLR video how-to book and a Pandora bracelet and charms. (I hope that one I have the bracelet, hubby can just get me charms to add on each year. They're so lovely!)
I have a Pandora bracelet that I got for Christmas from DH a couple years ago. I love it, it's beautiful - BUT, it didn't work out the way I expected it to. I ASSUMED that when he and the kids would buy me charms for it for birthdays, christmas, etc. that they would buy MATCHING ones to the ones I already have. But uhh no... they don't... they buy whatever they feel like buying, and while they are super pretty and I always love them, I find I don't wear my bracelet as much because, well... cause it doesn't all match. So I have to take off some of my charms sometimes if I want it to be matchy. But I love it anyhow
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I really want a Fitbit!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I already know I won't be getting any of the things on my wishlist.

A 12-qt (or bigger) stock pot, an iPad, a new pair of boots (*George Strait* Camo ones by Justin), new kitchen knife, matching furniture, Mossy oak seat covers for front and back seats and a CD player that actually works in my truck, a weekend all to myself to use sometime during the next year
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I asked for a Shark Steam Mop which my mom bought and I'm asking DH for the light scoop.

I give the kids each $5 and take them to the target $ spot and they buy stuff for my stocking and they fill it. Just an idea for those of you that have to fill your own. I love my stocking.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The hubs already got me mine--an honest-to-goodness desk with drawers and shelves, etc I'm so ridiculously happy because I've been working on the dining table all this time! But now I really feel like I have my own workspace. We could finally get it because we sold two other old tables of ours that was just taking up so much space in our tiny condo.

...and I always welcome new sheets or GCs to scrapbooking stores
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want:

**Silhouette Cameo (would be great for work!)
**Eye-Fi card (Dh won't get one, says they get bad reviews)
**Kindle Paperwhite (I want one, but, really, I barely have time to read so my Kindle Touch isn't getting much use as it is)
**Nexus 7 (It is much more in my price range than an iPad mini and I want a small tablet)
**Roku (we got an RCA device to stream Netflix and Hulu on Black Friday and it works okay... I still kinda want a Roku though, not sure why)
**50mm lens for my Nikon

In reality, these are just things I mentioned to DH. I don't know what he plans to get me and since we're on a tight budget, I really don't care. I got him a new video card for his computer. I bought it when it was on sale with a coupon attached so I got it early and since the site has a 30 day return policy, I gave it to him early so that he could make sure it works. He loves it and gets excited every time he logs in to his WOW game.

The biggest gift though... for both of us.... another $1K credit card paid off for Christmas! I am beyond excited that we have been able to buy gifts for everyone already AND will be able to pay off a credit card and put a good chunk on to the next bill on our list before Christmas. That's the best present EVER, seriously!!

Stockings - We buy for one another's stocking. Santa fills the kids' stockings and we fill each others. The kids help. DH is pretty good at the stocking thing. We've done stockings since our first Christmas together 19 years ago. It's our favorite part, really.

And since we're all friends here... we also do an 'adult' stocking. We started this tradition quite a while back. I have this super big stocking that was mine as a kid. We use it for 'our' stocking and we each buy things to put in it. On Christmas Eve, after the kids have gone to bed, we open the gifts from the stocking together. It sure helps keep the spark there.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Fiesta Bowl tickets!! That is IF my team wins this week. (I probably just jinxed it. ) But honestly we have never done anything like that so if K-State wins, they'll go to the Fiesta Bowl and DH and I will try to go this time. And I'm hoping against hope that they practice at our high school like Oklahoma did last year. That would be so fun!

Otherwise, I already bought myself the iPhone 5 and that's my gift.
So, are you going Mary?? Oregon vs. Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl! Of course I'm rooting for Oregon. And l'm looking forward to watching Oregon State (my son's college) in the Alamo Bowl!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
So, are you going Mary?? Oregon vs. Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl! Of course I'm rooting for Oregon. And l'm looking forward to watching Oregon State (my son's college) in the Alamo Bowl!
We are working on it! I'm waiting for my niece to decide is she is going. She just moved from Manhattan (KS, where K-State is), to California less than a month ago. I'm hoping she and her boyfriend can drive over for the bowl game. They went to all the home games while they lived there (they both graduated from KSU too). His job is sending him to Ireland for 2 weeks so they are waiting for the dates. I still want to go if they don't, but of course want to get tickets with them if they are coming. My niece went to the Fiesta Bowl the last time KSU played in 2004. I happened to be back in Joplin, MO at the time so she just got me a shirt.

OK, since you live in OR, you get a pass for rooting for them. But aren't they OSU's rival?

I'm now crossing my fingers big time that they practice at our high school since OK did last year. It's right in our neighborhood and we live 1/2 mile from it and that would be so cool!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

OK, since you live in OR, you get a pass for rooting for them. But aren't they OSU's rival?
I hope you get to go!

Yes, OSU and Oregon are big time rivals, but we root for Oregon in all their games (except the Civil War game vs. OSU). It's good to see our state do well in football!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I really want a Fitbit!
I bought my own..a cute green one lol
I got mine at Brookstone but I saw them tonight at Target..didn't know they carried them!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I hope you get to go!

Yes, OSU and Oregon are big time rivals, but we root for Oregon in all their games (except the Civil War game vs. OSU). It's good to see our state do well in football!
That's how we are also. If K-State is out of it but Kansas is still in something, I root for them (like basketball almost every year!). Same with ASU (DH's alma mater and Grant's college) and Arizona.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I would love a trip to the salon for a cut/color/mani/pedi, and some new clothes.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're coming Mary!!!

We got our tickets through K-State so we are IN! We were hoping to fly, but with flights running around $600, it looks like it's going to be a road trip instead. I'm still crossing my fingers that something cheaper will open up but it's doubtful. We'll be making the trip with my sister and her husband and I can't wait!

Quote:
We are working on it! I'm waiting for my niece to decide is she is going. She just moved from Manhattan (KS, where K-State is), to California less than a month ago. I'm hoping she and her boyfriend can drive over for the bowl game. They went to all the home games while they lived there (they both graduated from KSU too). His job is sending him to Ireland for 2 weeks so they are waiting for the dates. I still want to go if they don't, but of course want to get tickets with them if they are coming. My niece went to the Fiesta Bowl the last time KSU played in 2004. I happened to be back in Joplin, MO at the time so she just got me a shirt.

I'm now crossing my fingers big time that they practice at our high school since OK did last year. It's right in our neighborhood and we live 1/2 mile from it and that would be so cool!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
i want a kindle paperwhite (well, i have it but can't HAVE it until christmas), a lightscoop and a new mixer since mine crapped the bed.
I have a light scoop just sitting if you're interested, Laura It was for my Canon 40d but now that I have a 5d (no popup flash), I can't use the light scoop. I'm saving up to buy an external flash. PM if you want it

Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I wanted a new long zoom bridge camera - DH bought it for me in the Black Friday sale when we were on holiday but he has wrapped it so I can't play - he's a meanie
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OK, got my Christmas present! We are going to the Fiesta Bowl to watch K-State! WOOHOO!!!

I'm just a tiny bit excited.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherKS View Post
We're coming Mary!!!

We got our tickets through K-State so we are IN! We were hoping to fly, but with flights running around $600, it looks like it's going to be a road trip instead. I'm still crossing my fingers that something cheaper will open up but it's doubtful. We'll be making the trip with my sister and her husband and I can't wait!
How did I miss this!! Yay Heather!! Let's see how close we are sitting to each other so we can meet up!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
Same here! I get really frustrated every year because I fill all 5 of the kids' stockings and Chris' stocking, but he never fills mine! I got after him about it a couple times, so then he threw a deoderant and a lip gloss in there one time LOL. Seriously, he just won't do it, and it drives me batty. I guess I don't really care about the stuff in it as much as the fact that the kids are always like, oh poor mommy, I'll give you some of my candy since you didn't get any!! Sometimes I put stuff in my own just so that it has stuff in it, but I hate doing that. Last year mine was completely empty in the morning. I just don't think he gets it for some reason.
I'm sure if you left his empty one year he'd get it.

When your kids get older maybe they will help him. My 14 yo is in charge of mine, DH just takes her shopping and lets her get what I'll like.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
And since we're all friends here... we also do an 'adult' stocking. We started this tradition quite a while back. I have this super big stocking that was mine as a kid. We use it for 'our' stocking and we each buy things to put in it. On Christmas Eve, after the kids have gone to bed, we open the gifts from the stocking together. It sure helps keep the spark there.
Oh gosh, I might have to give this a whirl this year. DH would be totally excited.