Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Encourage me.

Tell me some stupid things that your children have done.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is sticking a dried pinto bean in her ear. Deep enough that we had to go to the after hours clinic to get it removed.
The most frustrating thing...because the doctor removed it with tweezers, it was considered a 'surgical procedure' (as it invaded the body cavity)...that danged pinto bean cost us as much as the xays and casting of her broken wrist :/
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, Stacy! My daughter did that with a small piece of popped corn. They had to float it out with water. Once my son stuck a hershey kiss foil in his nose, and after trying to get at it with tweezers I just had him blow it out, which luckily worked.

This morning while I was in the bathroom getting ready the kids got to my scissors (that I thought were out of reach, but were out because I'd been clipping coupons), and I was surprised that they were getting along the entire time I was in there. Turns out they were cutting each others' clothes. Luckily my son's pants already had a hole in them and I thought I had thrown them out. Unfortunately it was the shirt that I made my daughter 2 months ago, and it's her favorite shirt.

Now I'm not in the mood to deal with them at the grocery store, and we are out of milk and eggs.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When Ava was about 2 she asked for a drink of my water bottle and then went to hand it to her she changed her mind and smacked it out of my hand....spilling it on my 3 month old brand new Dell laptop. Bye bye laptop
Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When my middle daughter, Christy, was about 5, I had her hair in pigtails. Her hair was blonde and long, so pretty. We were at my Mom's and I was sitting on the front porch. She came out of the house and wanted me to see her new hairdo. I almost had a heart attack! My brother who is the same age as my daughter, had cut one of her pigtails off! Christy thought it was so neat! I cried while I finished cutting her hair!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have kids, but my younger sister once poked her head through the bamboo bars of my bedframe...and then got stuck. Lots of crying, sweating, and probably a near nervous breakdown from my mom later, we got her out.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest locked himself in the car as a toddler... In the summer... In Texas. Had to call the fire dept. and ended up riding to the hospital in an ambulance even though he was totally fine. They threatened to report me if I didn't agree
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I don't have kids either but when my sister and I were young, like 5 & 7, my parents had taken us to Home Depot with them while they picked up some stuff. We were in the metal duct aisle and playing around and for some reason I decided to try to pick my sister up...and failed. She felt slo-mo style into the razor sharp pipe edges and totally gashed her arm open. The craziest part was the Home Depot employees had NO idea what to do - they couldn't even find a first aid kit! My parents ended up taking my sister to the hospital for stitches and I felt SO bad. For years I hated going to Home Depot and even now whenever I go down that aisle I get nervous about all the sharp edges, like I'm going to spontaneously fall into them, haha.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My stepson (and husband) managed to destroy 2 lamps and 1 laptop while playing the Wii all within 3-4 weeks of one another.

I was gone from the room for 5 minutes when DH managed to smash his remote-holding fist against the laptop screen and shatter it. He immediately went upstairs and went to bed as soon as he saw the look on my face.

The Wii got moved into a room far, far away from my belongings and electronics.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

well.. j crawled down the stairs head first with hulk hands on and broke his arm.... and then re-broke it in his cast.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My three year old decided it would be a good idea to jump in my desk chair Christmas Eve! He fell out of the chair and broke his arm! In a spot that is normally not broken. Does he still jump around like a monkey? Yes. For a while we could remind him and he would stop. Lately he just looks at us and keeps going.

He almost succeeded once in putting keys in the electrical outlet even though I had covers on them!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is sticking a dried pinto bean in her ear. Deep enough that we had to go to the after hours clinic to get it removed.
The most frustrating thing...because the doctor removed it with tweezers, it was considered a 'surgical procedure' (as it invaded the body cavity)...that danged pinto bean cost us as much as the xays and casting of her broken wrist :/
Ugh. I know your pain! My son stuck a rock in his ear and we had to go to the operating room to get it out. It was a flat rock and he pushed it flat against his eardrum. Grrr! And a week after that, he broke his arm. Boys... I threatened to have that "rock" made into a necklace since it is probably the most expensive "rock" I'll ever have. lol.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Well let's see LOL

1. my oldest (20 tomorrow)....managed to walk straight in to a wall corner when she was about 8 and had the hugest knot for like 2 months!
2. Ben stuck a popcorn kernel up his nose when he was about 5
3. Abby took a slide down the road on her bike and had a huge abrasion on her elbow...(luckily she was wearing a helmet)
4. Peyton climbed out of his crib, went out the back door, out the back yard gate, and down the straight before base security brought him home at 9 pm and knocked on the door(he wasn't even 2) and all he had on was a diaper!!!!! Mt DH didn't even know he was gone....he was HORRIFIED when the doorbell rang (I was deployed)
5. After we moved in our new house, while I was at work, Peyton climbed UNDER our backyard fence and my DH only caught him because he saw him out the front window running down the sidewalk in just a diaper and tshirt!
6. Peyton pushed out his brother screen in his upstairs bedroom window when he was 4....probably highest point in the house to the ground.,..I was horrified he didn't try to go out it
7. Woke up one morning and found that Peyton had opened a brand new tube of toothpaste and squirted all over the bathroom sink, counter and floor!
8. My oldest DD came home around midnight one night last week, and by the time I heard the doorbell ring, she was already coming inside...Peyton was awake downstairs playing the Wii and let her in....

and yep, Peyton is my youngest!! So I have a long road ahead of me!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

It wasn't so much his stupidity, but when Nicholas was 3, he was coming to get into bed with me and tripped over my blanket that was on the floor and broke his leg. He fell on a blanket on carpet and broke his leg. It was summer and he had to wear a full leg cast, not a fun summer.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you should have told them you would send them the bill for the ambulance ride. Thats ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
My oldest locked himself in the car as a toddler... In the summer... In Texas. Had to call the fire dept. and ended up riding to the hospital in an ambulance even though he was totally fine. They threatened to report me if I didn't agree
Old 04-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last week my (barely) 3 year old climbed the wire shelving in her closet to get a glass tea set that was up top...then when she couldnt get it out of the package she climbed to the top of the fridge to get the scissors.

The scissors were on top of the fridge (in my knifeblock) because the week before she climbed onto the counter and got a steak knife out of it.

Not sure where to put the knifeblock now....

Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Angie - I dont know if your list makes me feel better, or scares the crap out of me! LOL

Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I forgot about the time that Lilly squirted a full bottle of toilet cleaner on the playroom carpet. It was grey carpet with bright blue toilet cleaner everywhere. We had to rip out the carpet
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
Well let's see LOL

1. my oldest (20 tomorrow)....managed to walk straight in to a wall corner when she was about 8 and had the hugest knot for like 2 months!
2. Ben stuck a popcorn kernel up his nose when he was about 5
3. Abby took a slide down the road on her bike and had a huge abrasion on her elbow...(luckily she was wearing a helmet)
4. Peyton climbed out of his crib, went out the back door, out the back yard gate, and down the straight before base security brought him home at 9 pm and knocked on the door(he wasn't even 2) and all he had on was a diaper!!!!! Mt DH didn't even know he was gone....he was HORRIFIED when the doorbell rang (I was deployed)
5. After we moved in our new house, while I was at work, Peyton climbed UNDER our backyard fence and my DH only caught him because he saw him out the front window running down the sidewalk in just a diaper and tshirt!
6. Peyton pushed out his brother screen in his upstairs bedroom window when he was 4....probably highest point in the house to the ground.,..I was horrified he didn't try to go out it
7. Woke up one morning and found that Peyton had opened a brand new tube of toothpaste and squirted all over the bathroom sink, counter and floor!
8. My oldest DD came home around midnight one night last week, and by the time I heard the doorbell ring, she was already coming inside...Peyton was awake downstairs playing the Wii and let her in....

and yep, Peyton is my youngest!! So I have a long road ahead of me!!!

You make me not looking forward to Michael's future, Angie...
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I forgot to add...

we had to have a whole toliet replaced (while living in base housing) because Peyton stuck a mini size bottle of shampoo down it and they couldn't get it out

Abby also decided she thought it would be a good idea to see how far she could stick a plastic play fork up her nose(she was 3 1/2)....didn't end well with a huge bloody nose for like 15 mins

we just recently put an "alarm" on Peyton's door and the little dude figured out that if he opened the door real, quick and got a chair (from his sister's room) he could stand up on it and actually "shut off" the alarm...so much for alarms to keep him in bed LOL!

Peyton also threw a sippy cup at Abby when he was about a year old (cause she was aggravating him) and managed to clock her right in the nose and give her a bloody nose on both sides...the good thing was she never had any signs of it afterwards (just knew she was gonna have 2 black eyes)....

so actually I should make most of you feel alot better cause Peyton is not my typical child, he just happens to be the smart one that can figure ANYTHING out! My other 3 kids didn't do nearly some of the things he has done LOL ...he is just one of those kids that like to see what could happen if I do this.....
Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Angie. lol Peyton sounds like Ryan.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

heck, I have done stupid things...bhahahah

Living life to the fullest!

Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to share that my children are angelic and have never done anything bad.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
Oh Angie. lol Peyton sounds like Ryan.
so I feel your pain....and with Peyton you LITERALLY have to have sight of him at ALL times sometimes even when he is sleeping
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
I just wanted to share that my children are angelic and have never done anything bad.
this seriously made me bust out laughing!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

When Rae was about 7 (and should know better!) she stuck a freaking screwdriver into the electrical outlet! Only by some miracle, she was fine, the handle was rubber. A blue spark came out and scared the crap out of her, now she goes nowhere near it. I am so grateful she was ok, but I was so pissed because she definitely knew the difference!

Benjamin was 2 and was doing this jump/spin combo thing, it was his favorite "move" LOL. He slipped on the carpet and broke his leg. Because it was a spiral fracture, which commonly occurs when adults twist the limbs of children, we got a lot of suspicious looks from the hospital staff. He had a full cast up to his hip. He was just potty trained and had to go back in diapers because the bathroom was set up so it was impossible to maneuver him around. Imagine this, and I had a 4 month old as well, what a long 6 weeks that was.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
pfft.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
so I feel your pain....and with Peyton you LITERALLY have to have sight of him at ALL times sometimes even when he is sleeping
oh gosh yes! especially since on top of everything else Ryan walks in his sleep. heck, I've known the boy to get out of bed, sit on the floor with his monkey, pretend to have a tea party, then get upset about said tea party and start crying about not wanting anymore tea. (mind you that level of activity in his sleep is NOT the norm, talking and walking is)

Old 04-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My dd pushed our television off of the cupboard when she was 3. Bye bye TV. Luckily it didn't fall on top of her (it was one of those old gigantic tv's)
My son ... well where shall I start?
- He has locked himself into the bathroom at 2 and wasn't able to unlock the door.
- He has escaped from the house, also at 2 and went playing in a neighbours house without anyone knowing of it (not even the neighbour)
- He has torn wallpaper off the walls in multiple places in my house. Other walls have 'pretty' marker drawings on them.
- He has this play gun that shoots plastic balls (very light and big ones). The other day he said 'look mom' and he shot a glass marble into his own mouth. Luckily he missed and only hurt his lip!
- He has drawn with permanent marker both on my dinner table and coffee table. And permanent it is.
- He has emptied the bathroom trash bin into the toilet. Entirely.

And he's only 3...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

yes Trish..I feel your pain!!!!! and Peyton also knows the ins and outs of almost any kind of video game you put in front of him....his sister got a new game the other day and was playing and couldn'tfigure something out so Peyton strated playing with her as a 2nd character and she "wow, Peyton how did you do that"...he said "I don't know"...it just comes 2nd nature to him...we also have unplugged all the gaming systems and he has figured out how to plug them all back in and turn them on....so we had to resort to hiding the game remotes and all the games every night!!!! Plus he knows how to "order" games on my amazon kindle and actually knows which ones are free and which ones aren't and what part of the screen to download and install it....I am for a long 13 more years until he graduates LOL!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When JT was about four we were playing around and he decided to do try out a wresting move on me that he had seen on TV and basically shoved two of his fingers up my nose as hard as he could. OMG the pain, and the blood and the tears, he was as hysterical as I was, and my poor face. It was a mess for a long while.

The dumbest thing he ever did though was changes colleges for a girl cause he could not be away from her. Half his credits didn't transfer and then she broke up with him. Still makes me mad when I think about it.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
When JT was about four we were playing around and he decided to do try out a wresting move on me that he had seen on TV and basically shoved two of his fingers up my nose as hard as he could. OMG the pain, and the blood and the tears, he was as hysterical as I was, and my poor face. It was a mess for a long while.

OWWWW!