Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Tell me your crap...

I'm dealing with some dark stuff this week... tell me about yours. No rainbows or kitties allowed.

I have chocolate, wine and a blanket fort available for use.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My job sucks and I would love to quit and walk away but I can't... I am so tired of dealing with students with completely messed up lives and not be able to do anything to help. I am at a point where I am happy if kids are only using pot and alcohol. We have been dealing with suicide and multiple attempted suicides at our school this year. It is all just way too much.

I am so glad we have break this week. I desperately needed some time out of the building. Just hate to think of the issues that will be waiting when we go back...
Old 03-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yikes. That's bad. Are you a guidance counselor? That would be hard to not 'take home' at the end of the day.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the middle of full blown meno and right now I feel my back is going to split wide open OUCH I need this part of my life to end soon! Sorry for those of you going though tough things right now.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzs View Post
My job sucks and I would love to quit and walk away but I can't... I am so tired of dealing with students with completely messed up lives and not be able to do anything to help. I am at a point where I am happy if kids are only using pot and alcohol. We have been dealing with suicide and multiple attempted suicides at our school this year. It is all just way too much.

I am so glad we have break this week. I desperately needed some time out of the building. Just hate to think of the issues that will be waiting when we go back...
That would be such a painful struggle to face daily {{{hugs}}}
Old 03-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
I'm in the middle of full blown meno and right now I feel my back is going to split wide open OUCH I need this part of my life to end soon! Sorry for those of you going though tough things right now.
Ugh. I've been in perimeno for ages and ages. I'm so sorry! I didn't know back pain was a symptom till I just Googled it. How frequently is it a problem?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My job is student support so kind of like a guidance councillor and resource teacher rolled into one.

It is really hard not to take it home with me. Scrapping usually helps me leave it behind but lately it hasn't been enough... This time of year always has me debating my options and thinking of moving somewhere else.

What is getting you down Valerie?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thankfully I don't have to deal with meno yet. Being female has always struck me as the bad end of the stick on many levels. Hope you get some relief soon Ella.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Ugh. I've been in perimeno for ages and ages. I'm so sorry! I didn't know back pain was a symptom till I just Googled it. How frequently is it a problem?
I am year 9 at this,my Dr told me it can take up to ten years when I tested peri ... Yay me I'll pro go for the long run. My symptoms have gotten to the point that I'm stuck at home if it shows up flooding, back pain, headaches. I can go two months or more without or two weeks between but they are more often as of late and very heavy and painful.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:56 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My son's anxiety has really ramped up this week, to the point that it's causing him some real intestinal issues. It's very similar to the stuff that hubby has gone through as a result of his anxiety, and I hate that my son has to deal with it and that I can't do much to help him. He has medication that he takes, and he's learned some tools to help as well. Most of the time we all manage it pretty well. But, when the emotional/chemical stuff starts to cause tangible physical problems . . . I am just having a hard time dealing with it. I want it to go away.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

That sound awful Ella! I have always been plagued with endo and can totally sympathize with you. The worst part is that so many people just don't understand how bad it can be. I find other women are the worst. The whole it can't be that bad, the rest of us suck it up, etc. Sure hope this doesn't go on much longer for you.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hugs Lydia. That can be so hard to deal with. Hope his physical discomforts settle down soon.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My job is student support so kind of like a guidance councillor and resource teacher rolled into one.

It is really hard not to take it home with me. Scrapping usually helps me leave it behind but lately it hasn't been enough... This time of year always has me debating my options and thinking of moving somewhere else.

What is getting you down Valerie?
Parenting junk. My ds (foster then adopted kid) and I had a long talk yesterday about our relationship and it basically ended with him saying that he's not interested in trying to make any changes, that it's all up to me. His POV (which I get) is that if he's been behaving a particular way for the last 5 years then why should he have to change now? (even though we've BEEN FIGHTING about his behavior for 5 years) He doesn't see my side, that after 5 years of putting up with his behavior that I'm hitting the point where I just can't take it anymore.

He bullies me (physically and verbally), criticizes me, mocks me, argues with me, challenges me... but I love him like no one else and I know it. HE's so precious to me.

But I want to strangle a puppy I get so fed up.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am year 9 at this,my Dr told me it can take up to ten years when I tested peri ... Yay me I'll pro go for the long run. My symptoms have gotten to the point that I'm stuck at home if it shows up flooding, back pain, headaches. I can go two months or more without or two weeks between but they are more often as of late and very heavy and painful.
Thankfully I'm not having any pain! but, I've been peri for about 10 years now, mostly night sweats. I wake up most nights and have to change my clothes. It's just bizarre and really disrupts my sleep, which messes up all kinds of other things.

Are there alternative things that you've tried? I'm sure you have and am sick of that question, but...
Old 03-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
My son's anxiety has really ramped up this week, to the point that it's causing him some real intestinal issues. It's very similar to the stuff that hubby has gone through as a result of his anxiety, and I hate that my son has to deal with it and that I can't do much to help him. He has medication that he takes, and he's learned some tools to help as well. Most of the time we all manage it pretty well. But, when the emotional/chemical stuff starts to cause tangible physical problems . . . I am just having a hard time dealing with it. I want it to go away.
How old is he? I had to pull my dd out of school last year because her anxiety got so out of hand. She is 13 now and doing really well.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:15 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
How old is he? I had to pull my dd out of school last year because her anxiety got so out of hand. She is 13 now and doing really well.
He's 11. Honestly, school is going sooooo much better this year than it was last year. His teacher has been such a blessing! I don't know what the trigger was this time. I kind of think his anxiety medication isn't working quite as well because we changed the dose on a different medication that he takes. So, we'll need to talk to his doctor about that. It might be something that regulates itself as his body gets used to the new dose of the other med. Let's hope.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
He's 11. Honestly, school is going sooooo much better this year than it was last year. His teacher has been such a blessing! I don't know what the trigger was this time. I kind of think his anxiety medication isn't working quite as well because we changed the dose on a different medication that he takes. So, we'll need to talk to his doctor about that. It might be something that regulates itself as his body gets used to the new dose of the other med. Let's hope.
I imagine as he goes through this next phase-of-life his medication will need several adjustments, kwim? It's a bit of a crazy time for normally balanced kids! You sounds like a very attentive mommy
Old 03-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thankfully I'm not having any pain! but, I've been peri for about 10 years now, mostly night sweats. I wake up most nights and have to change my clothes. It's just bizarre and really disrupts my sleep, which messes up all kinds of other things.

Are there alternative things that you've tried? I'm sure you have and am sick of that question, but...
Apple cider vinager works for hot flashes and night sweats

Use 1 - 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar
Added to 8 ounces water (or other beverage of choice)
Drink 1-2 times daily
Old 03-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry for everyone going through hard times

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Apple cider vinager works for hot flashes and night sweats

Use 1 - 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar
Added to 8 ounces water (or other beverage of choice)
Drink 1-2 times daily
Ok, you are the 2nd person who's said this and I wrote the first one off as some sort of natural-herbal-crazy-talk. Does this really work?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ok, you are the 2nd person who's said this and I wrote the first one off as some sort of natural-herbal-crazy-talk. Does this really work?
Yes does for me and helps stop the weight gain too
Old 03-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes does for me and helps stop the weight gain too
Shut the front door. Well, that does it... I'm trying it.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

... and now I'm done scrapping and crawling into bed with a book. (((hugs))) all around, it gets better and blah, blah, blah. I'm tempted to say it's the circle of the life, but that involves creatures eating each other, right? What is the phrase I'm looking for?!

Well, this too shall pass. That will have to work for now. MWAH!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and you can post more crap. I will read it and sympathize tomorrow. I promise.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is just waiting right now - waiting for my daughter's EEG results - well the one last week was apparently just inconclusive so they are having her do a 24 hour one that is going to be April 14th. She also had neuropsyc testing done - it was suppose to be 3 sessions of testing - it took 4...she finished this week, we have to wait until April 26th for those results.

She's the happiest little girl in the world - and loves her friends and teacher and school, and drawing and dance; I should just focus on that. But she's struggling with memory stuff, and learning and sometimes just seems to forget everything she knows, everything you have said to her, or just not be able to make connections to what she should be doing (like yesterday at school she needed her reading book for the table her teacher said - and just stood there lost for 2 minutes even after someone tried to help her, then got the wrong reading book)...I can't help her, I don't know what it is, I can't find any patterns of when or why things happen because it is all so inconsistent and not every day we see these things. I feel like the other shoe is going to drop when we get all these results and I can't shake that feeling.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's been a tough week: recovering from being sick last weekend (DS still has a runny nose & his cheeks are rubbed redaw from wiping), getting into a car accident Wednesday (we're fine but now have to deal with insurance, rental cars, repairs, etc.), a bad eating & exercise week, and still no news, good or bad, abt the jobs I'm waiting to hear back from.

It's been a whole lot worse & I know it but I'm also PMSing so really I'd just like to wallow for a night.

Luckily, it's Easter weekend & we have lots of fun activities going on (and, thus, many pictures to be taken) so I know that will cheer me up.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I could somehow make things better for all of you going through so much. Just know that there's someone out there who's thinking about you and hoping for a good turn around!!
Old 03-26-2016, 12:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Get this baby out of me! I'm only 38 weeks but feel like I am about to split open. I got braces 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to eat much. Great for the weight gain, but I hate feeling hungry all the time. Soup just doesn't do it anymore. I need a steak or a big slice of cheesy pizza. Mmmmmm.
Oh and my heartburn is over the top bad. As soon as I lay down, my chest and throat are on fire. This baby girl better come out with lots of hair!
Old 03-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I want to go home. To America. And live in my hometown and drop my kids off at my parents' house and go on egg hunts and hayrides and watch my kids play baseball. I want to have seasons and shop at Target and to be able to afford cheese. I want central air; I never want to be hot again unless it's at the beach or the pool. I want to go to the grocery store and no one stare at me.

I used to love living overseas, and we recently had the opportunity to go back to the US and I felt totally torn, like I would be happy either way. But the truth is that I'm sad either way, too, and I miss my mom. And I want to spend Easter with my family. I would miss the Philippines, too, if we left, but right now I'm having a hard time remembering that. Especially when it's hot as hades and we don't have central air.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hugs to everyone. My moan isn't anything huge. My injured right foot now seems to be some kind of inflammatory arthritis (?rheumatoid?). I can't bend my toes from the MCP joint, and constantly walk with a limp now because it's sore if I walk normally. I'm on the waiting list for an appointment with the rheumatology clinic. I was in a moonboot with it for several weeks, only to slip on some concrete 2 weeks ago, landing on my left leg and doing some serious grazing to my left foot. The wounds were deep, and have been slow to heal. My left foot is now more painful than my right, so I'm limping on both sides. :/ I feel like a 70 yr old. My exercise and healthy eating plan have gone out the window and of course that makes me feel even worse, because I know I'm using my feet as an excuse. Ugh. I hate getting old.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's so hot in here, we'll be moving in a couple of weeks, my husband's not here and I'm the only one to deal with all of those..
Old 03-26-2016, 06:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Looks like I'm going to have to move closer to uni in July because these 13-15 hour days are killing me. Big thing right now is $$$ - because I have no "essential" hire purchases or any for that matter I cant get any more govt financial help. By my calculations I'll have $35 a week of emergency/fun money ($25 the week that my CC sub comes out) after essentials which then means no eating out, no movies, no ssd supplies, no trips home at all - I'd feel happier if it was $50 even. I'll also have no internet unless I'm at McDonalds or at Uni

Although I'm sad the positives of being emotionally and physically happy outweigh the negatives I hope. I'll be doing a trial run for a week next month to see if its viable for the 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 03-26-2016 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That sound awful Ella! I have always been plagued with endo and can totally sympathize with you. The worst part is that so many people just don't understand how bad it can be. I find other women are the worst. The whole it can't be that bad, the rest of us suck it up, etc. Sure hope this doesn't go on much longer for you.
Thank you Sue, it is excruciating,no over the counter pain meds help I don't even feel a difference if I take them. It honestly feels like back labor ... I'm ready to be gutted if they would let me.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I want to go home. To America. And live in my hometown and drop my kids off at my parents' house and go on egg hunts and hayrides and watch my kids play baseball. I want to have seasons and shop at Target and to be able to afford cheese. I want central air; I never want to be hot again unless it's at the beach or the pool. I want to go to the grocery store and no one stare at me.

I used to love living overseas, and we recently had the opportunity to go back to the US and I felt totally torn, like I would be happy either way. But the truth is that I'm sad either way, too, and I miss my mom. And I want to spend Easter with my family. I would miss the Philippines, too, if we left, but right now I'm having a hard time remembering that. Especially when it's hot as hades and we don't have central air.
That had to be so hard, my oldest and his girls my only grandchildren moved away and I rarely see them now it is so hard. this will be my first Easter in ages without them here. I can only imagine it is just as tough from the other side. {{{hugs}}}
Old 03-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clucaswvu04 View Post
Mine is just waiting right now - waiting for my daughter's EEG results - well the one last week was apparently just inconclusive so they are having her do a 24 hour one that is going to be April 14th. She also had neuropsyc testing done - it was suppose to be 3 sessions of testing - it took 4...she finished this week, we have to wait until April 26th for those results.

She's the happiest little girl in the world - and loves her friends and teacher and school, and drawing and dance; I should just focus on that. But she's struggling with memory stuff, and learning and sometimes just seems to forget everything she knows, everything you have said to her, or just not be able to make connections to what she should be doing (like yesterday at school she needed her reading book for the table her teacher said - and just stood there lost for 2 minutes even after someone tried to help her, then got the wrong reading book)...I can't help her, I don't know what it is, I can't find any patterns of when or why things happen because it is all so inconsistent and not every day we see these things. I feel like the other shoe is going to drop when we get all these results and I can't shake that feeling.
Cheryl prayers for you and your daughter, that has to be so scary
Old 03-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I though I should quit jacking the thread with quotes so....

LeeAndra: I hope things turn around for you soon, I backed my car into Skyle'rs in our own driveway last week (ya... insert eye roll) I've been dealing with both cars not fun,
Niki: Thank you
Jacinda: rheumatoid arthritis can be extremely painful and debilitating so sorry to hear you are dealing with it.
Cheri: I hope that sweet bundle arrives soon
And Jennifer I hope things turn around financially for you, hang in there.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBig View Post
Get this baby out of me! I'm only 38 weeks but feel like I am about to split open. I got braces 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to eat much. Great for the weight gain, but I hate feeling hungry all the time. Soup just doesn't do it anymore. I need a steak or a big slice of cheesy pizza. Mmmmmm.
Oh and my heartburn is over the top bad. As soon as I lay down, my chest and throat are on fire. This baby girl better come out with lots of hair!
OMG with my baby girl I ate Tums for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and in between my heartburn was so friggin' bad.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Kellie! When was the last time you came home for a visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Hugs to everyone. My moan isn't anything huge. My injured right foot now seems to be some kind of inflammatory arthritis (?rheumatoid?).
I must've missed your initial injury. What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
It's so hot in here, we'll be moving in a couple of weeks, my husband's not here and I'm the only one to deal with all of those..
Where are you moving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
Looks like I'm going to have to move closer to uni in July because these 13-15 hour days are killing me.
Can you do a little tutoring on the side or something? Just to bring a little extra cash?
Old 03-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ella - I think the Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar is very healthy. I drink it in a half glass of cranberry juice with a splash of organic lemon juice.

I'm trying to stay positive but it's scary to have my job downsized after 20 years of being a full time job (transcription at home). I had two clients but one retired and I had been on a monthly salary for 20 yrs so always was guaranteed a steady income no matter how little work there might be at times, plus paid holidays and vacation. Now I only get 1/3 of the salary charging independently for work done and need to find another client but I'm not finding anything right now. I've been looking for months. I took on some dog walking which gives me a little bit extra but I do need to find another steady client soon. I would like to stay working at home and just dread the idea of going to work in an office somewhere. Hope it all works out and I'm trying to be positive about it.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, everybody has so much going on. So sorry things are rough. HUGS!!!

I think we need some puppies and rainbows by now!

My issue is my ever-present one. Like Val, we have a son we adopted from foster care and he is 16.5. I probably could have written her post as our lives seem so similar! He is uncooperative, and becomes violent if we try to enforce anything like making him doing homework. My husband was traveling all but one day of the last 8 and I got to deal with him solo. It gets really tiring being called names and being cursed at and someone treating you with no respect. Ahhh, such fun!

Re the perimenopause stuff. I think God makes our periods so miserable toward the end so that we'll welcome menopause. Kind of like the end of a pregnancy being so uncomfortable that we'd rather go in to labor than continue being pregnant!! But after 33 years of periods and such I am ready to be done!!!
Old 03-26-2016, 07:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I must've missed your initial injury. What happened?
I thought maybe I'd sustained a stress fracture or something in my foot, because I'd done a workout the day before (though hadn't noticed anything at the time). The following day it hurt to walk on my foot, and it got more and more painful as the days went by. I got 3 xrays and an MRI before they figured out it is more an inflammation than an injury. They suspect arthritis of some kind, but can't confirm anything till I see a rheumatologist.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I call my entire life a crappy dark period most of the time but that's because my endometriosis is to the point that it's debilitating. Plus it causes a ton of other issues (which I won't go into right now)

And lately Kennedy is going through a mid life 5 year old crisis. I could swear the child is going through PMS most of the time. I can't wait for the teenage years :/
Old 03-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

PMS and infection are not a fun mix! 'Nough said
Old 03-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I spend most days in a dark dark place.... in fact, besides my kids and my dog giving me a reason to get up every single day the only time I find any joy is when I'm here or trying to scrap.

3 years ago we lost our home, we moved in with a family member "temporarily" until things cleared up... things only keep getting worse THe government is giving us the run around with finances they OWE US, I go to interview after interview after interview and get nothing (and I've even taken courses on how to ace an interview... it sucks living in a small area where jobs are scarce and if you don't "know someone" you get nothing)... hubby got a great job, things were looking up and then the trade crashed and so did the job... at christmas time the government FINALLY fixed their issues and sent us half the money they owed us... then last month when we were supposed to get the rest they decided they wanted to back track and now they want us to give them thousands back that was rightfully ours and they are holding the rest.... it's just one big mess.... and now my family is really starting to hate me, but it's really not my fault and is out of control, by the time everything gets cleared up and can go back to normal I won't have any family left. It seems like no matter how hard we try we get no where, and it has gotten to the point where I hate the feeling of being happy cause when things start to go our way and we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel something happens and all hope is lost.

So yea, that's my life..... 3 years of tiny ups and lots of downs.... I think I fake happy enough that I probably won't recognize the real thing when it happens.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sending and to all!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, in 2013 I fell in love with a man while married, decided to separate & divorce in 2014, and in 2015 I moved my girls and I 1800km to move in with my boyfriend. We've been "together" for almost 2.5 years now and it's going well, besides having to deal with legal stuff and my exhusband being a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2016, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I spend most days in a dark dark place.... in fact, besides my kids and my dog giving me a reason to get up every single day the only time I find any joy is when I'm here or trying to scrap.

So yea, that's my life..... 3 years of tiny ups and lots of downs.... I think I fake happy enough that I probably won't recognize the real thing when it happens.
Oh Jenn.......I'm so sorry! Huge hugs. I know when I've done everything I can and it still doesn't work, I turn it over to the Lord. Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.