Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2014, 02:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Online Storage (again)

I know there have been threads about this in the past (I've actually gone back and read a few), however, I'm interested in discussing it a bit more. I currently rely on several methods to store my files and I'd like to consider something new, so I'm looking for advice.

At the moment, I back up my photos and important files (scrap pages and tiff files) on a monthly basis. This includes saving one copy to an EHD and 2 copies to DVDs. One copy of the DVDs is stored in a safe deposit box. For my scrapbook kits, I only save one copy to my EHD and then delete them off my computer (they have all been used and I rarely access them again). I am considering Backblaze, which will help back up what's on my computer, however, it doesn't solve for the "problem" of what I only store on my EHD. I only plug my EHD in once per month when I'm transitioning all of my files, but I don't always get on every 30 days. I like the $5/month cost. I'm worried that at some point in the not too distant future, CD/DVDs will be obsolete, so I'd rather make a plan now than have to convert everything later.

So, what is your method, why did you choose it and are you happy with it? (and how much does it cost?)

Thanks!