Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Is Pinterest Dead?

Are you guys still posting there these days? Because I only have like five people who are showing up on my page. Maybe I don't really know how to view my page. When I go to www.pinterest.com, it should show me all the new pins my friends have made, right? So if there aren't very many, then it's because not so many folks are posting? Am I speakin' the truth?

I have all this time that needs to be wasted before I go to bed, and I have nothing new to look at. : (
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

HA, I haven't been there in awhile and haven't pinned anything from google reader in a long time.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use it all the time. I have been using it for birthday ideas for my girls, kit inspiration, and home decor...I love it so.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I still use it quite a bit, but I just worked the last 7 days straight so i haven't had time to really use it
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
I use it all the time. I have been using it for birthday ideas for my girls, kit inspiration, and home decor...I love it so.
Yes, Jenn. You are one of the five still popping up on my page. I appreciate it. If you could have a son, though, that might provide me with a little more inspiration...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I just don't ever have time LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I never even joined lol
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just started using it, which figures since its apparently no longer cool! Honestly Kellie, it might have gotten uncool specifically because I started going there :P

In all fairness, i do a lot of looking at other people's pins and not a whole lot of pinning... I'll try to get with the program and post some interesting crap for you.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I still use it everyday.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have to use it for a dt i'm on so i pin to that account which means that i'm continuously logged on to that account and never get to actually use my own - i'm lazy about logging out logging back in.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I still use it if not daily then every other day.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I use it a few times a week, but I don't pin a lot...I'm a lurker.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I still use it all the time. I it.

I'm not entirely sure how the front page works, but it seems like it only shows pins from a certain time period - like maybe the last 24 hours at most? I find it annoying because there's no place to view all the pins from the people you follow which seems to kind of defeat the purpose of following people. I do the majority of my pinning from the Most Discussed & Everything categories and subcategories instead since there is way more eye candy shown at once there.

I really hope the site isn't dying. I love love love the concept (way more than I love Facebook or Twitter) but the site is definitely experiencing growing pains and I think that turns some people off. But I'm still hoping that they'll be able to work it all out.

ETA: One other thing I was going to say is the number of pins that are shown seems to vary depending on whether the site loads properly or not. Like I might not see that many pins on the front page but if I wait a little bit (like even 5 minutes) and refresh, it'll add a bunch more pins that are older than the ones I already saw? I notice this happens on pretty much every page of the site so I think it's all tied into the server issues they seem to have a lot.

Last edited by Nettio; 04-04-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Pinterest! I haven't been pinning anything lately though because I can't get my Pin It button to get up on my bookmark bar. DH keeps saying he'll fix it (it's just some random setting he has to fix), but he hasn't done it yet!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post

I'm not entirely sure how the front page works, but it seems like it only shows pins from a certain time period - like maybe the last 24 hours at most? I find it annoying because there's no place to view all the pins from the people you follow which seems to kind of defeat the purpose of following people. I do the majority of my pinning from the Most Discussed & Everything categories and subcategories instead since there is way more eye candy shown at once there.

ETA: One other thing I was going to say is the number of pins that are shown seems to vary depending on whether the site loads properly or not. Like I might not see that many pins on the front page but if I wait a little bit (like even 5 minutes) and refresh, it'll add a bunch more pins that are older than the ones I already saw? I notice this happens on pretty much every page of the site so I think it's all tied into the server issues they seem to have a lot.
ditto....Amanda got me hooked and I am there EVERYDAY..and I repin things and find myself pinning things from other sites...I pin alot of birthday ideas, photogrpahy ideas and crafts Add me as a friend Kellie... Angela Miller, if you can't find me, look for Amanda Pratt and I am one of her followers
Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate that you can't pin from Google Reader. I hate having to click over to the site to be able to pin what I like.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1279 View Post
I hate that you can't pin from Google Reader. I hate having to click over to the site to be able to pin what I like.
that would be an amazing feature!!!! Seriously!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I use it most days...like Lynnette, I pin mostly from the Everything and Most Discussed boards (and find TONS of people to follow on there), so my main page is pretty busy most of the time...
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use it still, though not as much as I originally did. I'm following quite a number of people so I still get quite a bit of stuff to look at, but I also pin stuff from the "Everything" category
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I finally signed up a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to dig in. Is there an iPhone app yet? I'd use it a lot more...rarely on my desktop these days. Love the concept!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just recently signed up if anyone wants to "follow" me!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
I finally signed up a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to dig in. Is there an iPhone app yet? I'd use it a lot more...rarely on my desktop these days. Love the concept!
According to this page, there is an iPhone app coming but I haven't seen anywhere that says when exactly. Hopefully soon!

But there is a way to pin from the iPhone now using a bookmarklet. I do it all the time. I followed these directions: http://www.simplythenest.com/journal...he-iphone.html
Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

I signed up recently, and love it. At first I was spending hours a night, but lately I go on every few nights. I also look mostly at the Most discussed, and the people I follow seem to post quite a bit, so a lot of good stuff when I log in. I have found a lot of really yummy looking recipes there.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Angie, their find your friends feature sucks rocks. I cannot find you, but let me tell ya, searching for "Angela" anything pulls up some scantily clad ladies that I was not expecting.

How do I add you as a friend? I have decided to ask you to be my FB friend, and if you say yes, I hope to have better luck finding you on Pinterest.

You should be warned, though, that I pin anything in the turquoise/aquamarine category.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

hahahaha Kellie....I friended you on FB...if you can't find me on Pinterest, look for Amanda Pratt {she is much easier to find} and then look under her followers and you will find me there
Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Kellie I found you on Pinterest and am now one of your followers
Old 04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lol, I simply forgot about it. Maybe now that I have a little more time, I'll spend more time on it.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post

I really hope the site isn't dying. I love love love the concept (way more than I love Facebook or Twitter) but the site is definitely experiencing growing pains and I think that turns some people off. But I'm still hoping that they'll be able to work it all out.

Can I just say I love your pins? Specially the wordarts you find? lol I repin almost everything from yours!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

just a question - how long does it take to get an invite from them to register - I just entered my email addy now

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you message me your email addy you will get it quicker. I heard it takes forever to get one from them.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~