Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default So Bad that I'm Embarrassed

I went through all my digi kits and deleted all the ones that I just know I will never use (basically all the freebie ones that I downloaded when I first started digi) and then made a separate label in ACDSee for all the kits that I have yet to even use. Well I'm embarrassed to admit that I have 39 FULL SIZED kits that haven't even seen the light of day yet, I haven't even used them on one layout. None of them are freebies either, so that means I've spent $$ on all of them and haven't even used them And that doesn't even include all the kits that I have that I've only used once or the mini kits

I really think I need to put myself on a spending freeze until I use these kits - man that's "at least" 36 layouts! It's such a waste to just hold onto them and not use them - ugh!

Last edited by AddictedScrapper; 08-26-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i consider collecting kits a whole other hobby!

but maybe I will try to do one LO a month with stuff I have never used . . .
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am bad with that too! There are some I haven't even unzipped yet!! For example, I have soooo many of Dani's kit and other goodies, but you wouldn't know it from my gallery! I am trying to make a point to sit and use that stuff before buying anything else! But it is sooo hard with all the CUUUUTEEE stuff that keeps coming out!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow that's a lot of kits!

I have so much stuff that I have never used either but not full kits so much usually alphas or other embellishments.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am pretty sure we all are guilt of this! I'll raise my hand and say that I've purchased several kits that I have yet to use. I buy them as I know I will use them one day when they are sale and don't want to miss out on them. I try to clean out my EHD every month to also get rid of the "CRAP" and only use high-quality products. It is so easy to get into a freebie frenzy when you first start digi and now if it is something I haven't used to date and it was free I dump it!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBoo View Post
I am bad with that too! There are some I haven't even unzipped yet!! For example, I have soooo many of Dani's kit and other goodies, but you wouldn't know it from my gallery! I am trying to make a point to sit and use that stuff before buying anything else! But it is sooo hard with all the CUUUUTEEE stuff that keeps coming out!
Same here!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty sure I have more kits than that that I have never used! I've been really good in past months though and I think I've used about 98% of the ones I've gotten within those months. It's the older ones that get moved to my EHD that get forgotten.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I have a lot, I honestly do not want to know how many I have that I haven't used LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If it makes you feel better, I am positive I have more unused kits than that tucked away on my EHDs.

The problem I have is that I am on so many CTs that I don't usually get time to scrap with non-CT work because I am too lazy to make and stick to a schedule, but I still feel compelled to buy the cool kits and doodahs that come out from other designers. This means that I rarely ever plunge into the stash that steadily grows over the course of the year, but I would somehow feel incomplete and 'not with it' without my little stash to pet and look at from afar.

It's a sickness.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am totally in the same boat. I made a list of all the kits I still have not even TOUCHED and I have 35 that need to be used! I have a check off list going. I told myself I cannot buy anything new until I make something with at least 5-10 of them!!! My problem is I always get soooo excited about new ones that I forget about the old ones!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I'm glad I'm not alone and I was sure that I wasn't but it's still so sad to think of all the wonderful supplies that I have yet to use. I think that part of the joy of scrapping is buying supplies - it's a sick enjoyment LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im another one that is guilty of spendign and spending and not even using a quarter of my stash!! Actually my cts keep me busy enough to where I really dont NEED anythign at all LOL and I still spend all my money! I know you will use it all eventually hon, thats what I keep telling myself anyway lmao!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Yep, totally the same boat. Especially since I buy stuff from other sites, but mostly scrap for this one, I find I don't have time for the other kits, which is so SAD! I don't have enough hours in the day for all the scrapping I want to do.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Same here. But - if you're happy when choosing and buying them, it is positive, right? And you can still use them.
Sometimes, I try to say to myself like "You already HAVE a spring kit in blue-orange-yellow with similar flowers..." or so and I don't buy and only put the kit on my loooong wishlist.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm down to 22 unused kits. I started the year with something like 40 of them. I also have 28 kits that have only been used once & I am really trying to use kits at least twice. Many of the used once kits are from CT so I don't feel guilty about lost money with them. Most of the unused kits are from a few months back. I've gotten pretty good about only buying things I know I am going to use right away - sale or no sale.

I've been pretty strict with myself the last few months because I am saving up to buy a D40 camera.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If you're bad then I'm way worse!!!! I have so many kits not used it's unbelievable----I also consider collecting them my 2nd hobby.....just like when I quilted (the old saying was, she who dies with the most fabric wins!) Well, that's how I feel about digi stuff now.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing okay with kits so far since I'm just buying as I "need" them at this point. LOL But I haven't been doing this for long so I'm sure that will change.

It's all those dang freebies I downloaded when I first started that are a mess for me. Like you said, some of them are just junk and need deleted but then I look at them again and think, hm, maybe I'll need that someday for XYZ . . . LOL At least that would make room for some more new kits, right? That needs to go on my to-do list.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomi View Post
Sometimes, I try to say to myself like "You already HAVE a spring kit in blue-orange-yellow with similar flowers..." or so and I don't buy and only put the kit on my loooong wishlist.
I have gotten MUCH better at this lately too. I see PINK and it screams at me, but I don't need it! I have a TON of pink!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am so bad...I buy pretty much every kit that is beach themed even though I have at least a dozen and I have so much pink and my daughter despises pink but I love the color so much. It makes me happy
Old 08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I am another one who seriously has a collecting problem. I did go through a month or so ago and make a new file called new/unused and copied anything that I haven't used into it and then when I go to start a layout, I start there. And then when I use something, I just delete the copy out of that folder. It has also been good for me to actually SEE how many I haven't touched and inspired me to try to use them, I mean, I spent money on them b/c I liked them and felt like I HAD to have them, right?

I agree that it may be a sickness though!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

UGH! I have the same problem! The thing is, is that I have super FABULOUS CT's that I get awesome stuff for, so I always use that stuff first.....then I still have to buy stuff cause I need some stuff, lol! So a lot of the stuff I actually spend money on ends up not being used.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
If it makes you feel better, I am positive I have more unused kits than that tucked away on my EHDs.

The problem I have is that I am on so many CTs that I don't usually get time to scrap with non-CT work because I am too lazy to make and stick to a schedule, but I still feel compelled to buy the cool kits and doodahs that come out from other designers. This means that I rarely ever plunge into the stash that steadily grows over the course of the year, but I would somehow feel incomplete and 'not with it' without my little stash to pet and look at from afar.

It's a sickness.
Totally the same problem here.
Which is why I've vowed not to buy a single scrapbooking thing for the next month. I'm on day 6. Willpower is already weakening.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I can't even go there lol..I know I'm in that boat too. Problem is Saturday rolls around & more sweet things release & well I just have to buy them!! Good luck scrapping those kits
Old 08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

39?... is that all?! pffft!

I love collecting as much as scrapping, I'll admit it. I need a big stash and, no, I'm not just telling myself that to feel better. I don't always know exactly what I want for a layout, but I know when I see it, if that makes any sense. I generally need a lot to draw on to find what feels just right for a layout. If I can't find it in my stash, I'll probably be going shopping until I do find what I want, so it's better if it's in my stash already.

I honestly don't feel bad that I have so much unused stuff. It makes me happy that there's so much there for me to draw on and so many possible layouts waiting there for me.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2aria06

Oh goodness! I have SOOOO many kits that I have bought and never used! Its seriously pathetic!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I probably have over a 100 I haven't used.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I think I probably have over a 100 I haven't used.
Oh my gosh that is crazy!

I've always referred to myself as a "practical scrapper", basically meaning I only buy what I use - that is until I became a digi scrapper and that totally went out the window. It just bothers me that I have that many kits (and a ton more elements/alphas/etc that I haven't even mentioned) unused. I feel like it's such a waste to just hold onto them and never use since they are so nice. Now does it bother me enough not to buy another kit until I use those up - I guess I'll find out on Saturday LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hey that would be a good challenge for here - make us use a kit or item we've never used before, and it can't be a new release from this week.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Guilty here as well lol But I cant stop! I have perfect photos in mind each kit I purchase but something comes up for one reason or another and it gets pushed aside and I run across it and be like hmmmmm what an awesome kit!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a kit collector too. I can't help myself!! A lot of them I get knowing that I'll use them, I just need the perfect photos first!! LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ohhh man-I would hate to even count...and I delete A LOT...Money down the drain...I have been trying to use up any of my PAID for kits from SSD the last few weeks so that I can not feel guilty getting anything new from the store.
I'm so lucky to have amazing CT's but those kits always get used right away.

I shop very few other places to be honest...BUT, since becoming a Sugarbabe I haven't even scrapped with any of it-and I sure have bought it(KASIA).
Old 08-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I used to get freebies all the time and now lol, although I love them, I just don't download much. They go into a MISC folder and never get opened. I use SS 99% of the time. (And I have quite a few of those that I've never opened after I unzipped and filed. Maybe that should be my goal for next month.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

me, me, me!!! I am in the exact same boat. I have tons of unused stuff, but I can't get rid of it because what if I need it one day... It is definitely a sickness!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total collector here...bordering on obsessive. If it's cute and I like it, I have to have it. I think I have issues...

Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I totally need to have a clean out too... In fact Im going to do that now.

I have allot of SSD kits that I know I havent touched yet. I think the spending freeze is a good idea... although I know it wont happen for me.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcardall View Post
me, me, me!!! I am in the exact same boat. I have tons of unused stuff, but I can't get rid of it because what if I need it one day... It is definitely a sickness!
me too!!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This thread is seriously cracking me up! I think we all thought we were secrectly hoarding kits...I've actually deleted stuff that I PAID for because I bought it when I first started and now I'm realizing the quality was not good. I'm so glad I'm not the only OCD scrapper....
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

whoa that's a load of kits!!
but i have a dozen too that i have purchased and haven't used... mostly it's holiday/activities related, so i have not had the picture to scrap with

Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystoffel View Post
This thread is seriously cracking me up! I think we all thought we were secrectly hoarding kits...I've actually deleted stuff that I PAID for because I bought it when I first started and now I'm realizing the quality was not good. I'm so glad I'm not the only OCD scrapper....

I never paid for anything before I came to SSD, but I just discovered that I have 22 unused SSD kits.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Put me down for 35 unused kits...and those are just hte ones on my hard drive. A while back I subscribed to the Flylady's suggestion to get rid of things that make you feel guilty and deleted a whole bunch of stuff. But the stuff I kept I actually LIKE and WANT to use, I just haven't yet.

I'm a total sucker for dollar deals; but really, the majority of my unused kits were dollar deals. Probably if I don't like them enough to buy them at full price, I'm not going to use them at a buck, either. But that doesn't seem to slow me down.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Don't feel bad....I have 38 designer's folders (that's just people I "buy" alot from not including "other designers that I buy off and on from or my elements, paper packs, alphabet's ect... folders) and among the first 8 folders I found 35 unused kits!!!!

So seriously...DO NOT FEEL BAD!!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ummmm, I have 72. Yes, 72 unused kits that I have in my "to scrap with" folder! I am getting better, though! I've made it a practice in the last couple of months to go to that folder first and also to use a kit more than once!