Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default One Little Word

How many of you are planning on doing this for 2012? I have started the year with a word the past couple of years, but it always gets lost in the shuffle of life I think. Have any of you taken the Ali Edwards class? Worth it? I really love the concept, and would love to really incorporate a word in 2012, but perhaps I am just worried I will lose sight of it again. Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This will be my third year. My word this year is change. I am going to be going through a lot of changes this year, so that's why I chose that word.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was really good about my word for 2009 (Priorities), and stuck with it all year. 2010 my word was Health, but I only lasted on that for the first 1/4 of the year. Don't think I'll bother next year, but if I do decide to go ahead with it, I'll probably go with Spirit. Working on my spirituality, connecting with God better, working on that side of things.

Last edited by jacinda; 12-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I have a word.. but.. I don't know. I am waffling on Ali's class too, Aly. I can't make up my mind.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a word... but I'm not taking the class... I totally would if I could afford it though.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm really bad at follow through on a class... lol!! So, I do the word... but haven't done the class. This past year was "cherish"... I wanted to cherish time - but the year seemed to fly anyway, so I'm not so sure how successful I was... so I'm thinking this year my word is focus... I need to focus on things - I'm easily distracted by things that are shiny... or things that update frequently like forums, pinterest, and other sites... lol!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am! I just signed up for Ali's class yesterday. I took it in 2011 as well but didn't end up doing as much with it as I hoped because I was so busy at the beginning of last year. But what I liked about her class was that it's not super intensive - only like 1 layout a month so I'm hoping I can keep up with them this year.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I'm really bad at follow through on a class... lol!! So, I do the word... but haven't done the class. This past year was "cherish"... I wanted to cherish time - but the year seemed to fly anyway, so I'm not so sure how successful I was... so I'm thinking this year my word is focus... I need to focus on things - I'm easily distracted by things that are shiny... or things that update frequently like forums, pinterest, and other sites... lol!
ME TOO!!!

I probably won't do it, but if I did, FOCUS would TOTALLY be my word. And I'd totally fail.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 12-19-2011, 01:02 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

You know, this year I had a word, and then . . . life. And, handling the things that were happening in my life was more important than worrying about that word. I can see how it's a great idea and can give you a lot of guidance and perspective throughout the year. I guess I'm just still in a little bit of shock from 2011, and I'm not trying to make too many plans or have too many expectations for 2012. I'm going to take what comes and try to be happy along the way.

Bleh. Don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer, cause I really do think it's a great idea, and I've done it in the past. But, I won't be doing it this year.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it, but won't be doing Ali's class (can't afford it!). I was thinking of doing monthly layouts documenting how I've lived my word. If anyone has any prompts, ideas, etc that would help I'd be grateful
Old 12-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I'm still thinking about it
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
LOL, my word was focus last year... for just those reasons. I can't say I was totally successful with it, but it was a reminder for me to get back on track with things. It was beneficial having the word. I'm terrible with class follow-through, also, so I wouldn't take the class even if I could afford it. I'll probably pick a word for next year, I haven't thought about what it would be, though. Maybe follow-through or finish .
Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

so i am happy to report that while i didn't scrap my one little word and i never took a before picture. this was what i wrote last year on the thread...
"Wellness - that's going to be my word. For me this encapsulates:
* physical wellness (i need to lose 20 pounds and definitely move more, i have neck problems and need to do my exercises more regularly, i need to go to bed earlier, take better care of my teeth and my skin.)
* mental wellness (i can be really negative and need to focus more on the positive.)"

I lost 30 pounds this year. Started running, walked nearly every day. I've totally changed my eating habits. My teeth and skin are great. Still working on the mental wellness pieces.

I toyed with the idea of my word for 2012 being MAINTAIN, but I'm on the fence because I think CAPTURE would be a good word too as I really want to try and photograph & document more in 2012. So I'm going to think about it over the next two weeks and settle on one.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that's so nice Celeste!!

I want to do OLW next year - not necessarily the class, though. Is Ali's class worth it, for those who have taken it?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I always pick a word, but don't really do much with it. I would love to take the class but probably won't.

I think SSD should do some sort of challenge with it.

My word is going to be Patience.
Patience to know that things don't change over night, patience with my child, especially since she is just learning, patience to know that it will all fall into place eventually.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Aviso View Post
Wow, that's so nice Celeste!!

I want to do OLW next year - not necessarily the class, though. Is Ali's class worth it, for those who have taken it?
Well I love Ali's classes so for me it's worth it. It works out to being $3 a month which isn't bad considering you get a monthly prompt, some digi downloads, a video, forum access, etc. I found that even though I didn't do all the layouts this past year, I still kept my word in a mind a lot more than I would have, especially with the monthly reminder emails that arrived on the 1st of every month.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I will choose a word this year ... I am caught between a few so I am letting it ruminate ... see where it ends up by the first.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I am definitely planning on choosing my One Little Word for 2012. I did for 2011 and actually took the Ali Edward's Class although I didn't complete all the lessons. There was a lot of good information and inspiration. I hope to use this format for this year but I won't take the class again as it will feature the same prompts.

Here is a link to the One Little Word December Blog Hop if you are looking for some inspiration:
One Little Word Blog Hop
Old 12-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Can someone explain to me exactly what OLW is? and why you would take the class? Thanks!