Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2019: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word :

#2. Product :
Scrap with a futuristic kit... aliens, space, technology. Push yourself to scrap an off-theme layout with a very themed kit!

#3. Featured : Grace & Jenn in January
Our featured designer articles have been expanded since we started our alphabet inspired series, and are showcased on the blog each time a new designer goes into the spotlight. Your challenge is to use any solo product from either Grace or Jenn PLUS discover something from either Grace or Jenn's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!

The following are a few ideas on how you may glean inspiration from a FD interview... Using this interview with Meg [featured in December] ... You might be inspired by the red and white cookie jars in her kitchen to scrap a red & white layout. Maybe you'd like to include the quote she shared “The Best Thing About Memories Is Making Them” on your page, maybe you were inspired by the letter “G” to scrap your own OLW starting with the letter G... or perhaps you might simply want to lift one of the layouts created by the Babes to show off the FD freebie. It’s totally up to YOU to decide how you'd want to be loosely inspired by one of our FD blog posts.

#4. Inspired By :
Create a layout inspired by this pin looking back on 2018 and forward to 2019...

#5. List :
Include a To-Do List in one of the layouts you scrap this month!

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography :
Photograph Change ...
Capture change in a series of images whether it be a growing belly, the changing of seasons, a messy house to a clean one, weight loss progression photos.
Show us “change” in a series of photos and scrap it!

#8. Quote :
Use the following quote on your page.

#9. Seasonal :
National Bird Day is on January 5th, scrap a page using birds galore!
Feel free to work birds into your page using photographs or papers & elements from your favorite digital kits!

#10. Typography :
Use the font Elianto to create a fun & futuristic title on one of your layouts this month!
Click on the image below to download the font and then use it on your page.

#11. Wild Card :
Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition :
2019 is the perfect time for a fresh start, or a blank slate so to speak.
Use this as inspiration to create a layout with tons of white space like these layouts from our community members...

Sheana

bcnatty

Leahblahblah

#13. Journal :
The January issue of Real Simple magazine has an article about making 2019 your "Year of the Tiny Resolution”.
Keeping this in mind, what small, but mighty thing can you do in your life that may result in big changes? Write about it.

#14. Currently :
Planning

#15. Color :
Scrap with this month’s color swatch inspired by Pantone’s Color of the Year “Living Coral”
Your layout should be inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown, but it should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the swatch provided.

#16. Rewind / Flashback :
Once upon a time, modern magazine style layouts without shadows were all the rage.
We challenge you to create an ultra-clean layout using NO shadows.

#17. Scrap Stash :
Sort your scrap stash by date, and scrap with a product at least a year old!

#18. Scraplift :
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim B. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...

These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 12-31-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:52 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

These prompts are incredible can't wait to get started
Old 01-01-2019, 02:58 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I have a question - the whole month theme is the Universe wants you to grow - does that have to be in every page too? for eg -OLW fresh - does that have to tie in with the universe wants you to grow or just "Fresh"?
Old 01-01-2019, 04:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Question #1 -
I posted a layout Jan 1 at 1:10 am mst but the gallery is showing it was posted December 31. Will it be okay since I really did make my layout AFTER the new challenge system was revealed?

Question #2 -

PLEASE NOTE: we would LOVE if you would upload your FULL SIZE passport image to an outside image host like Imgur, Dropbox, Google Photos, etc. so that we can see your 1150px wide passport in its full glory!

Does this mean no more uploading our completed card to the SSD Gallery at the end of the month?
Old 01-01-2019, 04:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and one more thing.....are we supposed to upload to the Bingo Gallery or will we be getting a new sub-gallery to be posting our layouts in for these challenges?

Right now, my first one is posted in the old Bingo gallery (just making a note for myself)
Old 01-01-2019, 04:07 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

#17- the actual product needs to be over a year ? Or I've oqned it over a year ?

How do I tell if the product is over a year? My files only show the date I downloaded and I've only been here just shy of a year :/
Old 01-01-2019, 04:34 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
#17- the actual product needs to be over a year ? Or I've oqned it over a year ?

How do I tell if the product is over a year? My files only show the date I downloaded and I've only been here just shy of a year :/
Well, it could be that you use the first kit that you bought here or one from the first batch/week/month you joined SSD!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
I have a question - the whole month theme is the Universe wants you to grow - does that have to be in every page too? for eg -OLW fresh - does that have to tie in with the universe wants you to grow or just "Fresh"?
The monthly theme gives us a starting point and some direction in the overall feel of the challenges, but feel free to interpret them however you like. At the end of the day we want you to scrap pages that you WANT in your albums, so tweak them to suit your needs. As for 'Fresh', it's whatever fresh means to you. Could be fresh food, fresh breeze, the kids getting fresh (back chatting), fresh perspective, fresh new year . . . anything.

Last edited by jacinda; 01-01-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:41 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
It's whatever fresh means to you. Could be fresh food, fresh breeze, the kids getting fresh (back chatting), fresh perspective . . . anything.
Oh good - so doesn't have to go with the overall "theme" as well? Thank goodness, i thought that was going to make it extra tricky
Old 01-01-2019, 05:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
#17- the actual product needs to be over a year ? Or I've owned it over a year ?

Go by your download date. When it's on your computer you usually have an option to sort your folders by date, and it will generally default to the date you downloaded/modified it. If you haven't been scrapping long, then just use one of your earliest kits. Does that make sense?
Old 01-01-2019, 05:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Question #1 -
I posted a layout Jan 1 at 1:10 am mst but the gallery is showing it was posted December 31. Will it be okay since I really did make my layout AFTER the new challenge system was revealed?
[B]
Yes that will be fine. We're all on different time zones, so we understand when that happens.

I'll leave your other question for Sherly or Loni to answer, as I'm not sure which gallery to use.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh good - so doesn't have to go with the overall "theme" as well? Thank goodness, i thought that was going to make it extra tricky
To quote Loni: "These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family."
Old 01-01-2019, 08:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No shadows......oh my, that is a huge challenge indeed !!
Old 01-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Question #2 -

PLEASE NOTE: we would LOVE if you would upload your FULL SIZE passport image to an outside image host like Imgur, Dropbox, Google Photos, etc. so that we can see your 1150px wide passport in its full glory!

Does this mean no more uploading our completed card to the SSD Gallery at the end of the month?
Unless you can keep your full size passport image under 250kb - to be able to be uploaded to our gallery - I'd say you should use other image host. However, as per usual, the layouts will have to be in the SSD gallery.

Please hang on for a while, while I request Robin to create the new sub-category in the gallery for the new challenge. For now, you can just upload it to your personal member gallery and later add it into the new category. Hope that helps.

Ps. thank you so so much Jacinda, for helping answering these question!
Old 01-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
No shadows......oh my, that is a huge challenge indeed !!
It's a challenge for me too! I tried making a page with no shadows last night and I tossed it and started a new one with shadows
Old 01-01-2019, 10:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
It's a challenge for me too! I tried making a page with no shadows last night and I tossed it and started a new one with shadows
no shadows and magazine style.......what is this challenge doing to me ?!??! LOL I decided to start with that prompt first...just to get it out of the way hahaha
Old 01-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hey!

Loni is creating our passports with a variety of goodies from the kits she chooses to use including the word art which is what "The Universe Wants You To Grow" is. This month's theme is Passport to Tomorrow, and we'll be giving you a passport to somewhere new each and every month!

The monthly "theme" is something that our team is using to challenge ourselves to challenge YOU! We'll be the ones coming up with the overarching themes in our list of challenges, and you guys are welcome to get creative in how you interpret each challenge.

Definitely have fun with these!

R
Old 01-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh and one more thing.....are we supposed to upload to the Bingo Gallery or will we be getting a new sub-gallery to be posting our layouts in for these challenges?

Right now, my first one is posted in the old Bingo gallery (just making a note for myself)
New sub-gallery is up! I thought we had everything covered, but I missed that one.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Any creative ideas for the birds prompt? That one has me worried. I will definitely have to be creative as birds are not in my photos/kits much. I guess I do have some owls.....hmmmmm.....
Old 01-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So is Fresh just an example of One Little Word? I always scrap my word for the year but it is sure not fresh. I could maybe tie it in to being a fresh year for a new word?
Old 01-01-2019, 01:08 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
So is Fresh just an example of One Little Word? I always scrap my word for the year but it is sure not fresh. I could maybe tie it in to being a fresh year for a new word?
Each month will simply have a One Word Challenge. Use the word "Fresh" on your page - whatever that means to you. A Fresh Start. Fresh Groceries. Farm Fresh Christmas Trees. A Flirt who won your heart being a little Fresh

Next month we'll have a new word for you tied to that month's theme!
Old 01-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Unless you can keep your full size passport image under 250kb - to be able to be uploaded to our gallery - I'd say you should use other image host. However, as per usual, the layouts will have to be in the SSD gallery.

Please hang on for a while, while I request Robin to create the new sub-category in the gallery for the new challenge. For now, you can just upload it to your personal member gallery and later add it into the new category. Hope that helps.

Ps. thank you so so much Jacinda, for helping answering these question!
Thank you Sherly and Jacinda

I thought the time stamp wouldn't matter, but I know the date changes around 1pm my time the next day and I didn't want to until this afternoon to post layouts for the new month!

Sherly, it makes sense uploading to another browser. I tried resizing it and it was SO small you couldn't see anything. But I wanted to make sure about posting (or not) in the gallery. In the end, I didn't want to get in trouble for not doing something that I should. Trying to make sure I understand it all from the get-go! Are we still allowed to post the completed card in the gallery, linking to all of our layouts like I've been doing in the past? I like seeing the finalized month in my gallery. But I don't want to do it, if it's frown upon. I promise I'll upload my completed card to Imugur and link in the forum.

Thank you all for being SO quick to respond!!
Old 01-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
New sub-gallery is up! I thought we had everything covered, but I missed that one.
Thank you! I'll edit my layout from early this morning!
Old 01-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Each month will simply have a One Word Challenge. Use the word "Fresh" on your page - whatever that means to you. A Fresh Start. Fresh Groceries. Farm Fresh Christmas Trees. A Flirt who won your heart being a little Fresh

Next month we'll have a new word for you tied to that month's theme!
Ah. I see. It was the use of the phrase 'One Little Word' that threw me off. The association of OLW (Ali Edwards style) is very much on my brain today. Had it been called Just One Word or something, it would not have confused me! I'm in New Year mode, can you tell?
Old 01-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In which thread do we post links to layouts etc.? I may have missed it but, I read each thread twice and didn't see it.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ View Post
In which thread do we post links to layouts etc.? I may have missed it but, I read each thread twice and didn't see it.
Post your completed tracker image and link to the layouts you leave love on for the month in the MAIN January 2019: Passport to Tomorrow thread.

If you want to chat about any of the challenges, ask for ideas, share ideas, etc. Post that convo in our monthly Passport Inspiration Portal thread.

Hope it helps!

R
Old 01-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Question about the futurisict theme kit. can it be any kit or one from the shop? i have something in mind to use but it is not from the shop. it is part of a blog train i follow.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauveSunrise View Post
Question about the futurisict theme kit. can it be any kit or one from the shop? i have something in mind to use but it is not from the shop. it is part of a blog train i follow.
Thanks for asking! For our challenges we do require that the majority of your page uses Sweet Shoppe stuff. Outside templates are fine, but it should be obvious that your layouts featured Sweet Shoppe stuff.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

guess i will have to figure something out. not haing money to spend at the moment limits me but its ok i will see what i can come up with lol
Old 01-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
guess i will have to figure something out. not haing money to spend at the moment limits me but its ok i will see what i can come up with lol
You can use the freebies in the shop, that’s how I started my stash.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...me.php?cat=796

In case you haven't seen them yet!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 01-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
i am using reach for the stars
Old 01-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Are we still allowed to post the completed card in the gallery, linking to all of our layouts like I've been doing in the past? I like seeing the finalized month in my gallery. But I don't want to do it, if it's frown upon. I promise I'll upload my completed card to Imugur and link in the forum.

Thank you all for being SO quick to respond!!
Of course you still can upload your passport in the gallery, Wendy!
Old 01-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How many spots do you need to fill to be one of the three scrappers to win something from the featured designers?

If I didn't complete at least an entire row with bingo, I wouldn't post my tracker so that Libby didn't have to delete my post before choosing winners. I'd rather save her that step if I don't at least meet the minimum requirement each month.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
How many spots do you need to fill to be one of the three scrappers to win something from the featured designers?

Thanks!
I need to confirm my answer, but I think it's safe to say that you should meet the minimum requirement aka to aim to get the 20% off coupon.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can someone give me a refresher on product usage? Does it have to be currently in the store? What about scoops where one designer is still at SSD and the other is retired? I have a few like that and I'd love to use them, but want to double check before I consider it for a challenge.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Can someone give me a refresher on product usage? Does it have to be currently in the store? What about scoops where one designer is still at SSD and the other is retired? I have a few like that and I'd love to use them, but want to double check before I consider it for a challenge.
You can use any product [current or retired] from our roster of designers in the Shoppe. Scoops/collabs are fine to use as long as one of the designers is still at SSD.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
You can use any product [current or retired] from our roster of designers in the Shoppe. Scoops/collabs are fine to use as long as one of the designers is still at SSD.

But we can no longer use anything from Amber Shaw, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
But we can no longer use anything from Amber Shaw, correct?
you can no longer use solo products of Amber's for challenges.

Last edited by lingovise; 01-03-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
you can no longer use solo products of Amber's for challenges.
I was wondering that, so collabs are fine as long as the designer is still here, say a collab she did with Flergs? Just double checking for future reference
Old 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the clarification. The kits I wanted to use would be fine then. They were collabs with Krystal but the other designers are still here. I do appreciate that because I have a lot of favorites I have't got to use as much as I'd like yet!
Old 01-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I was wondering that, so collabs are fine as long as the designer is still here, say a collab she did with Flergs? Just double checking for future reference
Yes, that’s right
Old 01-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

In regards to the color challenge: I'm color challenged, I am curious if this kit meets the acceptable range because I just can't tell. S

Last edited by AshleyMilfd; 01-05-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I'm so glad to see that any current OR retired SSD product can be used as long as it's from a current designer! I was just going to ask that. I've been off from scrapping for a while, and a lot of my products are no longer in the shop. I was getting bummed because I was thinking they all had to be current products!
Old 01-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
In regards to the color challenge: I'm color challenged, I am curious if this kit meets the acceptable range because I just can't tell. S
Here is a page I did for that challenge, Ashley:

You need a deeper coral color than that one on the kit above.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was wanting to use a collab of all the designers (So Much To Love) and I noticed it is not in the store -- do we have to use only kits in the store?
Old 01-06-2019, 04:30 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
I was wanting to use a collab of all the designers (So Much To Love) and I noticed it is not in the store -- do we have to use only kits in the store?
It's okay to use the SSD store collabs, even if it's not in the store.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Here is a page I did for that challenge, Ashley:

You need a deeper coral color than that one on the kit above.
And here I was pouting bc I didn't have a kit that fit. But I have THAT one !! Thanks sooo much
Old 01-07-2019, 05:59 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
Is there a way for future months to have these prompts on the tracker? One of the great things about bingo was that it was all there and I didn't have to come back and forth each time. I see the one word on there can I just go off that or do I have to come back here? Doing that 18 times is not going to get me to participate. Yes it can be lazy but I just like to look visually at one place.
Some people on the inspiration portal thread mentioned about copying and pasting the prompts on a text file, or you can even print screen the page to a jpg file and save it on your computer, so that you don't have to go back and forward.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
Is there a way for future months to have these prompts on the tracker? One of the great things about bingo was that it was all there and I didn't have to come back and forth each time. I see the one word on there can I just go off that or do I have to come back here? Doing that 18 times is not going to get me to participate. Yes it can be lazy but I just like to look visually at one place.
That was one of my complaints too. Robin said they will try to make it clearer for next month.