Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 09-06-2022, 10:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default I have a guilty secret/confession, but be warned it's pretty gross.

If you have been around the forum for any length of time, you are probably aware that I am in a constant battle with my weight. I have been chunky since I was four years old and after more than 50 years of trying, I am still chunky. Last year I lost over 50 lbs, this year I found it and more.

I readily recognize that I am an emotional eater, so when I am stressed I put on weight. I know I am not truly hungry, but my mind tells me I need food to feel better, so I eat. It is frustrating as heck, but like I said, an ongoing battle that I have not been able to win for good.

Frankly, I wouldn't really care about my weight if it wasn't for the health issues that go hand in hand with it. Those things worry me a lot, but still, I find comfort in food.

Because of this, I try to keep occupied and have finally found something that I can do, which not only keeps me occupied, but makes it so I don't want to eat. What is my miracle cure? Pimple popping videos. I know, so gross, right?

I think gross is part of why it works for me. I don't want to eat after watching one, but what makes me feel guilty about this entire thing is that I find them completely fascinating too. Maybe a little too fascinating. But I can't be alone, or else there wouldn't be thousands upon thousands of videos out there, right?

As silly as it probably is, I have been feeling guilty about watching these things and had to say something to see if I am the only person who is fascinated by them and who uses them to kill the urge to eat.

Also, does anyone have a guilty secret like this; something you like to watch or do that makes you judge yourself?

Finally, what are these pop up shops, pun intended, I see in the videos where people are lined up on massage tables getting popped in the same place? Do they really exist?

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 09-06-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well I totally relate to the weight thing. But the pimple popping? You are on your own. Maybe if I watched I might feel like you do. Lol But if it makes you happy, then go for it!
Old 09-06-2022, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like Dr. Pimple Popper and subscribed to her YouTube for a bit but had to unsubscribe. Watching her on TV was okay but that close to my face on my computer screen wasn't for me. And yeah, I can see how that would make you not want to eat. If it improves your physical heath, then go for it!
Maybe you are drawn to these videos because of an interest in the medical field. I find myself interest in legal stories although I never wanted to be a lawyer. Don't feel guilty.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never thought of them as an appetite suppressant but that totally makes sense! I am fascinated with them in small doses. After a few I do get a little grossed out, though, but at the same time it's hard to turn away.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I watch them. I find it relaxing. lol The videos you are talking about are generally set in Vietnam and countries near there. The comments tell me that dermatologists are hard to come by and supposedly in Buddhism you cannot do any harm to yourself and thus cannot pop your own. I don't know how true it is, I have just noticed it in the comments.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I watch them. I find it relaxing. lol The videos you are talking about are generally set in Vietnam and countries near there. The comments tell me that dermatologists are hard to come by and supposedly in Buddhism you cannot do any harm to yourself and thus cannot pop your own. I don't know how true it is, I have just noticed it in the comments.
You can't pop your own? I love so many of the ideals of Buddhism, but you lost me there. If I had a big zit on my face, I would pop it. I have been lucky to have good skin and hardly any acne at all. Maybe that is why it is fascinating to me as well; some of those poor people have skin that looks like it hurts. I feel bad for them, but still watch them get popped.

I love that you find them relaxing, because I actually fell asleep to one the other night while fighting a late night snack urge. LOL
Old 09-06-2022, 02:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I never thought of them as an appetite suppressant but that totally makes sense! I am fascinated with them in small doses. After a few I do get a little grossed out, though, but at the same time it's hard to turn away.
Exactly this. Grossed out, no longer hungry, but hard to turn away.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I like Dr. Pimple Popper and subscribed to her YouTube for a bit but had to unsubscribe. Watching her on TV was okay but that close to my face on my computer screen wasn't for me. And yeah, I can see how that would make you not want to eat. If it improves your physical heath, then go for it!
Maybe you are drawn to these videos because of an interest in the medical field. I find myself interest in legal stories although I never wanted to be a lawyer. Don't feel guilty.
I watch on my tablet, so I can hold it back a bit. I hope it does help because if not, I am grossing myself out for nothing. LOL

I have absolutely no interest in the medical field. I took care of both parents through terminal illnesses and did not care for anything about it. And I am not a soothing person. I can't just sit and hold a hand or stroke hair. I have to be moving and talking. I used to make up stuff to tell my mom if nothing worth talking about was going on that day. Her dogs had some way out there adventures for that very reason. LOL
Old 09-06-2022, 02:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn7 View Post
Well I totally relate to the weight thing. But the pimple popping? You are on your own. Maybe if I watched I might feel like you do. Lol But if it makes you happy, then go for it!
Thank you. Your response made me feel better about it.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:41 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Lol! I just can't do it. My hubby went through a phase where he was watching those a ton and kept trying to get me to watch them too... but I just couldn't do it! I'm glad it's working for you though! Way to totally think outside the box!
Old 09-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I too have to say I have no interest in them at all. I can relate to the emotional eating though. I am a big emotional eater. During C0V1D I lived off of wine and Ben and Jerrys. My body can't take the weight...I lost a bunch then had 2 knee surgeries (minor) but invasive and I gained it all back. I am on weight watchers now and it works. I am also doing a program called Plexus. The triplex has helped me a ton. The probio is great and the pink drink they call it helps curb my cravings. I just did a 3 day reset with them and my stomach shrunk a lot so I eat smaller portions and drink a lot more water. I cut back on soda and caffeine as well.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I too have to say I have no interest in them at all. I can relate to the emotional eating though. I am a big emotional eater. During C0V1D I lived off of wine and Ben and Jerrys. My body can't take the weight...I lost a bunch then had 2 knee surgeries (minor) but invasive and I gained it all back. I am on weight watchers now and it works. I am also doing a program called Plexus. The triplex has helped me a ton. The probio is great and the pink drink they call it helps curb my cravings. I just did a 3 day reset with them and my stomach shrunk a lot so I eat smaller portions and drink a lot more water. I cut back on soda and caffeine as well.
I’m on WW also but it’s slow going. Have heard about Plexus but don’t know much. Does it really work for you and in conjunction with WW?
Old 09-06-2022, 08:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Totally obsessed with pimple popping videos here. It's all I watch on youTube & FB watch
Old 09-07-2022, 04:08 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I watched a very little bit and I was grossed out, so I stopped.
but, hey, what a way to think outside the box!
Old 09-07-2022, 07:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind those videos and can watch them in small doses... it really takes a lot to gross me out... probably because I've dealt with so much snot, poop, and spit up/vomit.... kids are lucky they are cute...hehehehe

I am also am emotional eater and I eat when I am bored... I am working very hard on those....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-07-2022, 08:59 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lorie, you've got me dry heaving over here lmao!

i watch documentaries about serial killers, and recognize that it isn't for everyone lol

Old 09-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have never thought about such videos and had no idea they existed. But again, there is something for everyone out there. I do enjoy popping zits though. I remember my grandpa had a huge black head on his back when I was a kid and my mom popped it for him (he was a farmer so not the cleanest of backs...) and my sister and I watched very closely and we all ewwd and aaahd at the same time. lol
Old 09-07-2022, 08:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post

i watch documentaries about serial killers, and recognize that it isn't for everyone lol
I do as well. Evil Lives Here, American Monster, I Am a Killer, Deadly Women, Stories From Death Row etc..…we just call them murdery shows here.

Have never watched the pimple popper stuff.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I guess my guilty pleasure is criminal minds on repeat or murdery shows...love crime podcasts, documentaries etc.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn7 View Post
I’m on WW also but it’s slow going. Have heard about Plexus but don’t know much. Does it really work for you and in conjunction with WW?
Yes Jenn...Love plexus for so many reasons. I have been doing it for 5 or so years. A lot of ailments are linked to gut health. I have found I can go to the bathroom regularly (tmi, I know) but important, my body doesn't ache like it was before I got back on a routine of it (I could barely get up a flight of stairs and forget about getting in the floor), it also has helped greatly on my sugar cravings bc it balances your blood sugar as well as your gut. A healthy gut is so crucial...anything can throw it off...sickness, antibiotics, bad diet (face we all eat horribly). Using the Triplex (pink drink, biocleanse and probio) I don't get sick, allergies don't bother me as much (eyes swell shut with cats but with a healthy gut I just get a little sneezy). I can go on an on but I have seen such an improvement on my health and body using it. It makes following WW easier bc I am not wanting the junk food as much. I am happy to answer more questions if you have them
Old 09-07-2022, 11:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I tried a diet once that said that your imagination is better than your willpower, so the best way to avoid eating food is doing exactly what you are doing, if you want to not eat something then picture it covered in something gross, and you might just be disgusted enough to not put it in your mouth (that said, that diet didn't work for me, the only thing that worked for me was WLS).

My guilty pleasure is chips. I eat them every day, in some capacity. A bag will last me a week, but just that little bit of them ... makes my day lol

Old 09-08-2022, 10:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I watch those too. Wonder if I should be worried.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've never even heard of those videos. The thought actually grosses me out.

I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. I did WW back in 2002 and lost 25 lbs, but it eventually came back and then some. I am using My Fitness Pal now. It is great to make yourself accountable, and you will be surprised just how many calories you are consuming.

My guilty pleasure is sweets, but I have talked myself into only eating when the items are homemade except for a special occasion. That really keeps me from eating them.

Good luck! You've done it once before, and you can do it again! Just think about your health, and keep telling yourself you are doing it for your health. I do that, and it makes it a bit easier.