Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Question about finishing a layout

Hi All!
I have a question, do you upload to two galleries? What site do you upload all your pages to for a portfolio of all your work?

When your finished with a layout do you have a step sheet of what you do with it?
1. Save as a jpg
2. Save for web
3. etc??
4. ??

I've been here forever but haven't gotten involved and want to start!
Thanks!!
Michelle
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

If it's a layout for a CT assignment, I upload to several galleries - I think I have about six that are my regular stops. If it's not for a CT assignment, I upload it wherever the product is from and at DST. DST is where I have my (almost) complete portfolio.

As far as the steps when I finish a layout. I save the layered .psd file. Then I flatten and save as a high quality .jpg. Then I resize to 600x600, run an unsharp mask, and then save for web. After a while, I move all my layered files to our network drive to clear out space on my local hard drive.

But, everyone has different ways of doing all of this. You'll get lots of different answers. And, it's just a matter of figuring out what system works best for you.

Welcome to SSD! I'm glad you've decided to come out of lurkdom.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is similar to Lydia's--I have each layout in its own folder. The layered file, the flattened jpg and also the edited photo I used are in there. Before I flatten my layout though I open a text file and write down the credits.

For CT assignments, I also include in the text file a direct link to the layout (I use Photobucket) and then links to the galleries where I've uploaded it. It makes it easier for me to c/p this information in my designers' forums

Once I've uploaded my layout I move the folder to an EHD and another drive as backup, as my poor jurassic computer only has a harddrive of 180GB :P
Old 07-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do the same too...except for the fact that I resize in the save for web area....maybe I have to change that?

I also save the psd file and a high quality jpg.
As a coincident yesterday I checked all jpg files on spelling mistakes and threw away the psd files. So they are ready to be printed into an album now.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I upload to the my scrapbook.com gallery and the shop where the products were purchased (so mostly here). I am wanting another gallery for my full portfolio and checking Log Your Memory and Me So Scrappy.

As for my process?
I save the layered psd file; then a high quality jpg, then save for web at 500x500 in PS. I then open the web version in picassa and sharpen a bit then up load.

As for storage: the PSD's and HQ jpgs are in the folder of the album it belongs in. The web version is stored in my "For web" folder with blog posts, FB uploads etc along with the credits for my LO's.

I print my Jpgs about once a month which is when I delete the PSD's and ideally I should store the HQ jpg to the external
Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I usually only upload challenges here and CT work various places.

I keep a Gallery on Photobucket for applying to CT teams tho. It really needs an update now that I think about it.....

I also have a share site on Shutterfly (http://scrapbookalbums.shutterfly.com/) where I upload everything that is going to eventually be in an album. I also upload photos on there under a separate tab. Family can look there whenever they want and I don't have to email anything to them, the site does it automatically. (I take a LOT of photos lol)

When a LO is done it goes into it's own album file, saved as jpg. I have a separate file for web copies and that file is broken down into smaller files like July Portfolio and such.

Printing is done on Persnickety. I upload the album to print when it's finished. I also make a file there named Printed and as I print that album off I move those LOs to Printed. Once it's done it's all deleted and on to the next album.

I work on several albums as I feel the need. I work on the current year chronologically. If/when I'm caught up on the current year, I work on other projects. I've been at this for several months so I have tons to work on lol. BUT this year is caught up right now.

And that was a walk through my slightly OCD digiscrapping process!

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July

Last edited by AmyG; 07-18-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Leontine, I read your sigge as "lick for my blog" LOLOL. Oh, I need sleep!

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July